Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Vice  (Read 11834 times)

krazykone123

KOF 2002UM - Vice
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:45:56 AM »
http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vice_%282k2UM%29

It's pretty much done but I might add a few more things, I added a page from the OG2k2 mook at the end of the page as just about all of it is relevant to Vice in 02UM

krazykone123

Re: KOF 2002UM - Vice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKwBdwZI7g

made a video rundown for Vice's combos in 02UM

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Thank you both guys. Vice is my favorite character. Waiting for more :D

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
When doing these tut vids, do it so you dont have infinite stock. So new comers can see how stock is used in combo.

krazykone123

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:23:47 PM »
When doing these tut vids, do it so you dont have infinite stock. So new comers can see how stock is used in combo.

Duly noted, I'll do that next time, I put the meter info in the description btw

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
Good shit but I have a suggestion to make too, which is if a combo is works midscreen, don't do it in the corner.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
My VS combo showcase for Vice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTYcp66cUF0

Transcript in description

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 08:14:11 PM »
Does she have something in particular that puts her "above" Mature in terms of versatility???

krazykone123

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »
Does she have something in particular that puts her "above" Mature in terms of versatility???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHSrH0ggLk0

Not really but you should play Vice anyway, she's awesome.

She has trouble against fireballers and speedy characters so if you ever run into a Athena/Choi/Mai you may have some trouble.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:44:24 AM by krazykone123 »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:08 AM »

She has trouble against fireballers and speedy characters so if you ever run into a Athena/Choi/Mai you may have some trouble.

If notice that also, while I pursed to start playing with her at a high competitive level against charcters like Athena/Choi/ and especially Mai for me. Thanks for the info, I play with Vice alot. She is always in my top 3 characters since '96. She one of the only characters I've learned to play well at a high competitive level, next to Yamazaki.

One of these days I might work on some kind of matchup chart for her since I like her so much and want excel my skill furthermore with her. If i have the time to put aside to do so I'll be sure to put it up so i can try to do my part to help the community, one of these days =). Because for me she does have her bad matchups in terms of versatility but for the most part I ambitiously still manage with her. Shes my fav.

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 02:47:14 AM »
One of these days I might work on some kind of matchup chart for her since I like her so much and want excel my skill furthermore with her.

Why not start now? I play Vice as well so I can help, just post whatever ideas you have in this thread.

Btw we should play on GGPO sometime.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 06:02:31 AM »
It will take me awhile to start im quite busy IRL at the moment trying to find employment, besides im still pretty much new playing her at a competitive level...Hell pretty new at playing KOF competitively period lol But Im ambitiously learning. I say on a scale of good playing im 6 or 7 out of 10 lol

However, when I have the time to put aside I will be gathering important tips any information as I play with her. Also, i will be searching up Vids and etc. with her matchups and take down wise notes to eventually develop good match up chart.

If you want to play with me as well as everyone else send me a message on AIM
My name AIM : DaddyCaneKOF
I warn you im not good now, im still practicing lol, But I can put up a hell of a fight

krazykone123

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »
It will take me awhile to start im quite busy IRL at the moment trying to find employment, besides im still pretty much new playing her at a competitive level...Hell pretty new at playing KOF competitively period lol But Im ambitiously learning. I say on a scale of good playing im 6 or 7 out of 10 lol

However, when I have the time to put aside I will be gathering important tips any information as I play with her. Also, i will be searching up Vids and etc. with her matchups and take down wise notes to eventually develop good match up chart.

Alright, I'll be sure to drop some knowledge from time to time then.

If you want to play with me as well as everyone else send me a message on AIM
My name AIM : DaddyCaneKOF
I warn you im not good now, im still practicing lol, But I can put up a hell of a fight

Practice is better than nothin'.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:43 PM »
Strangely enough, my interest in Vice stemmed from CvS2 (I know right)... I've been tinkering a bit with her in 2k2UM, and I like how you can backdash into ;qcb + ;b / ;d and it seems to build some meter, although I can't remember how much or how fast it did... I like how she can do ;dn + ;b , ;dn + ;a , ;dn + ;a , st. ;a , ;qcb + ;c ~ ;qcf + ;c , and it does some good damage without meter.

I haven't fought any Athenas/Chois/Mais with her, but fighting against Mai period can be a headache sometimes, because of the projectile that's followed by a rushdown. I know for me its a patient game, and cautiously ;c + ;d when its needed...

Despite her issues with projectile characters, does she have any frame traps/setups to speak of???

krazykone123

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:21:26 AM »
Despite her issues with projectile characters, does she have any frame traps/setups to speak of???

Gorefest/Deicide/Blackend/Backlash, anything that will cause a reverse knockdown is good. As for frame traps this video should explain some things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HpvfT6pwoE