Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45165 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
with the new changes to kof i am thinking about changing my team order

i'm thinking kyo, iori, k'

what do you guys feel is the best order?

thanks.

Iori should definintely go last I think, out of those 3 he needs meter most.

Kyo and K' are both effective but due to a better zoning game and slightly less reliance on meter, which means he can build and keep meter more effectively, I would put K' first.

So K', Kyo and then Iori imo.

That being said though you also gotta take into account how good you are with them, usually I favour putting the strongest last, 2nd strongest 1st and 'weakest' 2nd. I'm not too anal about meter usage, you build it during a round afterall.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:14:03 PM by Diavle »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
with the new changes to kof i am thinking about changing my team order

i'm thinking kyo, iori, k'

what do you guys feel is the best order?

thanks.

Iori should definintely go last I think, out of those 3 he needs meter most.

Kyo and K' are both effective but due to a better zoning game and slightly less reliance on meter, which means he can build and keep meter more effectively, I would put K' first.

So K', Kyo and then Iori imo.

That being said though you also gotta take into account how good you are with them, usually I favour putting the strongest last, 2nd strongest 1st and 'weakest' 2nd. I'm not too anal about meter usage, you build it during a round afterall.

that's why i wanted to put iori second because i could gain alot of meter from kyo, and play a solid game with iori using different types of mixups then i could use any meter left to do big damage with k' ( he is what i think my best so i feel confident with him on anchor).

i will however try what you mentioned and see how it feels. thanks :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Necrotrophic

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
What do you guys think about the team i use? Keep in mind, im very new to KOF.

Terry(Not definite, meant to build meter), Kim (middle, build more meter, maybe use some of it, hes my best character), Mature (anchor, big damage)

Im thinking about switching Terry with Kyo, K' or maybe Andy

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »

Terry(Not definite, meant to build meter), Kim (middle, build more meter, maybe use some of it, hes my best character), Mature (anchor, big damage)

kim is a character that can be really dangerous with meter so i agree with the second position,

for that reason i think that if you switch it would be a good move  since terry kind of temps you to use drive meter for that bnb combo, however  i wouldn't recommend k' since with console changes he actually uses up more meter than he gains.

i'm sure that terry could definitely work though
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:31 AM »
i m trying to compose a team but it s not easy..i dont want something like K,K,I.. i m thinking something like
ash,duolon,iori
i m considering also king as one of the team...
the order now is not that important but ,i think, Iori will end up as my third guy...
i d like to use ash against those K' that make me damn pissed off.. :( maybe with a "turtle" like ash something can be done lol

this evening i ll try a bit of practice with those 2 (ash and duolon)...will see
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »

I wouldn't recommend using any character as a primary "meter builder", especially Terry. If you want a primary character that's great and can build meter just as good, I'd recommend you switch Terry with Andy or Kyo.

Although Kyo is a great anchor, so you may want to place him as your tertiary character.

i m trying to compose a team but it s not easy..i dont want something like K,K,I.. i m thinking something like
ash,duolon,iori
i m considering also king as one of the team...
the order now is not that important but ,i think, Iori will end up as my third guy...
i d like to use ash against those K' that make me damn pissed off.. :( maybe with a "turtle" like ash something can be done lol

this evening i ll try a bit of practice with those 2 (ash and duolon)...will see

I would definitely not recommend turtling with Ash against a K' user. Good thing is that in XIII you don't have to turtle with him; I even have friends who can be very offensive with Ash and all his charges. Remember, buffering is your friend.

Duolon is great with spacing so you might want him to be your primary, and Iori should be your tertiary since he would need meter the most(out of those three anyway).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:14:53 AM by nightmoves »

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
Hello,

Still trying to build my proper team, and this is the first KoF I've gotten into seriously.  So far I have Duo Lon, Athena, and Ryo (in that order).

Duo Lon and Athena seems like they'd both be good either with no meter, or with a bit of meter, so Ive been thinking about Athena first and Duo Lon second... not sure yet.

For my third spot, I like Ryo, but are there any other characters that would be better at taking advantage of a lot of meter?  He seems like he'd be a good solid character as anchor, but I just want to make sure I'm not passing on another, possibly better choice before I learn all these characters inside out :)

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:54 AM »
Both Duolon and Athena can hold their own against most characters without much meter, it all depends on who you consider your best. As for Ryo, he's a great anchor when he has as much meter as possible, so that's a good choice.

In my opinion your team should be Duolon/Athena/Ryo in that order.

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Both Duolon and Athena can hold their own against most characters without much meter, it all depends on who you consider your best. As for Ryo, he's a great anchor when he has as much meter as possible, so that's a good choice.

In my opinion your team should be Duolon/Athena/Ryo in that order.

Thanks!  Good to know.  I'm new to this, and I still wasn't really sure how Athena played with/without meter.  Duo Lon is pretty fun on point, too.

starkilled

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
My team so far is K, Kyo, Vice in that order. I put vice last because I want her to have a lot of meter. Any suggestions would help.

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »
Would it generally be fair to say that rushdown characters tend to be battery characters and charge-move characters tend to be anchor or 2nd characters? Just in case that's not the generally used term, I mean characters that have move executions like M. Bison or Guile (sorry, coming from more of a SF background here!)
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
Would it generally be fair to say that rushdown characters tend to be battery characters and charge-move characters tend to be anchor or 2nd characters? Just in case that's not the generally used term, I mean characters that have move executions like M. Bison or Guile (sorry, coming from more of a SF background here!)

I wouldn't say its as simple as that. Rushdown characters like Shen and Iori are two of the best anchors in the game. I don't think there are clear defined roles for EVERY character. Just different opinions on how to optimize a characters strategy based on your team's needs. I love how unrestricted the KOF system is, both technically and theoretically.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Qpunch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2011, 08:18:14 AM »
Ok so i'm kinda new here and I recently purchased KOFXIII (fuck yeah!)

Is this team good?

Kula/Vice/Iori

in that order?
MBAA: C-Wara, CWLen, C-Aoko, C-VAkiha
KOFXIII: Kula, Vice, Iori, Mai
GG: I-no, A.B.A
Umineko: Eva Beatrice, Lucifer
BB:Hazama
IaMP: Patchouli, Sakuya

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »
Ok so i'm kinda new here and I recently purchased KOFXIII (fuck yeah!)

Is this team good?

Kula/Vice/Iori

in that order?

Yup. Kula is amazing in any slot. Iori is one of the best anchors in the game. Vice is usually used as a meter hungry 2nd or 3rd character. The order you currently run is optimal for the characters on your team based on their strengths. Iori will do the most damage with bar out of the three of them, and with a cross-up / command grab he has the tools needed to open your opponent up to land that hit. Seeing as Vice can't compare with Iori in this regard (she needs more meter than Iori to match his damage), and can function well as a 2nd character, she's best put 2nd. Because both Vice and Iori aren't dominant point characters, that leaves 1st position open for Kula, who is arguably the most versatile character in the game. Amazing meterless combos, great metered combos, great corner carry for pressure after all of them.

You're all set!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:15:40 AM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
My team so far is K, Kyo, Vice in that order. I put vice last because I want her to have a lot of meter. Any suggestions would help.

With just those three characters in mind, I think that's a perfect order.

K' can be effective in any placement, Kyo works well as secondary, and with Vice you'll want as much meter as possible.