Author Topic: Steam version run well on low-end pcs?  (Read 2361 times)

PoombyBear

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Steam version run well on low-end pcs?
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:52:41 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm a scrubby 360 Street Fighter player wanting to dip my toes into this game (made an intro on Meet & Greet).  I hear the PC version is the best version to pick up, but I unfortunately only have a crappy laptop from 2009 at the moment. As a frame of reference, it can play Counterstrike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and Killing Floor pretty well, but not Counterstrike: GO or Civilization 5... I have 4 gigs of ram, a dual core processor at 2.13ghz, and a crappy, obscure graphics card (NVidia Geforce 110M). My apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I appreciate any answers and hope I can try out this beautiful game.

I have already used systemrequirementslab.com (can you run it). It says that my graphics card can't run it at the minimum requirements, but I think it's worth asking on here, since that website has proven to be inaccurate for me in the past.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Steam version run well on low-end pcs?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:19:16 AM »
Hey man, welcome to the forums. How much video ram does your graphics card have?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

PoombyBear

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »
Thank for the reply!

It has 256 MB.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »
Thank for the reply!

It has 256 MB.

Yeah, that's kinda low, it probably wont run it well. Your RAM, and CPU seems okay but I would try to get a stronger gfx card. Is it possible for you to install a different one or is it stuck on your laptop?

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

PoombyBear

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
I'm afraid not, I'm stuck with this graphics card.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a new laptop by the end of the year, but for now I'm considering purchasing the 360 version.