Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343348 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1230 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:17 PM »
And celebrations :)

I may take a look at the prerecorded footage, watching while it skips frames is no fun.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 26, 2016, 09:03:59 PM »
could these 4 months mean a stellar netcode right out of the box in the PS4 version?
Of course netcode can't be done in 4 months. That's something in what developers and all team work on from the very beginning of the project.
I don't know shit about video game development, but even then, I meant "refining the netcode", not "start work on it now" ^^; Especially after all the abysmal netcode experiences we had with the online mode in previous SNK games O_O

I'm surprised at the amount of Shun'Ei fanart I'm seeing around the net. He's one of my favorite characters so far, but I also admit he's overly stereotyped so I didn't expect him to be so popular. Besides, my guess was wrong: no dark flames for him :P (unless that rainbow energy burst counts for some weird kind of fire) I think it was wise of SNK to give the hero a different kind of power.

A question since I haven't had the opportunity to see the whole stream so far: are all the matches training sessions of sorts? Or is there some actual competition?
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 26, 2016, 09:36:56 PM »
@mickey: the first quarter is commentary and playtesting by them. The rest are matches between people at the event, of course some try some things out too but most play against eachother normal.

@thefluke: https://mobile.twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/725045098061377536?p=v Ryo may have the same kit but his moves have been enhanced as I thought. Not even the  ex version lol

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 27, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
I've noticed the there are 2 ways the background music is played, background and team. Neo Esaka stage should be the Tears remix but its not the same as we've seen in the famitsu stream with kyo. Also there's a reversal and a counter. Not sure what reversal does ? Or is it just a clean stuff?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 27, 2016, 01:01:13 AM »
@Custle: congrats, may you see many more

@TheGoodLoser: The BGMs are tied to the stages in this build. I went through the stream again and each time a particular stage came up, a particular song played in the background as well, regardless of character choices or order. I don't believe this will stay, but I don't mind either way really. It was just something I noticed. And on Kim, I've posted much earlier what I believe he can do with meter. I believe he's strong in XIV, but XIII gave him access to two ridiculous tools for meter (3 frame AA, and projectile invul approach which is safe on block), I understand that he gets access to more usage per meter, but I believe a part of what made him scary then was he could suddenly get in and pressure. While I believe he gets extra scary when he activates now the trade off is he needs to activate for those levels of bullying and he's now on a timer. But this is just my opinion of him (currently).

@Shiranui_Ninja: I wasn't actually suggesting Mai could follow up a musasabi no mai with cl.C into combo, I was saying in the corner it is plausible she can do a Ryuuenbu instead of cl.C and follow the Ryuuenbu with something (like an air throw). Whatever the situation it still hinges on two factors, 1) that she ends her rush with musasabi no mai, and 2) she hits the opponent low enough to follow up. If both conditions are met she may have a really nasty meterless corner combo. Also after viewing the stream again I saw Luong do st.A, cl.C (I think, it absolutely was not rush though) leading me to believe that there may be some "target combos" but as it wasn't listed in her move list, I was led further to believe that the movelists don't have everything that a character can do.

Lastly I don't wanna take up too much more space, so I'll just note that I just wrote a list of observations at SRK under the same name I use here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10762597/#Comment_10762597

Hope you guys find use out of what I noted. Feel free to correct me on any errors you see in my stream notes, I'll take a look later on tonight.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 27, 2016, 01:25:47 AM »
@ottomatic: what's gonna make Kim fierce is the fact that he loses his spontaneousness but therefore can pop max mode at just about anytime for anything (preemptive of course, not in action) its a different kind of playstyle of course but we will see it a lot.

The music as I've come to find out ,by someone who approved my post  i made on twitter and possible is responsible for the new arashi no saxophone, is that there are at least 2 options for music. Stage and team / character based. This version had the stage themes like in neo Esaka so saying that was not the case before was wrong of me. In the famitsu stream the first character to play had his or her teams theme play. Neo Esaka should be Japan's team theme, but instead we don't hear the tears remix but a more gentle stage theme, proving that either each team has 2 themes or the game differentiates between stage and team theme.

The trailer also has the tears version: http://youtu.be/c20M1gnuvJ0
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:30:59 AM by The Good Loser »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 27, 2016, 01:31:59 AM »
@thefluke: https://mobile.twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/725045098061377536?p=v Ryo may have the same kit but his moves have been enhanced as I thought. Not even the  ex version lol

I don't know what "visible stay frames" means. Care to elaborate a bit on the goodness?

I watched the archived video you linked in another post and it looks like Ryos fireballs seem to stay out for a little while but i wonder if it's mostly just a visual thing. Something important i caught though was that Ryo has his far D back wich means that his gameplan is going to change a lot from his 13 version. It might be fun to play with and unlike 98 it seems fairly fast but i'd actually consider it a nerf.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:43:54 AM by The Fluke »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41:10 AM »
@The fluke: Ryo is able to do another move while the fireball is  still active for a bit. He did it n stream twice once with cd and once with forward a. The fireball is stil in place and he can move a bit essentially.

@ottomatic: the colors give it away. If its red its lights / rush. If its yellow its heavy. Moves that aren't listed in the manuals are rush moves and ex DM's.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 27, 2016, 01:46:46 AM »
@The fluke: Ryo is able to do another move while the fireball is  still active for a bit. He did it n stream twice once with cd and once with forward a. The fireball is stil in place and he can move a bit essentially.
I see. That's going to be interesting. I suppose that it's a compensation for him kind of losing a key part of his offense in kof 13.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 27, 2016, 02:02:11 AM »
Same goes for almost all characters so far (the losing something and gaining something) . Interesting changes.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 27, 2016, 03:52:53 AM »
looks like the site is down due to re-branding and heavy traffic to the KOFXIV site.
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/725125260111126528

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 27, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »
I wonder does XIV have same solution as SFV with musics, that you could select either team themes or stage specific themes? I personally selected stage themes in SFV, because character themes were mostly forgetable or crappy re-arrangements, only themes for new character were good (I especially liked F.A.N.G.'s theme).

Or maybe there could be three options. Team themes, stage themes or B-side that has classic tunes from different eras.

Also, thanks in advance :) It isn't friday yet, but still, thank you.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 27, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »
Here's some new footage from the event at Esports Square:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5X7fCi4-s

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 27, 2016, 09:05:47 AM »
@Custle: I'd prefer if there were a Guilty Gear - esque option where you can select the music at the same time as the stage.

On other things: I regretfully retract my earlier statement about target combos. What I believed two attacks was just Luong's cl.C by itself. I still firmly stand by all my other observations until I see evidence to the contrary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5X7fCi4-s

Saw this one thanks to atryosakazaki on SRK. In this vid the major highlights to me were KOD's EX moves and the last match not having a second player, leaving Mai to do some training with an EX exhibition (I like the new EX kachosen in particular). Also they show Mai's meterless rush ending in musasabi no mai, so now the remaining question for that potential corner combo I mentioned is "How fast does she recover?"

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 27, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
@custle: I'm suspecting either those 3 options or or more.