Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45459 times)

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
No problem guys. Glad to hear you're both optimistic about the game. Good luck!
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

m1x4h

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
So after experimenting a lot, I've decided to drop Mai for Billy.
Currently, my team is Billy/Ash/Kyo, but I feel like there's something missing. I think Billy's a lot more solid than Mai, especially for my play style. I can't figure out a solid and consistent anti air with her.
Other characters that I've been toying with lately, and I really like are: Yuri, Robert, and Shen. The only person I'm willing to part with in my team is Billy at this point. Ash and Kyo are definitely fitted to the way I play fighting games, which is a semi rushdown, semi zoning style. I can do some stuff with Kim, Terry, and Takuma as well, but I don't think I like them that much. Kim's fun for rushdown though.
KoF13 Newbie: Mai/Ash/Kim
UMvC3: X23/Wesker/Sentinel
SF3: Akuma
MvC2: MSS
CvS2: C-Ken/Cammy/Blanka2
PSN: M1x4h

Chungokusatsu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
Ok, so im new to kof,  all of my fighting experience is in 3rd Strike, and although this game is very different. I love it so far, its really sick.   I just wanted to ask the opinion of kof vets on where you suggest I place my characters for my teams.  Mai is def. my best char and in the corner with meter she is fantastic so I have been runnin her as anchor on both teams, and I'm pretty set on that.  After experimenting with the rest of the cast in missions and watching vids and from the few matches Ive played I definitely like :   Elisabeth, Andy, Vice and Kim.  Now from what Ive seen it seems like Betty and Kim would be best as points, but Im not a 100% sure and plus my lack of knowledge with this series.  So all advice appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
I use Kim first personally and I think he does well in that position.

Elizabeth should definitely be 2nd or 3rd as she is heavily meter dependant, I see her used often in the 2nd position.

Vice is a big meter hog so first is a no go.

Andy can work well in any position I think, like Kim.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:58:06 PM by Diavle »

Chungokusatsu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
Thanks for the input man.  Played awhile last night and kim feels very versatile

JAVH

• New Challenger
  • Dark Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
I try to compose my team using a different style per character, for example: 1 grab char, 1 fireball, and 1 with fast attacks like Billy, Kim, etc.

Haran

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
Hello boys, I have a question for you.

First excuse me for my english but I'm russian, second...

My team is Clark-Benimaru/Saiki/Claw Iori. Yeah, I've doubts about first character.

So, what do you think about this team? And of course, can you recommend me what's the best first character for this team (between Clark and Benimaru if possible) and why in your opinion?

I hope that my english results understandable.

Thank for all. :)

lunarhostility

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »
First time KOF player here. Thinking about K', Andy, and Flame Iori, in that order. What do you guys think?

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
Hello boys, I have a question for you.

First excuse me for my english but I'm russian, second...

My team is Clark-Benimaru/Saiki/Claw Iori. Yeah, I've doubts about first character.

So, what do you think about this team? And of course, can you recommend me what's the best first character for this team (between Clark and Benimaru if possible) and why in your opinion?

I hope that my english results understandable.

Thank for all. :)

Benimaru is known for being one of the most terrifying anchors in the game. Putting him 1st wouldn't be impossible...but you would not be using him at his full potential. Luckily Clark is actually pretty good on point. His 50/50s with SAB and fast normals keep your opponent guessing, the damage rising, and your meter building. Not to mention his knockdown game doesn't really require any meter unless you want to push the damage on punishes. Out of the characters you play, Clark would be best suited on first position.

Lunar: That team sounds really good, especially in that order.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:48:58 AM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

m1x4h

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »
Yo RayNex... I decided to actually get rid of Ash, after hesitation...
Running Billy/Kyo/Yuri OR... Billy/Kyo/Benimaru.
What do you think?
KoF13 Newbie: Mai/Ash/Kim
UMvC3: X23/Wesker/Sentinel
SF3: Akuma
MvC2: MSS
CvS2: C-Ken/Cammy/Blanka2
PSN: M1x4h

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »
I'm new to the KoF games.

I've been running Joe/Takuma/Yuri. Is this a good team?

lunarhostility

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
Raynex, thanks for the response, it's really great hearing constructive feedback from long time members of Dream Cancel. I had a question, though: one of the top players in my scene recommended switching the last two characters because (1) Flames Iori doesn't do enough damage and (2) Andy has really good safe pressure and combo extensions with meter. Care to address these points? Thank you again for the welcome and feedback!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Raynex, thanks for the response, it's really great hearing constructive feedback from long time members of Dream Cancel. I had a question, though: one of the top players in my scene recommended switching the last two characters because (1) Flames Iori doesn't do enough damage and (2) Andy has really good safe pressure and combo extensions with meter. Care to address these points? Thank you again for the welcome and feedback!

If you spend enough time on Classic Iori, he'll do a lot of damage. His HD combos are a little more difficult, but he can apply zoning pressure and mixups a lot easier than claw Iori. Even if you're not doing as much damage, screwing with people has some great value too. For example, his rekka series may be punishable, but if you learn the timing, you can make someone afraid to punish it. When that happens, you can score knockdowns with your sweep after recovery.

He has the same command crossup (I recommend putting time to learn how to get it after any knockdown) and with meter, can lay someone out. Andy's good and all, but using him merely for safe pressure is not easy. Almost none of his moves are safe if you know what to punish. Unless you're very good at zoning, spacing, and you actually want to play that way, you should stick with someone you know.

You should pick who you want to pick.

Chungokusatsu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
Say i want to add shen to my team. Would he be alright at the 2nd spot, if im already set with a cahr in 3rd? Or does he really need to be anchor to excell?

Captain Soviet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Help...
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2012, 04:23:22 AM »
Hey guys, I am somebody who is looking for some team order advice. I enjoy playing Elizabeth, Shen, and NETS Kyo. Is there optimal order I should play?