Author Topic: Hello,another new member  (Read 1869 times)

NipponIchi!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello,another new member
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:28:50 PM »
I got myself KoFXIII some months ago and at first I found it really confusing with all the cancels and the meter management.It was pretty overwhelming.I also had no one introduce me to the KoF games so I'm going into this completely alone.
I've been playing video games since I was 8 but I had been avoiding 2d fighters until a few years ago cause I always found 3d fighters fancier,oh well.Regardless I've been pretty casual with 2d fighters and it's only now I'm really starting to get interested in them.It took me a while to decide on the game I'd like to perhaps take more seriously and somehow I ended up deciding on giving KoFXIII a shot,maybe cause the community seemed nicer?I'm not sure.

I've had a few matches online(about 40 in total) so far and I've gotten destroyed most of the time but I try not to let it discourage me cause it's part of the learning experience.It's true that the PS3 version makes everything more difficult online and I've been considering purchasing the steam version too but I'd hate to buy it full price since I already have it.I mostly consider it for the online gameplay as I've heard it's an improvement over the PS3 version.

I haven't decided on a team yet,but I've had Mai since the beginning and Andy I decided to include along the way.Right now I'm trying out King cause she seems to make the online matches somewhat easier but I'd be really interested in learning K' and trying out more characters along the way.

Sorry for my long post and thanks for having me here.

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello,another new member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »
Welcome! From your other posts, I can see you're in Europe too. Try getting the Steam version, most of the people migrated with their online fights there, and online on the console version is pretty bad anyway...

NipponIchi!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello,another new member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »
Welcome! From your other posts, I can see you're in Europe too. Try getting the Steam version, most of the people migrated with their online fights there, and online on the console version is pretty bad anyway...
Yeah I've heard so.It's just that I'd hate to pay for the steam version around 28euro so I'm waiting for maybe a sale or something and of course I need monies(that i don't have at the moment).I'm really considering buying it on steam only because I wanna be able to have decent matches online and I assume there are many more people to play against on this version.And yeah,I'm from Europe.Thanks for the welcome.