Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343424 times)

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1290 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »
HB custle!

Streamings are fun, they are showing a lot of good stuff (that Famitsu terry combo looked great)
Still no Kensou ywy
I hate his hair, so I really need to see the rest.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 29, 2016, 10:27:45 PM »
Have a good one Custle & many great returns.

Stream starts in like 3 hours I think. I'm getting tired already.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 29, 2016, 10:42:17 PM »
Happy b-day Custle!

The stream starts at 9PM EST, so should be in a little over 4 hours.

The first 3 hours are supposed to be freeplay, the tournament starts after that. All will be streamed.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 30, 2016, 12:02:07 AM »
Starts 10 AM JST, which is in 3 hours. It'll be 3 am then fuuuq

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 30, 2016, 03:49:04 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
How adventurous people have been with their character picks? I peeked at the morning and it was pretty much old cast. As I'm writing this, someone picked Luong at least.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 30, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »
During the tourney it was mostly Kyos, and Ioris, then Kim, Robert, Ryo, and a few K's and Kulas for most of the players. I understand why they would use characters they're more used to but I'm still somewhat disappointed that there wasn't more variety.

On the upside Kyabetsu managed 3rd with Kula, Athena, Vice, with Iori and Nelson subs, and the star of his show was most certainly Athena .

@Shiranui_ninja: Good news for you, me, and anyone else interested in playing Mai. I saw someone playing Mai and they did her target combo, better yet (if my eyes weren't playing tricks on me) they canceled it to special. If you choose to watch for it it's during top 8, I don't remember the name of the Mai player, but he was fighting Kyabetsu and did Mai's target a few times during the matchs.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 30, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »
@Shiranui_ninja: Good news for you, me, and anyone else interested in playing Mai. I saw someone playing Mai and they did her target combo, better yet (if my eyes weren't playing tricks on me) they canceled it to special. If you choose to watch for it it's during top 8, I don't remember the name of the Mai player, but he was fighting Kyabetsu and did Mai's target a few times during the matchs.
YASS! I saw it. I'm glad she has her XIII target combo. Then she went into her Hisastu and canceled in the air into her DMMAX against Vice. It was pretty nice ^^
Here's the match, at the end of the video. Combo I say is about minute 23.34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADJuXHPjvrE

Gatoray upload all whole tournament and casuals.
https://www.youtube.com/user/KofTheMania/videos

Happy birthday Custle!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:55:34 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 30, 2016, 01:20:57 PM »
Luong was in grand finals so I gotta commend them for that. Ryo slapping the shit out if people. Athena was being Frieza. And the ending was epic too. Loved it. Wish someone would have picked Choi, I hate him but I'd  like to see other people struggle xD

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »
I just checked the movelists posted for the game and Ryo has the same moves as in 13 but with the changes to his fireballs and the addition of a far.D i'm thinking that he may be a lot worse in this game than in the previous one.

Kim seems to be roughly the same as kof 13. Rather boring really.

It's not really a problem though. They might be fun and there are ofcourse plenty of interesting characters to pick from if they aren't.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 30, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
Okay, I watched the final and few other matches

- I liked the carnival-like muisc is Iguazu Falls stage, that played during the final
- Very safe playing, no courage to try experiment with wall splat mechanic
- Musics in general sounded damn nice, I'll buy soundtrack when it is possible
- Luong seemed intresting, very elegant moves
- Athena's Psycho Ball was huge, but Robert's Ryuy-Geki Ken seemed smaller compared to trailer he was introduced
- Ryo's Ko-Ou Ken seemed weird, but I think it may opne few intresting possibilites.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 30, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »
In the video from 2 days ago. Mai done C+D wall splat followed by close C & the opposition didn't flip into the air so you can get a full combo from it. Might be rare in a proper match anyway but its nice to know you can do it.

The game can seem boring. That's because we are not sure on what works in the game and what doesn't. also We are waiting to see new stuff happen and we don't see it, we feel like the game is shallow. Also their are 19 new characters we haven't seen any potential with yet. Trust me, when experience grows and we understand whats going on, the game will be great I feel. I can think of tons of combos and strats I want to try out.

In those matches people could of been using climax cancel much more but they never did. They could of used dm to climax but I guess they couldn't remember to do it as the game's still new.

Also kayabetsu's vice combo was nice. I bet she will have a way to use max mode twice in a single combo.

Maybe if he did, cB, cB, sB, B+C, sC, hcf+B+D, sC, f+A, qcb+A+C, sC, hcf+B+D, sC, f+A B+C then repeat?
Upon checking the vid, this variation should use up the max mode time bar faster and you can fit in 3 EX moves by using EX sleave first.. What do you think.

It would of been cool if some old characters got new specials and all, such as ryo, kim, king for example. But they have created 50 characters here, which would you rather have. 50 characters or 40 but with more moves. Also that would of been harder to balance then. We should judge the game on the completed product first. Heck, we don't even know the full game system yet. Or maybe this is it?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:23:54 PM by shinefist »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 30, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »
I'm still trying to understand bar costs.

In this gif we can see Mai, who was already in MAX Mode, super canceling her Hisatsu into her DM MAX, only by wasting 1 bar. So do this mean DMs and Climax are cheaper in MAX mode? This way DM > DMMAX > Climax combo can be done only in MAX mode. 1 for MAx mode, 1 for DM, 1 for DMMAX, 2 Climax = 5 bars. Outside MAX Mode it would be 1 bar for DM, 2 bars for DMMAX, 3 bars for Climax = 6 bars, which is impossible. Am I right?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 30, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »
Kyo, Iori, Kim, Ryo etc. were the most used since they were the most familiar to players and didn't change all that much from the previous installment.

So they were very safe choices for these players, most of whom probably played the game for the first time that day. They were there to win, not show off the game.

Fantastic tournament overall, great play.

In this gif we can see Mai, who was already in MAX Mode, super canceling her Hisatsu into her DM MAX, only by wasting 1 bar. So do this mean DMs and Climax are cheaper in MAX mode? This way DM > DMMAX > Climax combo can be done only in MAX mode. 1 for MAx mode, 1 for DM, 1 for DMMAX, 2 Climax = 5 bars. Outside MAX Mode it would be 1 bar for DM, 2 bars for DMMAX, 3 bars for Climax = 6 bars, which is impossible. Am I right?

Nope, that would cost 6 bars.

Super canceling doesn't cost any extra meter and activating max mode acts like you still have that bar you used to activate.

So if you have only 1 power bar and activate then you can still supercancel into a DM if max mode hasn't ended for "free", even though your power bar count is zero.

If you were in max mode and had 1 additional power bar then you could super cancel into an EX DM.

Also, max mode ends the moment you do any super in XIV. It's not like in XIII where it ends immediately only after you do a Neomax.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:50:29 PM by Diavle »

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 30, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »
Wish someone would have picked Choi, I hate him but I'd  like to see other people struggle xD
Someone picked Choi during the top 16. He's annoying as hell because of his keep-away tactics (d-u+K setups) plus he's also doing a dive kick into a rush combo dm finish. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDlDbwH7WA

I'm still trying to understand bar costs.

Yup. It's 1 meter for quick max activation, 1 for super cancel (your DM will automatically become SDM during Max mode), and 3 bars for climax cancel for a total of 5 bars.

If I'm not mistaken, when outside Max mode, you can do a DM (1 meter) to a DM (1 meter; not sure about this)/SDM (2 meters) advanced cancel or Climax cancel (3 meters). I'm not sure if it's possible to do a dm > advanced cancel > climax cancel.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:55:09 PM by lfrd »