Author Topic: Kim Kaphwan (Arcade Version)  (Read 34314 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Kaphwan
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »
thanx a lot for testing it out for me. im pretty sure ive already seen his ff+A, ex QCB+BD, ff+A combo in some vids already. the player was using that combo to get the opponent into the corner. anyway its a shame the hangetsuzan isnt fast enough to juggle after the air QCB+BD.

im gonna hit you guys with another question. after his ff+A move, QCB combos, but does QCF also combo? and if it does, is it dc able? something like ff+A, QCF+B or D (with ex BD you be able to juggle in the corner i believe, this was also possible with the way this move worked before in older kofs). also does his ff+A count as an air move? (if it does, ex dm and nm shouldnt be possible off it, and he does air moves after it, so im assuming its an airmove).

this does make kim a lil limited in his combos, which is a shame but not all that bad imo.

so the easiest combos that should normally be possible for kim:

ff+A, QCB+BD, ff+A, QCB+BD, d-u+B cancel into NM.

ff+A, QCB+BD, ff+A, QCB+BD, d-u+D, (dc, is this also possible AFTER his hienzan D version finisher?)) QCB+BD, with this combo, you should be high enough for the hangetsuzan to connect, so a B or prefferably D version QCB from ground. d-u+B (dc) EX dm.

if his air QCF+ B or D can be dc into air QCB+BD that adds even more possibileties. but it might be too much for you guys to remember. if you guys can tell me if it works or not ill know enough for now.

anyway big thanx for rex. thanx in advance for anybody willing to try this what ive posted now, thanx.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
I think I tried using qcf+K once after f,f+A but didn't connect. It might just be because I wasn't fast enough though. On the other hand, I think it would probably be possible for it to work in the corner.

Also, technically yeah. f,f+A should probably count as an aerial move as the only moves you're able to connect afterwards are aerial specials. Considering he has three available aerial moves, that shouldn't really be a problem.

I don't think this limits Kim's combos though. If anything, f,f+A actually adds to his combos. Back in the day, the only reliable combo I could use was d+B, d+A, u+P/K. Nowadays, you could do d+B (2x), s. B, f,f+A > aerial.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:19 AM »
Apparently, Elisabeth can command grab Kim out of his ground Hangetsuzan. Happened to me twice. Dunno if it works with other command grabs though.

Also, while EX Ground Hangetsuzan passes through projectiles, Kim's own Hienzan outprioritizes it.

Man, I had lots of bad luck with Kim yesterday...

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 03:05:02 AM »
Well if its a one
Apparently, Elisabeth can command grab Kim out of his ground Hangetsuzan. Happened to me twice. Dunno if it works with other command grabs though.

Also, while EX Ground Hangetsuzan passes through projectiles, Kim's own Hienzan outprioritizes it.

well if its a frame grab its very possible, I've punished it with kyo's ex super and that's one frame
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:31:52 AM »

Do you mean after they block? If so you probably need to work on the spacing you're doing it from.

I do know that during the middle of the move it avoids low attacks like d.B's

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 03:39:07 AM »
Do you mean after they block?

No. It's during the move.

well if its a frame grab its very possible, I've punished it with kyo's ex super and that's one frame

Probably. It's Elisabeth's Mistral though. Probably useful to note that maybe even Super Argentine Backbreaker can do this too.
The thing is that, despite how ground Hangetsuzan looks, it still considers Kim to be on the ground.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:47:06 AM by Aenthin »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 05:55:29 AM »
No. It's during the move.

Probably. It's Elisabeth's Mistral though. Probably useful to note that maybe even Super Argentine Backbreaker can do this too.

The thing is that, despite how ground Hangetsuzan looks, it still considers Kim to be on the ground.

Hmm useful information as Kim is a biatch to fight if you don't know his recovery on his specials.  As for the move being a ground move, that's exactly how Chin's df+D overhead is like as well (shhhh...) =)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:14 PM »
any new info or cobos you ai guys wanna share? since mr kof also started maining kim, who knows, we might find something new and useful.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 05:12:48 PM »
was watching those ustream vids (mainly ff to skipp the less interresting chars) and somethign about kim confirmed.

when comboing into his  ;fd ;fd ;a move, you can cancel and combo into his  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d move om the corner, whats more after the last hit of his  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d you can add another air  ;d after it. this probably means you can dc cancel the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d into ex   ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d or  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d for some crazy combos, or better yet do the air  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d, aqdd the last air  ;d (which should reset them) and combo on into his air  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d or  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d if its possible to hit this. could be especially useful when in hd mode, this way you get to add the extra damage from the air  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or  ;d before using the  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d (which does cost more because of hd cancelling, but the added damage could be more useful than juggling his ground  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d move into his dp.

really nice to see it being used finally, a home port is needed asap.

edit: also fucking loving those nm punishes and combos into them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:16:09 PM by MUSOLINI »

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
Can someone list his damaging bread and butter combos  for versus?    Is there any KO combo for Kim as well?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
Can someone list his damaging bread and butter combos  for versus?    Is there any KO combo for Kim as well?

I don't think Kim has any 100%s yet. His damaging DMs are all ranbus, so they suffer from damage scaling in a big way.

As for bnbs, Kim has so many options it's ridiculous. Here are the two starters I use a lot.

From weak hits:

cr.  ;b x 1~2 -> [cr. ;a  OR  st.  ;b] ->  ;fd ;fd ;a -> follow-up

Follow-ups include:  (air) ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b (meterless), (air) ;dn ;df ;fd;b;d (corner), or air Hou'Kyaku ( ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd;b / ;d). Or EX versions for added craziness.

From strong hits:

j. X -> [st. ;c  OR  st. ;d  OR  cr. ;c] ->  ;dn ;db ;bk;d -> Drive-/ Super-Cancel follow-up

Follow-ups:  ;dn;up;d;dn + ;d (meterless), ;dn;up;d -> Drive Cancel  (air) ;dn ;db ;bk;b ;d  -> juggle follow-up (50% more drive, one more meter);  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 +  ;b / ;d ->  ;fd ;fd + ;a -> follow-up (see above)

Unfortunately, I don't know exact damage numbers. Kim really does need meter/bar to do the big damage, though. He's similar to Kyo in that way. For pressuring a defensive opponent when I have no meter, I tend to abuse  ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b, which is really hard to punish without an EX.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that ;fd ;fd + ;a will miss crouching opponents.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:49:35 PM by Rex Dart »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »
 ;dn ;df ;fd x2 ;k to  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;k.

This is a simple combo I always do in the previous KOF games (the ones that allow me to do this combo, of course). It is quick and simple, generally does good damage and is a good crowdpleaser. Is this a good combo to use in this game?

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »
It still works. Effectiveness wise, I dunno, but it still works. It's just that you could add another ;fd ;fd ;a in between. xD

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 06:38:06 AM »
It still works. Effectiveness wise, I dunno, but it still works. It's just that you could add another ;fd ;fd ;a in between. xD

What's that do again?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »

What's that do again?

It's the new(?) command attack that makes him fly horizontally across the screen.