Linked Events

• Final Round XVII: March 14, 2014 - March 16, 2014

Author Topic: [MARCH 14-16, 2014] ATLANTA, GA "FINAL ROUND XVII" DA TRADITION CONTINUES!  (Read 3081 times)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Copy & pasted

"FINAL ROUND LLC proudly presents:

FINAL ROUND 17

Date/Location:

March 14-16, 2014

Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354
Tel: (404) 767-9000

Hello everyone we are back at it again for a 17th year and we can not wait! There's less than 5 months until FINAL ROUND XVII so the event will be here before you know it. Of course I personally would like to thank everyone in the FGC and the sponsors that have supported FINAL ROUND throughout the years because without you guys there wouldn't be any FINAL ROUND or scene! This years event will be held on St Patrick day weekend so you're in for a wild weekend of gaming! Online Registration for your games are up now and we are running an early bird registration special right now so get it while you can! We recommend you to register online as soon as possible to take advantage of the "Early Bird" special! You will receive a discount on the badge price based on the schedule below:

◦ $30 Player Badge if you register BEFORE November 28, 2013
◦ $40 Player Badge if you register BEFORE March 2, 2014
◦ $50 Player Badge Emergency Registration at the door unofficially on:

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 5:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST
and officially on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 8:00 AM EST to 12:00 NOON EST

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!
$20 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 12 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $10 for those that miss place your badge during the event, but you must show PROOF OF PURCHASE to receive the lost badge fee. If you can not show proof of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $50 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/exhibition/side tournament at FR17 you must get a players badge to compete.

Nobody wants to be in that long line on Friday anyways so please register as soon as you can to make sure you're entered into the game you wish to compete in at FR17 at the following link:

http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

To reserve a hotel room please call the hotel at 404-767-9000 and ask for the final round 17 group rate. It's the double bed room for $93 until rooms run out. They will not charge your card until you check in so don't miss out on getting your room today! Online reservation page is still under construction, but as soon as it's ready I will post the link. Don't call the 1-800 number on the national website because they will not know about the fr group rate.

Here's the list of the following games that are on the official tournament line up:

Games:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) - $10
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) - $10
Super Street Fighter IV: AE v2012 (360) - $10
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $10
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - $10
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360) - $10
Killer Instinct (XB1) - $10
King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - $10
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) - $10
Street Fighter x Tekken v2013 (360) - $10

All team/side events will be must held on Friday March 14 as this is the only day we have available to run them in a timely manner. All team/exhibitions/side events must get approved by ME to be ran at FR17 period! Side events will be ran by the communities that requested their game to be played at FR17.

Team/exhibitions/side events that are confirmed as of now are as followed:

Of course we are going to bring back the popular series "CURLEY MUSTACHE BATTLE ROYALE" 5v5 team Regional tournament. The hype of FR + CM is too powerful and I know there will be more regions/teams allowed this year! More details coming soon for this instant classic!

VF5US
Melty Blood
SoulCaliburV
GGXXACR
ST - in the arcade room
3S - in the arcade room

We will have a BYOC room for people to play casuals during the event that spectators can play also. We will also have a FINAL ROUND Arcade thanks to Tony Majors. The same guy who brought the arcade to TFC is packing up his gear and driving to the ATL so everyone can enjoy the old school root on which this community was built! Here's a small list of games that will be at FR17:

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo - on h2h Japanese cabinets
Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - on h2h Japanese cabinets
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - on American stand up cab with Sanwa parts
Capcom VS SNK 2 - Japanese cab
Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Japanese cab
Samurai Showdow 2 - American stand up cab Japanese parts
Double Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and many more. I don't want people to forget the origins of the FGC so having some type of link to the past is important to me and the arcade is where this community came from. Spectators can play casuals in the arcade.

We will have multiple streams for FR17 for those that can not attend FR17 to get a small taste of the event. We are glad to have the following streamers for FR17:

Stream #1= Team Spooky - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
Stream #2= FunkyP - http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
Anime = http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive
Injustice/MK stream = Kombatnetwork - http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

So with FR17 less than 5 months away there will be qualifiers around the USA and the World coming soon so please stay tuned for more details as they come available. So who is ready for the Tradition that is FR17? I know I am! Also in the memory of Richard "WingZero" Warren his picture will be on the back of each badge in his honor."

Additional note: Going to try & get a 2v2 team event going for this as well since this is the biggest US KOFXIII tournament outside of EVO and maybe SoCal Regionals. Also if you guys want a Regional event or a State Vs. State event please let me know so I can plan for it WAYY in advance.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:29:19 AM by solidshark »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Sixfortyfive

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Final Round 17 tournament matches:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9U-0qhhKMjxGm6Ps0BKeRDyGXdW6_AZq

Send any constructive criticism my way if you've got some, particularly if you were at the event. (PMs preferred; I doubt I'll be checking back on this thread frequently.) If there's anything about the experience you found sub-optimal then I'd like to be able to address it for the future if possible.