Author Topic: Finding a Team  (Read 2504 times)

beefforyou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Finding a Team
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:41:10 AM »
I've been trying to find a team to stick to. Initially, I was going to go with Kyo, Shen, and Iori. However, I started playing some EX Kyo, who I chose because I heard he has very good pressure and I find him pretty fun to play. However, this leaves me with EX Kyo, Shen and Iori, none of which have good zoning options. What would be a good alternative to Kyo that I could zone with, and should I replace Shen or Iori with him/her?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Finding a Team
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:30:05 AM »
I would strongly suggest playing all the characters you want or interest you at first. Play against different people, test their special moves and normals, find which of their combos you can execute easier, and place them at different spots on the team. When you play against different players, you'll start to narrow down the characters you feel more strongest with, then you'll build a strong team or set of characters.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »
I agree. I would suggest not to stratigize on who you pick just stick to those who interest you then separate who's able to do what and who covers what part of the screen

beefforyou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:17 AM »
Thank you for the advice.

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:08:24 AM »
The thing is that EX Kyo actually zones pretty well with his rekkas, just different that say like, Ryu or Guile in SF4. I suggest you avoid a strictly zoning style in KOF until you can learn how to create a solid offense, as that's generally more rewarding in this game. However, everyone with a fireball, with maybe the exception of Kyo, Terry, and Takuma, are pretty good projectile zoners. Daimon and Maxima are also decent zoners, again by using giant hitbox moves compared to projectiles. But like the others said, just pick a char you think looks cool. It'll be fine.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz