Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 347651 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1305 on: April 30, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »
So it really is like in 02um then? Nice.

@The fluke: Ryo's were slappin the shit out of people throughout the tourney xD

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 30, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »
Super cancel doesn't cost anything in XIV And quick max and raw max are 1 stock.

Example, Terry has 2 stocks he can do...

Buster wolf (1 stock)

B+C, buster wolf (takes the B+C time gauge) (still 1 stock only)

buster wolf, (Advanced cancel) EX power geyser (3 stocks) (even in max mode 3 stocks. 2 from the stocks and one from the max gauge which will end it)

buster wolf, (climax cancel) star dunk volcano (4 stocks)

EX buster wolf, (climax cancel) star dunk volcano (5 stocks)

Can you do dm to dm ? I don't remember seeing it.

@Diavle Yes I'm aware they were trying to win & they done a good job playing the game with so little time with it. People still bitching on the stream about the floaty jumps. The game is fine, its just in 3d so its smoother now, the game does have different timing for wake ups though. People wake up and do benis qcf+B as a punish to badly timed jumps. Even kayabetsu misses vices f+A several times. Kyo wakes up and hits him with df+D as kayabestsu does f+A to soon. Hit detection looks really professional, sorry for big posts guys.

Yes Ifrd, choi has his air stomp changed from air qcf+K to air d+B. Its a 1 hit dive kick, which leads to a combo of your choosing if you time it right. Like yun, yang or rufus from sf4. Seems like a good move for controlling air space and creating combos.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:59:42 PM by shinefist »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 30, 2016, 06:22:58 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/726434432354234369?p=v

Frionel just said that in max mode you can't even DM you will only get the SDM.

This gives me a headache.... Do they mean DM SDM climax or ex moves?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:32:09 PM by The Good Loser »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 30, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
Power stock costs are really complicated now xD

Well, I guess DM > EXDM > Climax can't be done. Only:

DM > EXDM
DM > Climax
EXDM > Climax.

I really want to know now if it's true that in MAX mode you'll always do EXDM (SDM, DMMAX, or whatever is called. Strong version of regular DM).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:40:50 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 30, 2016, 07:24:05 PM »
Wow! stayed up entirely too late last night. Great to finally see some competent gameplay though. I was getting tired of watching clips of people dicking around instead of actually playing to win.

I was really pullin' for that Luong player. I thought for sure he'd take it all, but I guess he got the jitters at the end. It was also really too bad that he had to get rid of her when the going got tough.

Speaking of Luong, that climax of hers is sexy as hell. Far more racy than R. Mika's butt slap in SFV. I'm afraid the hammer of censorship may be coming down on this one.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 30, 2016, 07:34:09 PM »
Speaking of Luong, that climax of hers is sexy as hell. Far more racy than R. Mika's butt slap in SFV. I'm afraid the hammer of censorship may be coming down on this one.
I don't know. At least Luong isn't showing bare skin unlike R. Mika. I'd even argue that R. Mika's costume sluttier than Luong's.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:04 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/726434432354234369?p=v

This gives me a headache.... Do they mean DM SDM climax or ex moves?

Really, I thought you could control which level of dm with either A+C/B+D.

I give up lol. Maybe that explains why people keep Super Canceling into EXDM. I hope this is wrong. I would rather control which level DM comes out tbh.

But if that is true about the max mode, I can see why they would do that. Its to stop people from using a max mode combo then before it runs out, cancelling a DM into climax for 4 stocks, if that makes sense. If they make it so you get an EXDM whilst in max mode automatically. That will cut the chances of you using a climax afterwards, unless you have 5 stocks.

Unless you by pass this by using a combo like the one below.

So a big combo will be something like this, 5 stocks Combo into B+C, find a way to use up the MAX guage intill its finished, then use a dm at the end into climax cancel. That will be a 5 stock combo.

Its to help balance the game, it does make sense.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:40:33 PM by shinefist »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 30, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
I guess that, since MAX activation costs 1, if they do EXDM to cost 2 and Climax 3, then you couldn't Climax Cancel from an EXDM in MAX mode. So they made EXDM costs 1 in MAX mode (because you already paid 1 for MAX). And since EXDM costs 1, DM should cost 0.. otherwise it could be 1 + 1 stock for MAX activation (2), and that would be unffair. So they removed regular DM in MAX mode.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 30, 2016, 08:46:09 PM »
I guess that, since MAX activation costs 1, if they do EXDM to cost 2 and Climax 3, then you couldn't Climax Cancel from an EXDM in MAX mode. So they made EXDM costs 1 in MAX mode (because you already paid 1 for MAX). And since EXDM costs 1, DM should cost 0.. otherwise it could be 1 + 1 stock for MAX activation (2), and that would be unffair. So they removed regular DM in MAX mode.

I wrote something similar in my previous post that I just updated. I think we on the same page. Roll on game system update...

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 30, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
While that is true, in 2k2um this was the case.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 30, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
Wait, wait, wait...

Terry is doing regular DM here
1 stock MAX, 1 stock DM

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 30, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »
I don't know. At least Luong isn't showing bare skin unlike R. Mika. I'd even argue that R. Mika's costume sluttier than Luong's.
While it's true that Mika shows a lot of skin, she just doesn't act so overtly sexual. The butt slap she does is just a childish taunt and I don't believe it was meant to be as titillating as some perceived it to be. The way Luong pushes her opponents face towards her crotch looks very sensual. Then you have the very end of the move where she's straddling her opponents face. If I was just some random dude who wasn't aware of what KOF is and I saw a screenshot of that, I would think she was receiving oral sex. Now I personally have no problems with this, I'm just worried some uptight jackass will make a big stink about it.

Watch this https://youtu.be/ADJuXHPjvrE?t=3m7s

Then again, this could just be my dirty mind taking things too far as usual.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 30, 2016, 09:22:41 PM »
Wait, wait, wait...

Terry is doing regular DM here
1 stock MAX, 1 stock DM

Nope, terrys max mode ran out, after it runs out he performs qcf+P (SC) power geyser.

I wonder how much more damage he could of gotten if after the EX power charge he just done burn knuckle (SC) EX power geyser. Because the damage on the power wave (SC) power geyser was terrible. May of been a better choice to save the stock and just done C rising tackle after EX crack shot.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:37:50 PM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 30, 2016, 09:39:42 PM »
While it's true that Mika shows a lot of skin, she just doesn't act so overtly sexual. The butt slap she does is just a childish taunt and I don't believe it was meant to be as titillating as some perceived it to be. The way Luong pushes her opponents face towards her crotch looks very sensual. Then you have the very end of the move where she's straddling her opponents face. If I was just some random dude who wasn't aware of what KOF is and I saw a screenshot of that, I would think she was receiving oral sex. Now I personally have no problems with this, I'm just worried some uptight jackass will make a big stink about it.

Watch this https://youtu.be/ADJuXHPjvrE?t=3m7s

Then again, this could just be my dirty mind taking things too far as usual.
I wouldn't worry too much. KOF isn't that big of a deal in huge scale, that it would be get that much attention. Luong is sensual person, so I give this case a pass. On the other hand, uptight persons find their place no matter what.

I've felt that SNK ladies are well desinged, that they don't feel that much sexualized. Mai fills that gap well, although Capcom made that Chun-Li pre-order costume, that I feel is sluttier than Mai's costume choices have ever been.

Regarding the SFV "censoring", at least the Cammy intro thing was right thing to do. That camera angle felt "just because". R. Mika was bit baffling, but I feel that was bit overeaction from both sides of argument. Whole thing felt like overreaction, like everytime something is censored, although I can understand both sides.

And yeah, internet sure makes people think dirty. I wonder why...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 01, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »

Nah, they wouldn't do that, makes no sense.