Author Topic: Greetings from Texas DC  (Read 2260 times)

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Greetings from Texas DC
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
Finally had a chance to play the game at Arcade UFO here in Austin and it was a blast.  I'm pretty new to KOF outside of some casuals with some friends on the PS2 version of 2002 that I bought to support the game and FG community back in the day.  Only complaint was that it was CvS 1 style buttons instead of the 4 straight across like an old Neo Geo machine. Hopefully I can play more in the future and improve my abilities.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Texas DC
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
It's great to hear that machine at Arcade UFO is actually seeing some use! I so rarely hear of it!

Welcome to DC, and I hope you can learn a lot here.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
Welcome to the Dream Cancel family!

I visited Arcade UFO over Labor Day and also found the button layout challenging. I've tried to move to the 2-over-2 layout but the classic keeps bringing me back in.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »
Finally had a chance to play the game at Arcade UFO here in Austin and it was a blast.  I'm pretty new to KOF outside of some casuals with some friends on the PS2 version of 2002 that I bought to support the game and FG community back in the day.  Only complaint was that it was CvS 1 style buttons instead of the 4 straight across like an old Neo Geo machine. Hopefully I can play more in the future and improve my abilities.

Welcome to DC! You can probably ask the arcade owner nicely to have the option to choose the different button settings (unless it's physically not possible due to lack of buttons). Glad we have another report from Arcade UFO and hope to hear more from you in the future.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »
When I was there, the panel only seemed to have spaces for 4 buttons in the 2 over 2 layout.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 07:24:16 AM »
When I was there, the panel only seemed to have spaces for 4 buttons in the 2 over 2 layout.

Poor oversight if you ask me.  What if the only thing that was holding the Arcade UFO from gaining 6-8 new players was the button layout?