Author Topic: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead  (Read 30376 times)

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 11:37:51 PM »
SRK's article on 20 years of KOF - http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/16/long-live-the-king-20-years-of-king-of-fighters/

I was gonna post this too, then I forgot my username & had to wait. A very GOOD and REAL read that fans of any KOF game can appreciate.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
I'm surprised SNKP hasn't said anything regarding KOF's 20th anniv. That isn't to say nothing is being done, I'm just rather surprised tis all...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:09 AM »
The only thing they have really done is just place their mobile games on sale, I think.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 07:39:44 AM »
They are putting 98um-fe on steam later this year, aren't they? That's pretty good imo. We could get something actually new, but atleast we get something that's probably new to most of us. I just tried some 98 on ggpo yesterday, i got my ass handed to me but if i could get into training mode and actually learn a few things i could get into it. Ofcourse, i could just learn the hard way, but for times sake i'd rather not. I hope 98um-fe has a training mode.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »
Yo! Why is this thread unstickied?

SRK's article on 20 years of KOF - http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/16/long-live-the-king-20-years-of-king-of-fighters/

Nice read. It's the entire truth about the KOF series rolled up into one article.

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »
I dunno about that tier list.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
I dunno about that tier list.

Of course you are. Because it's HIS tier list, not yours nor speaking or representing anyone else.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 03:44:59 AM »
I'm not allowed to dispute it? I mean, there are quite a few things I'd question about that tier list with the placement of a few characters that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

But then again, I don't really care about KOFXIII at all anymore. I think the game is done.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:55:10 AM by Running Wild »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 05:59:57 AM »
Make your own list. Whats the point of disputing someone else's opinion based on their own experiences?

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »
I'm not allowed to dispute it? I mean, there are quite a few things I'd question about that tier list with the placement of a few characters that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

But then again, I don't really care about KOFXIII at all anymore. I think the game is done.

In regards to questions why not ask him on his twitter which is linked on the post about certain placement characters & why they are placed there. Also if you don't care about XIII then why even voice your opinion replying to it? That's negativity being spread unnecessarily.
-Anony on Sankaku

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
Since that list was made public it is open to be mocked, praised and discussed by anyone who wishes to do so. Whether it is based on his opinion/experience or "fact" does not matter, it can still be critized.

That tier list doesn't make much sense to me either, i see characters obviously lacking tools on the well rounded end and other questionable things.. The top and the bottom is pretty much what you can expect i suppose but the middle is where it gets confusing. This game is a hard game to make tier lists for imo because we don't go the "easy" route of doing matchup charts.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
Since that list was made public it is open to be mocked, praised and discussed by anyone who wishes to do so. Whether it is based on his opinion/experience or "fact" does not matter, it can still be critized.

If so, why not make your own list and compare it to his based on your own experiences?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
Alright, here's my tier list -

The top tiers in this game are pretty obvious, that will never change. EX Iori and Mr.Karate are without a doubt the two best characters in the game, pay to win, DLC pain train. I think Kim and EX Kyo are just right under them, Kim is a really stupid anchor character with all the meter, and EX Kyo imo is one of the best point characters in the game, he does almost everything, hell you could put him almost anywhere and he'd do his job well. I mean it's Kyo, what do you expect? As for Claw Iori, despite EX Iori being the more popular choice of Iori, you can't discredit Claw Iori's comeback potential. He's dangerous. I think as an anchor character, he easily rivals Kim.

Benimaru I feel is a really good competitive character with straight forward easy damage output, with probably one of the dumbest j.D's in the game. Shen Woo is the original anchor King in the game, he ain't going anywhere. Hwa Jai? He drinks himself to victory, very easy damage output, and some pretty good normals to go with it. Then there's Takuma... like Iori, his DLC counterpart is more widely used, but regular ol' Takuma is so dominate once he scores a clean hit. He was one of the best characters in the arcade edition, and I think he still is really damn good, despite how much play Mr.Karate gets over him.

When it comes to point characters, King, Duo Lon and Mature are very dominate from what I've observed. King has some of the best zoning in the game imo, Duo Lon is really good at being able to play offensively from different ranges with lots of different setups he has, and Mature's ability to frame trap and pressure her opponents is just really scary. I think Yuri is another very strong anchor character with very easy damage output and very good offensive pressure and mix ups.

I feel Chin has some faults, but his damage potential is too good, and he's proven to be a strongly competitive character, although sometimes I feel like alot of people out there still don't know how to really deal with him. I've yet to understand how to deal with Chin... in any KOF game.

All the characters in A I think are pretty solid and are pretty competitive for the most part, but I don't think Regular Kyo is anywhere near as good as EX Kyo, EX Kyo has all the bells and whistles. Most of the characters in B I feel like can only get by with gimmicks and they aren't consistent enough with getting respectable damage, or in some cases just have really low damage output, and have to spend alot more meter to get reasonable damage. Then there's Maxima... he can do damage, but he has so much trouble opening opponents up.

As for C... well I think all these characters are mostly Crap. But it's not their fault. It's just KOFXIII isn't a good game for them. Alot of characters are either missing moves, have shitty hitboxes, damage is low, damage scaling is really bad for them. You know how it is. I feel the worst for Betty though.

Feel free to rip my shitty tier list for this shitty game to bits though.  ;)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:06 AM »
Is your tier list based on just your own experience or with outside factors like tournament footage, combo videos, tutorials, etc.?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995