Author Topic: KOF 2002 UM - Xiangfei  (Read 17744 times)

syxx

Re: KOF 2002 UM - Xiangfei
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »
Is the command REALLY hcb, f + P for the command grab... because most  of the time i just get her qcf+P instead =P

Yes, Xiangfei's command grab is hcb, f + P... When you do the input, what side are you facing on, 1p or 2p???

either, i almost always get a fireball unless i do a full 360

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 03:18:54 AM »
Are you using a pad, or stick???

syxx

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »
pad, and when i do it the same way for like iori and yamazaki i don't have a problem... weird huh?

krazykone123

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
Is the command REALLY hcb, f + P for the command grab... because most  of the time i just get her qcf+P instead =P

Yes, Xiangfei's command grab is hcb, f + P... When you do the input, what side are you facing on, 1p or 2p???

either, i almost always get a fireball unless i do a full 360

You can cut the 360 down to just hcb uf+P, I've had a lot more success using that input because it actually allows the move to come out consecutively instead of a random fireball being thrown out, I dunno what SNKP did to make hcb f+P input so funky tho'.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
crouching b plus far A is a very interesting chain, I was pwning today with that and connect it with her DM grab (and lol, I got 2002 hits today! it's cool because maybe in 10 more years I will see it again)

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »
Yeah I was wondering if there was some algorithm for that DM... I've only got the 2k hits twice since playing 2k2UM...

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
that 2002 hits comes a lot actually specially if your Xiangfei have less than 10% left while the other character have 50+%

I'm planning to make a video about Xiangfei
there are many things people dont know about her
as for me she is the fastest and strongest In my team (Hinaku, Xiangfei and Bao) and I know how to abuse her tiny hit box against all characters

KOF 02UM: ON| Yamazaky96 VS Ahmadi
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:36:16 PM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:54 AM »
Nice gameplay there!!!

I noticed you did more pokes than relying heavily on her projectile... I know over here, people have a hard time dealing with her fireball, and end up attacking in negative frames...

I liked how you used her (f+D) to connect with the fireball, even though it didn't all connect with the original hit, and instead made a 2 hit combo. I'm assuming it was an intentional delay to catch the opponent off guard???

Nice use of her normal attacks in the air. You controlled spacing with Xiangfei the majority of the match...

I was hoping to see a frame trap with Xiangfei's HSDM, but you didn't hit the red with her. Good showing!!!

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 02:58:46 PM »

that was  ;fd ;b
it doesnt connect as a combo but it hits low while the starting frames seems more like  ;fd ;a so the opponent may try to stand and block.

I dont usually use the HSDM ... but doing it after an over head will give you a good chance to hit specially if u use the  ;a ;c version

I will share some of my tricks here
for frame traps
- hob  ;uf  ;b;dn  ;a;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b  > ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b will connect most of the time since  ;dn ;a give you frame advantage.

-  whiffing ;fd ;a while the opponent on the ground will make him want to punish you so  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2  ;b will surprise him if you did it right.

-  doing  ;a ;c >   ;bk ;df  ;c on block > then delaying   ;bk  ;c as much as you can will also hit if he tries to move and it will be safe on block since he will be far from Xiangfei, or you can walk and normal/ command/ Super  grab while he is waiting for the 3rd hit.

speaking of super grab:
you can cancel the over head  ;fd ;a into a super grab (if he is blocking low) by ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2  ;b ;c but it will take 2 meters
same can be done with  ;fd ;b (if blocking while standing)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 03:07:46 AM »
How do you handle Xiangfei vs Nameless matchups???

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 10:08:22 AM »
How do you handle Xiangfei vs Nameless matchups???

- avoid jumping when he have meter and keep your distance using her fire ball and hob  ;uf ;c once he leaves the ground since Nameless players always jump  ;c when they cant reach you

- stand  ;d can also stop nameless from jumping

- If you can use her counters  ;a  ;fd against nameless  ;fd ;a  and  ;a ;up against his high jump attacks it will be great, however even if you miss the medium hit counter your stand  ;a will trade hits...!

-  ;fd   ;dn ;df  ;d is invincible so use it if you are cornered but it's risky

- you can always neutral  ;up  ;b far from nameless so if he use his  ;fd ;a you will get to combo out of it

generally dont rush and try to control the space between Xiangfei and nameless....  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:18:54 AM by yamazaky96 »

Crazy Li

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:00 AM »
I've just gotta know how you're supposed to do Ei Sake... I've never been able to figure it out.

LP+direction during an attack just doesn't make any sense to me :/ do you hit the direction immediately after? What sort of timing do you need in relation to the attack coming out? It's a lot harder than regular counters that need to be done before the attack comes out... it seems every time I hit LP, she tries to do her LP and the direction press is ignored. Or at best if I try to do mid, she does her f+A command move instead of A+f >.<

How does this move work?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 04:19:11 AM »
I've just gotta know how you're supposed to do Ei Sake... I've never been able to figure it out.

LP+direction during an attack just doesn't make any sense to me :/ do you hit the direction immediately after? What sort of timing do you need in relation to the attack coming out? It's a lot harder than regular counters that need to be done before the attack comes out... it seems every time I hit LP, she tries to do her LP and the direction press is ignored. Or at best if I try to do mid, she does her f+A command move instead of A+f >.<

How does this move work?

Yeah, that move is awkward. You hit the direction after the button. The counter comes out when the attack is actually in a certain range near her when you do the LP then up, forward or down.

In this video (that is linked on her wiki) shows a demonstration of the move. There is a couple of failed attempts by the player but he gets the hang of it after a while.

https://youtu.be/beX244TRKDs?t=10m5s
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Crazy Li

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »

How does this move work?

Yeah, that move is awkward. You hit the direction after the button. The counter comes out when the attack is actually in a certain range near her when you do the LP then up, forward or down.

In this video (that is linked on her wiki) shows a demonstration of the move. There is a couple of failed attempts by the player but he gets the hang of it after a while.

https://youtu.be/beX244TRKDs?t=10m5s

I actually watched that, but it didn't really help me understand the timing any. I was hoping someone with experience playing her could explain it (maybe if I understood Japanese, the video explained it too, but I don't :x)

If I just spam the input just outside attack range while the CPU is set to attack over and over again, it will eventually trigger, but I can't figure out how to do it on purpose... and I've never gotten it to work when close enough to be hit. I either get hit or on rare occasion do her stand A and trade hits (or interrupt the attack). It never seems to trigger the counter when actually being in range to attack. Obviously I understand nothing of the timing.