Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343311 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1950 on: July 12, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »
Is Nightmare Geese a costume like Classic Kyo?
yes.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 12, 2016, 06:10:45 PM »
@micky Kusanagi: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hoqeHcKEAO8 first 5 seconds is your best shot at mature's climax for now lol
I know I know :D I just meant I can't wait to see the intro to the move as well :P

I wonder what the Sylvie screen is about...a taunt or a second winpose? (I'm assuming it's in-game stuff, but you never know) Either way, I like it, she's one of my favorite newcomers -I love characters you can't take seriously in action stories/games- and her habit of using a bullhorn is one of the traits I like the most about her.

I don't wanna get my hopes too high but at the same time I can't help but thinking SNK is serious about DLC costumes. I'd really like to see classic outfits for those characters who were given a new one, although I'm fine with the new outfits.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 12, 2016, 06:20:12 PM »
There might be a demo on the chinese PSN if the game is preordered. Starting July 20th.

https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/752892134005420032

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PS4 Theme with Preorder in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWE3nY9s3g

Godlike music of Esaka. Omg! So good.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:33:24 PM by Amedø310 »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:22 PM »
Nightmare Geese Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFEa9Sz7Ck

New Geese Theme can be heard.

48 Character build will be at EVO.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:21:14 AM by Amedø310 »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 13, 2016, 04:55:43 AM »

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/753052929666322432
The demo is confirmed in US on July 20!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:10:58 AM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 13, 2016, 07:46:19 AM »
I was surprised that Geese and Terry didn't have special intro. I think it would be kinda nice, if someone uses Nightmare Geese costume, Terry/Andy would be slightly shocked to see something like that.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: July 13, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
We haven't seen any special intros yet, only in screenshots we have noticed them. So maybe they will be available in the final build only. It would suck if they were only in story mode.

How long is the demo for or is it an online beta?

https://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/2016/071301/

The evo build is the finished released product build. According to this article.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:58:25 AM by shinefist »

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 13, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 13, 2016, 06:06:48 PM »
I didn't expect a Nightmare Geese trailer at all. Now that SNK has zombiefied him, he's even more nightmarish than ever before. Great DLC costume. The new music track is a very good take on the iconic Geese theme IMO, I like it.

@shinefist: I'm afraid there are no hints at an online beta right now and there wouldn't be enough time to host one -the SFV beta program started months before release-, but I'd be very happy if us players got an opportunity to test the netcode.
About the demo, since SNK deleted the tweet about the demo shortly after posting it, it may either be that SNK was simply writing the digital preorder tweet and made a mistake, or (it's a theory of mine and I know it's crazy, but I still wouldn't rule it out) they purposely published that tweet too early to raise some interest in the demo, and will post it again when the demo is actually available. My bet is that we'll get a GGXrd Rev style demo, so lots of characters but no online mode, and it'll be only for those who preorder(ed) a digital copy.
Ore no...kachi da!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 13, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »
So this is how they hype us up for this special week!

Nightmare Geese costume and 48-character build are awesome enough as it is. Then we have South Town Team tomorrow and a panel at EVO, which is going to include a KOF Station Video for sure.

It's good to be a KOF fan right now.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 13, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
I just wish they'd start talking about the netcode...I mean they've said they've built the game from the ground up with netplay in mind, which is good and all, but some demonstrations or information on it would really help alleviate the worry and doubt on my mind...I don't want this to be another game that's impossible to play online.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 13, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
I didn't expect a Nightmare Geese trailer at all. Now that SNK has zombiefied him, he's even more nightmarish than ever before. Great DLC costume. The new music track is a very good take on the iconic Geese theme IMO, I like it.

@shinefist: I'm afraid there are no hints at an online beta right now and there wouldn't be enough time to host one -the SFV beta program started months before release-, but I'd be very happy if us players got an opportunity to test the netcode.
About the demo, since SNK deleted the tweet about the demo shortly after posting it, it may either be that SNK was simply writing the digital preorder tweet and made a mistake, or (it's a theory of mine and I know it's crazy, but I still wouldn't rule it out) they purposely published that tweet too early to raise some interest in the demo, and will post it again when the demo is actually available. My bet is that we'll get a GGXrd Rev style demo, so lots of characters but no online mode, and it'll be only for those who preorder(ed) a digital copy.

If we got a demo with about 10-20 characters available if you preordered it, I would definitely purchase it. I would imagine the graphics are like the way they are to help keep the online running at a decent pace. And yes it would be nice to know more about the online experience. Right now we are just trusting SNK to deliver the goods.

SNK are quick enough to say please support us and then we can make more fighting games. But they will only get well supported if they make a good online functionality.

Hope SNK can overcome this online hurdle. There's no doubt that the game itself will be awesome.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:39 PM »
So we briefly touched upon Mai being in DOA5LR but no one's mentioned (never mind, someone has) that there will be some KOF girl costumes as well. More specifically, Yuri, Kasumi, and Hinako.

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10201.html

Also, Attack on Titan stuff for those interested.

I knew Yuri's clothes rip in AOF but apparently Kasumi's do as well? I never knew that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:43:17 PM by marchefelix »