Author Topic: Front page question about comments  (Read 3375 times)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Front page question about comments
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
Not sure if this is a big deal, but i am always hesitant to comment on front page articles because it makes you fill out fields. I understand if i was not a DC member why this is something appropriate. And i also think it would be sad to see if all the comments were just a bunch of trolling like at SRK. But i was wondering if anyway currently logged in members of DC could bypass the filling in of name and email fields to make comments. Maybe not a big deal to everyone else though, just wondering.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Front page question about comments
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
SMF (the forum software) can play nice with Wordpress, under certain circumstances. Basically, Wordpress and SM have to be installed in the same directory, which is not the case with Dream Cancel. If they are in the same directory, there are plug ins which allow member information to be shared between the applications. I've spent quite some time trying to find a work around to no avail. The next few weeks at work will be a bit more relaxed, so I should have some extra time to devote to finding a solution.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:29:59 AM »
Thanks for bringing this up! I had to dig through 22 pages of forum over at the official SMF page, but I found a simple solution. This is now implemented!

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:32 AM »
Lol cool : ) I was about to post if it is too complicated no need to bother as you have enough work to do.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:20:15 AM »
Just one more thing checked off on the list.