Author Topic: New player feeling overwhelmed by my opponent's offence  (Read 2021 times)

JupiterJazz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New player feeling overwhelmed by my opponent's offence
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:52:56 PM »
Hey guys, I'm a new player and I've been playing this game for about a week now. Right now I think my biggest problem is that I cant really defend myself well against most opponents. It seems that every round I end up in the corner eating mixup after mixup until I'm dead.

I can only play for about an hour and a half every day but I record the footage so I can ask questions about my play. Here's my latest session https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFrjnS9p6U.

Do you guys agree that my defense is my biggest weakness right now? If so how should I practice to get better at it? And If I'm wrong about my weaknesses then what should I be working on?

Thanks for any help folks I really appreciate it.

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: New player feeling overwhelmed by my opponent's offence
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:01:07 PM »
One simple tip that might help you be more calm on defense is to just always block low by default. You can see most hops and overheads coming and block them on reaction.

Also, try to be more active with your movement. This isn't a game where you try to maintain a specific spacing for a long time, KOF13 is a game of high mobility and situations that last an instant and then the players are elsewhere already. You should also try to maintain control of your own airspace more with short hops, so people can't just hop in on your face when you do the opening trigger 100% of the time (which you shouldn't)