Author Topic: Timing of Normals  (Read 2072 times)

beefforyou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Timing of Normals
« on: October 26, 2013, 04:44:20 AM »
Hello,

I had a question regarding the timing of normals going into a combo. The combo I'm trying to learn right now (with Kyo) is:

cr.;b(1-2), s.;b, dp.;c(1), (DC) qcf ;d, qcb~hcf ;c

What happens is that when I do the cr.;b twice and the st.;b, I end up too far away to hit with the dp. ;c . I noticed while watching one of Juicebox's videos that if you time it right' you end up close enough to continue the combo. Also, sometimes when I try to go from a normal to a special, it won't be a combo. How do I figure out these timings?

Thanks, beefforyou
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:48:20 AM by beefforyou »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Timing of Normals
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
I think it's because you're delaying the cr.B, you end up further and miss the combo. If you mash those and chain cancel them ASAP you will be close enough for it to work.

Anyway in my opinion you have a better time to end up with qcb.B, because you can't confirm the DP if the s.B hits, while with a well delayed d.B,d.B,s.B,qcf.B you end up too far for being punished by most throws, and at s.C range. You can always confirm with the orochi EX too.

Even if you deal less dmg with a raw qcf.B you keep a very strong pressure and momentum.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

beefforyou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Timing of Normals
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
Huh, I've been able to confirm the DP after s.B. Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll give mashing a shot.