Author Topic: King (Arcade Version)  (Read 32794 times)

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: King
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
A much simpler question after all this discussion, but I'm having trouble consistently comboing jump-ins into standing attacks. It seems like hitting around their thighs works most, but even that seems to only have around a 50/50 chance. Other times it seems to be about the stomach height that works most. Obviously hitting deep usually works, but in this case it's not such a certain thing, and I've comboed after hitting pretty shallow. So I guess the question is, what the heck? I don't think I've had this much trouble with this basic kind of thing in any other fighting game, possibly even other KOFs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:33:42 PM by Tropxe »
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
A much simpler question after all this discussion, but I'm having trouble consistently comboing jump-ins into standing attacks. It seems like hitting around their thighs works most, but even that seems to only have around a 50/50 chance for. Other times it seems to be about the stomach height that works most. Obviously hitting deep usually works, but in this case it's not such a certain thing, and I've comboed after hitting pretty shallow. So I guess the quest is, what the heck? I don't think I've had this much trouble with this basic kind of thing in any other fighting game, possibly even other KOFs.

From what I understand they made it tougher to combo of jumpins in the console version of XIII. So yeah, you have to land your hit real deep to be able to combo.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:33:26 PM by Diavle »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »
A much simpler question after all this discussion, but I'm having trouble consistently comboing jump-ins into standing attacks. It seems like hitting around their thighs works most, but even that seems to only have around a 50/50 chance. Other times it seems to be about the stomach height that works most. Obviously hitting deep usually works, but in this case it's not such a certain thing, and I've comboed after hitting pretty shallow. So I guess the question is, what the heck? I don't think I've had this much trouble with this basic kind of thing in any other fighting game, possibly even other KOFs.

Ways to land jump-ins more consistently with King+random notes:

***You're probably trying to combo into something like cl.D after you land a jump-in. Use cl.C instead. It's 3-4 frames faster and combos off even those really high jump-ins sometimes (due to its speed). I've started using it more and it works beautifully. If you're too far for cl.C use st.B->df+D.***

-Generally speaking, you have to hit at least shoulder height if you want to combo into anything. Higher than that...all you get is frame advantage -> something.

-Use j.C and j.D to start combos during hop pressure. j.C has shorter range than D, but she extends her hurtbox out less, so you beat things more and trade less. j.D has better horizontal range though, so things like j.D, st.B, df+D are better from farther away.

-j.A doesn't have as much hitstun as the aforementioned, it's pretty useless imo. j.B is for air-to-air so don't bother with it.

Beyond this stuff, it could be just timing/speed. Keep at it man.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:16:29 PM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the tips and advice, guys.
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
So has anyone come up with any mix-ups off her corner throw? It having hard knockdown and all. So far I've just got her safe jump down. I really want some help with her mix-up game though.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »
You cant really mix-up from her throw in the corner. Just do standard KOF knockdown stuff. You can't cross them up, and King has no overheads; mix-up is not exactly an area she excels in. I'd advise walking back and shooting a meaty Venom shot to restart pressure.
Iori:

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:17 PM »
If you need an example of what to do with King when you have the opponent in the corner, just watch the Answer's match against Banana Ken in Top 4 at NEC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2011, 03:49:28 AM »
It was so awesome to watch a high level King in action. She's my main...so I'm always looking for styles to draw from to further my game. His corner pressure was so on point. Didn't he OCV Bananaken with King at one point? Crazy!
Iori:

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2011, 05:06:58 AM »
It was so awesome to watch a high level King in action. She's my main...so I'm always looking for styles to draw from to further my game. His corner pressure was so on point. Didn't he OCV Bananaken with King at one point? Crazy!

Yeah, game 2, just went out and wrecked him hard.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: King (Arcade Version)
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 11:31:56 AM »
can u guys link the top4 where answer plaied king ? or tell me where i can find it ?
thanks in advice

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
http://ja.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/301709748

starts at 1:25:00 gotcha from video thread ;)

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »

Absolute beast! Time to step our game up guys.
Iori:

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »

grazie
che devastazione theanswer

what a blast. didnt know theanswer was using king

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »
yeah i like it too... i sense a little too much hurricane ex spam isn't it? imho indeed (occasionally he catch the jump to runaway the opponent with that, but it really the rest is a the exact way how the king have to be played... personally (of course, i main her too and my friends already hate me XD) i only lack an OVERHEAD... with that imho she will be really good (note i didn't ask for a command throw like into the ninety eheh) when i'm close, for mixup, i have to do neutral hyper hop C for enter in enemy defence when he know how good the low hitbox of st.B is (and follow with cr.C, df.D combo).

off topic:
saiki seems a BEAST :\ really afraid of him.