Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80910 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Sticky Needed
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 01:29:48 PM »
If I know the character moves names, than that's definitely easier to read. However, if I don't know the move names it can be a real nightmare to read. Out of courtesy to new players then, I'd suggest using commands.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
for example, i had combos written out like this (since thats how JP wiki lists it):

2C> 3D> EX Venom Strike> Venom Strike B> Tornado Kick D (1st hit only)> (DC) EX Aerial Venom Strike> Venom Strike B> Tornado Kick D [522]

but, it looks like people prefer commands, so i'll retype before i start posting. probably wont get anything new up until tuesday though. if people want specific characters done first, let me know. order doesn't matter to me.

I'm usually a command person but Kane317's suggestion of listing the command in parentheses after the first reference to the move works as well. I'd prefer not to use numeric notation as the rest of the Wiki is using qcf, cr., etc. With laptops being so common, not everyone has a numpad on their keyboard.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »
Another question about the combos, do you guys prefer the ones that are practically useful or don't mind if its taken from vids and other sources?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
why are your replies always so ambiguous, yuhang? lol

I like to make people think they came up with the conclusion themselves hehe.

Another question about the combos, do you guys prefer the ones that are practically useful or don't mind if its taken from vids and other sources?

Just put them all. I'm sure the reader can decide which ones they feel are impractical.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:20:21 PM by Kane317 »

krazykone123

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
KOF XIII wiki(s) that need attention
- Benimaru
- Duo Lon
- Joe
- Kim
- Hwa Jai
- Mai
- Yuri
- Ryo
- Robert
- Mature
- Ralf
- Clark
- Kensou
- Maxima
- Kula

KOF XIII wiki(s) that need work
- Shen
- King
- K'
- Leona
- Terry
- Andy
- Daimon

KOF XIII wiki(s) that are almost complete
- Ash
- Kyo
- Elisabeth
- Takuma
- Iori
- Vice
- Athena
- Chin
- Raiden

updated, good work people

btw did you get my pm Kane?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
btw did you get my pm Kane?

Yes sir I did, thank you.

krazykone123

Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Need help with a wiki page? ask here
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 06:52:01 PM »
Now that 2k2UM is out on xbla we can use this time fill up some of those empty pages

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Puttin' in Work
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
I've got 2K2UM for almost every character done. I'll upload them as the pages are filled.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:36 AM »
I'm 90% done with Chin.  Just need to c&p some combos and write up his pros and cons.  It was a lot more work than I expected lol uploading the pics and formatting the wiki (until I finally figured it out and got my rhythm towards the end lol).

krazykone123

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »
Templates for the K' and Leona XIII wiki's are up, info to come soon

I'll work on a couple 02UM pages as well

krazykone123

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »
I'm 90% done with Chin.  Just need to c&p some combos and write up his pros and cons.  It was a lot more work than I expected lol uploading the pics and formatting the wiki (until I finally figured it out and got my rhythm towards the end lol).

Been adding a few things to your Chin wiki, his moveset is a lot more complicated than it looks, all those command moves and stances, what's the input for EX Nikikyaku?

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
i've been noticing that some characters on the JP wiki have combos (those 100% dmg 5 stock combos) that seem to be untested since they don't have damage numbers. would you still like those transcribed? or would you rather wait until someone has actually playtested them to confirm their validity? i mean, i could always add an "untested/needs confirming section" for those who want to try and could update as necessary.

note: i also forgot that people wanted commands over names, so all the work i've done so far is in move names still. should i just post and edit later, or would you guys rather wait? i've been kinda busy lately so i apologize for not having updates put up sooner.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
Been adding a few things to your Chin wiki, his moveset is a lot more complicated than it looks, all those command moves and stances, what's the input for EX Nikikyaku?

df.BD

krazykone123

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
i mean, i could always add an "untested/needs confirming section" for those who want to try and could update as necessary.

Do that then, makes things a bit easier

note: i also forgot that people wanted commands over names, so all the work i've done so far is in move names still. should i just post and edit later, or would you guys rather wait? i've been kinda busy lately so i apologize for not having updates put up sooner.

You can ask one of us to fix it for you if you don't have the time, link it here or tell us the page name

df.BD

Thanks, anyway the Kula (2k2UM) wiki is mostly done, the rest of the information will be added when I get around to it whenever that is

btw add the character image to the Kula (2002UM) wiki when you can nilcam
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:13:26 AM by krazykone123 »

krazykone123

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 06:19:53 AM »
Combos added to the Ryo and Heidern (02UM) wiki pages, anyone gonna finish that Andy (XIII) page?