Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66798 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »
@MrZaKaGi May I ask where are you playing this from?  Japan?

SkatanMilla

• New Challenger
  • Bakyuun~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »
MrZakagi, the reason I wanted to know is because of cl.D, f+B, qcb+A which i think is a nice combo both in terms of damage and visually.
Something I recently though about, do you know if her qcb+C can cancel into any other special when she's in drive mode?
That could make for some cool combos like:
cl.D, B+C, run, cl.D(1hit), qcb+C, dcu+C, bcf+D, dcu+C, bcf+D~C, V-slasher.

Also what are the properties of her grand saber evade?

Really looking forward to what you can find out with her, if you get the opportunity :)
- Beasting or just regular beastiality? -

MrZaKaGi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 05:31:57 AM »
@MrZaKaGi May I ask where are you playing this from?  Japan?
Singapore but now I'm in Brunei which has nothing but Tekken 6 BR lolol.

Skatan: W/o super meter or if you want to save it clD fB qcbA is the main thing to do if you land a clD midscreen indeed.

I haven't observed about her C dive being cancellable in HD mode bu I'll keep that in mind. Also that combo should bring them to the corner so it might be possible. I'm looking for an HD combo where I can loop bfP as much as possible for fat damage. :) Grand Saber also doesn't go under fireballs as I tried to do them against Ash and Takuma's projectiles. If I recall EX one doesn't go through as well. Still to make up for that it pops out fast and appears to have a bigger horizontal hitbox.

An interesting note is that when you do Hyper Drive Cancel your character already automatically moves forward during the initial burst.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:23:24 PM by MrZaKaGi »

SkatanMilla

• New Challenger
  • Bakyuun~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
I'm looking for an HD combo where I can loop bfP as much as possible for fat damage. :)

That would be a dream come true, I just assumed it would be too good so it wasn't possible.
But.... is it? :)
- Beasting or just regular beastiality? -

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
Leona HD Combo: 901 Damage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmW40BzD93s

EDIT:
Added to the first page. -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:24:47 PM by Kane317 »

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 02:01:13 AM »
that's such a nasty combo hahah wow i need to practice
In it to win it!

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
so i played as leona for like 8 hours this past weekend. just wanted to say, hop D is gdlk! hop C is pretty sick as well. i love leona hahahah
In it to win it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Updated some combos on the first page just for you David :)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
much appreciated! i will attempt to use them against you next time i'm at AI hahahah
In it to win it!

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:28 PM »
Still haven't seen many good vids of her being played at a high level.  Have any of you?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 03:57:21 AM »
Still haven't seen many good vids of her being played at a high level.  Have any of you?

No but it seems like after reading up on her on the (BBS+Mook), she has her old instant-overhead into V-Slasher tricks back again, Ex special combo extenders,  plus she actually have some viable HD combos so that's fun.  I'm sure someone will pick her up at AI eventually (heck I may start using her again).

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 04:17:49 AM »
Nice.  She's my main, but I only play 98/UM.  I was a little worried that she would be way different in XIII, but it sounds like she's got a lot of her old tricks and such.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
It's official, I'm working on her as my third character in my team (finally after not having a solid third for ages).

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 05:37:05 PM »
Awesome.  Maybe we can see some decent footage now that someone actually plays her.  Just out of curiosity, whose the third member of your team?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
So Chin, Shen Woo, Leona, eh? That sounds pretty fun to watch. Replace Shen for Clark, and you'd have my XII team.

So, random ideas/thoughts:

Can you combo ;a X-Calibur into EX X-Cal in corner?

Strike Arch is only possible from  ;fd  ;b, correct? In 2k2, It's also possible from  ;bk ;b . (I prefer it only from  ;fd, as you can then use standing/walking back ;b as an anti-hop.)

Do any of her moves count as anywhere juggles? Slash Saber seems to do a very good job of catching people out of the air... could make her into a nice Mini-Betty.

Can she land Baltic Launcher off standing ;c ;d , jumping ;c ;d or drive canceled from other special in corner?

Are these the correct properties for B.Launcher?:
-- ;a is fairly fast, appears in front of her.
-- ;c is about the same speed, but floats forwards and upwards (yay for no slow, awkward jump!)
-- ;a ;c has a wider hitbox, appears faster, + she recover faster (for possible drive meterless followups?)

Maybe she could do EX X Calibur from a backwards hop? (could do normal X-Cal from hop in XII, but there wasn't much point.)

Maybe Earring Bakuden could actually have some use in HD combos? Seemed to have fast activation (for Bakuden, anyway), could be a decent way to re-float a falling opponent.

Can she drive cancel out of the recovery frames from Bakuden? Could be a nice way to regain lost pressure w/quick Grand Sabres, or just a nice way to land/start a combo, if the Bakuden catches them low during your GS advance.