Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343410 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1620 on: May 30, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »
Never realized how goofy looking that Robert's command kick is.... But I think King kicks even higher than those two.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Iron Ball & Dinosaurs!
« Reply #1621 on: May 30, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 30, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »
Never realized how goofy looking that Robert's command kick is.... But I think King kicks even higher than those two.

Well, Roberts kick is a back kick wich is typically way way more powerful than for example the kind of kick joe does. It's not usually even aimed at the face because it can knock out with body blows so there's no point in aiming for something hard to hit/easy to defend. Aside from him holding an arm out behind him, what's weird about it?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 30, 2016, 03:46:53 PM »
Well, Roberts kick is a back kick wich is typically way way more powerful than for example the kind of kick joe does. It's not usually even aimed at the face because it can knock out with body blows so there's no point in aiming for something hard to hit/easy to defend. Aside from him holding an arm out behind him, what's weird about it?
Stance just looks funny to me. I know that back kick is more powerful, I did some taekwondo for few years, but had to quit, because I couldn't kick higher, thanks to my CP.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 30, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »
Stance just looks funny to me. I know that back kick is more powerful, I did some taekwondo for few years, but had to quit, because I couldn't kick higher, thanks to my CP.

Alright, bummer, martial arts are surprisingly fun to practice. I looked at the picture again and i'll add that the kick is aimed surprisingly high up wich naturally results in him leaning forward alot wich in turn screws with balance and would likely cause him to push himself away and thus kind of ruining the kick. And he isn't really moving his shoulder in order to actually see the opponent. Foot angles are good though. Kicking foot is angled to connect with the heel primarily and the foot he stands on has its heel on the ground wich helps to keep rotation out of the kick.

Imo snk tends to be good at making actual martial arts moves look legit, though this is perhaps not their best work in that regard.

In joes case i can't really see if he's lifting his heel as he is supposed to in order to not hurt himself and for some reason he is spreading out his fingers behind his own head wich is rather pointless and he could preferably hold it by his front shoulder or in normal guard position. Looks good though.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
The line for the KOFXIV demo. By the way there's a 3 hour wait.
« Reply #1625 on: May 30, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »

Screw Upper!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:14:00 AM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 31, 2016, 06:46:15 AM »
Never been part of that long line and probably never will.

Somenone is inside that Screw Upper. I wonder who it is?

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 31, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
Played the Combo Breaker build this weekend. Didn't have as much time with it as I did at PSE but mainly played it to try things out. Most of this might be old hat now but I figured I'd list a few things I noticed:

- Terry feels like he should've felt in XIII. st.D is a GODLIKE far-range normal that has an incredible anti-air hitbox. Burn knuckle hard knockdowns now too. It felt like his Rising Tackle hitbox got nerfed a bit at first but after a while didn't seem like too big an issue. EX Buster Wolf is projectile invincible.

- I noticed Kula can't cancel from cr.C anymore? I'm sure she could in the six character build. I don't know if they took that out but I could never get it out.

- I think Athena can low profile air projectiles with both crouch C or D. At least against Athena and Roberts if you do them early enough.

- Tung seemed pretty good. Not as wild as his NGBC iteration but definitely nasty when people played him more. His spinning super is great for an anti-air as it has a quicker startup than in NGBC.

- Sylvie was fun. EX Static looks like it will be good for combo extensions, like Beni's EX grab was. Some of her normals were really good, especially j.D.

- Beni still feels really good to me, even though he's lost some XIII tools. You can't backdash cancel into air fireball anymore. His new slash is really good especially in Max mode, where you can alternate ex and a.Slash for pressure. Still has the input shortcut from XIII for kick combo.

- I noticed Sega was listed in the copyright info now. ???
So hateful.

The Blackrose

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #1628 on: May 31, 2016, 07:27:27 AM »
- I noticed Sega was listed in the copyright info now. ???

Probably because Atlus is the NA publisher.
The Hermit of Wisconsin

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The line for the KOFXIV demo. By the way there's a 3 hour wait.
« Reply #1629 on: May 31, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »

Screw Upper!
Screw Upper to Climax Cancel?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 31, 2016, 11:33:41 AM »
Yes it's the climax cancel.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger