Linked Events

• Apex 2014: January 17, 2014 - January 19, 2014

Author Topic: [Jan 17-19 2014] APEX 2014 [KOF XIII, UMVC3, SSF4AE2012 and more]  (Read 4327 times)

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
APEX 2014

January 17-19, 2014

Pre-Registration will be up soon so check into www.apex-series.com for information!

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/apex.series?ref=hl
Twitter : @Apex_Series

Hey all! Apex 2014, the biggest Smash tournament is back! We have a lot in store for you guys this year. As always we took all feedback we could and implemented it into our new event.

UPDATED: (All games will be played on Xbox 360 EXCEPT The King of Fighters XIII & Tekken Tag Tournament 2, which will be ran on PS3, while Smash will be played on Wii/GC/N64 respectively)

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles ($15)
• Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
• Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($15)
• Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
• Super Smash Bros. ($10 Per Person) - 128 Man Cap
• Project M ($10 Per Person) - 128 Man Cap
• Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 ($10)
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ($10)
• King of Fighters XIII ($10)
• Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ($10)
• Injustice – Gods Among Us ($10)
• Pokemon X/Y ($10 Per Person)

We have moved to a new venue this year. We decided that the best venue we could get for all attendees would be a hotel. After spending weeks looking for a perfect venue we found one:

DoubleTree by Hilton
200 Atrium Drive, Somerset
New Jersey 08873

Here are some amazing features:

•Situated on 16 manicured acres, in the thriving business community of Somerset, NJ
•Adjacent to the 62,000-square-foot Garden State Convention Center
•Just minutes from world-class shopping, dining and nightlife
•Within one hour of Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore and Manhattan
•Approximately 14 miles from the corporate jet runways of Princeton Airport
•Just 35 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
•Approximately 85 miles from JFK International Airport and LaGuardia Airport
•Precor Fitness Center, with top-notch cardiovascular and weight-training equipment
•Flat screen televisions
•Tuscany Restaurant , acclaimed for its hearty breakfasts, delicious lunches, and Northern Italian dinner entrées
•TK's Lounge, offering lighter fare and cocktails, along with DJ and karaoke
•Outdoor Tiki Bar, serving light meals and beverages poolside
•Tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, located on our beautiful grounds
•19-station Circuit Fitness Course, a unique jogging amenity around the hotel's grounds
•Complimentary parking for all guests
•DoubleTree's signature warm chocolate chip cookie welcome
•Centrally located concierge, to assist with all your needs
•Friendly, multilingual staff helps you enjoy your stay
•Hilton HHonors, frequent guest rewards program

The place has everything you need to relax after your matches, or even an alternative place to hang out doing off hours of the event. Do not lose a chance and stay anywhere else. Staying here is THE place to be.

HOTEL RESERVATIONS

To reserve please call 1-800-222-TREE and ask for reservations for the Apex 2014 Tournament room block.

We have worked very hard for these rooms and can gladly announce that all rooms will be a group rate of $99.00/Night. This is a big decrease from last year so use these rooms to your full advantage.

We have four big streamers ready for this event and we'll be announcing our fourth in the next couple days ;) . We can tell you that, in addition to those, there is already a Salty Suite planned by Team Hazmat themselves.

We also will be having the return of Hold Back to Block interviews ( See http://crosscounter.tv/apex-2013-interviews-from-hold-back-to-block/ ) as their amazing talents will be welcome to come again.
Screwattack will be returning to provide more fun antics and interviews as well. Stay tuned for more from them.

OCReMix will be providing us with a new album. Details are already on their site at http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43510 . Want to be a part of the album? Put your music there!

COMING SOON

-Schedule of Events
•Rules
•Travel Info
•Indie Developer and Artist Alley Registration
•Player Registration
•Volunteer Registration

We will be having more information about the event coming soon. In the coming months we will announce our new features, exhibition events, and more.

This year is our year. We have a lot going for us and we are excited to present this to you. We expect everyone to get hyped at Apex 2014 and to continue making this event the biggest and best for all Smash games

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

NOTE: King of Fighters XIII will be ran on Saturday so look at the schedule if you have any confusion on the start time
https://www.apex-series.com/Apex2014Schedule.pdf
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:13:37 AM by Malik »

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: [Jan 17-19 2014] APEX 2014 [KOF XIII, UMVC3, SSF4AE2012 and more]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
Despite our community low turnout, this was an excellent event & I don't see why I wouldn't be coming back unless life things hold be back, looking forward to having a fun time again.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:33:52 AM by Malik »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
The Schedule for anyone curious as to when KOFXIII is
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
UPDATE: APEX 2014 is now being ran on PS3 for KOF so be aware.
-Anony on Sankaku