Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343353 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #360 on: February 02, 2016, 02:40:12 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO0Qp5m-lk

Haven't actually thought about it but the advanced cancel could be the "return" of the Dream cancel?

Most likely. I'm already see Kyo doing punch DM into SDM Orochinagi.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 02, 2016, 02:40:49 AM »
i love how we were just talking about this not being possible 2 pages ago xD

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2016, 05:57:48 AM »
I was wrong earlier. The advanced cancel did cancel maiden masher into iori's new SDM, I thought it was dm to his dm. All we can do is speculate its real usage. So its possible it could be also used to be a dream cancel too as the good loser said.

It would be cool if you could advanced cancel from dm/sdm into EX moves obviously whilst in max mode. This would create many new combo possibilities & juggles.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »
And another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3kHpv1EKQ

Also, looks, at home?
Probably it is some conference room or hotel room that has chance to play.

I really wish that SNK would release some good quality gameplay footage without someone talking over it. I want to hear what kind of music this has.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 02, 2016, 08:58:34 AM »
And another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3kHpv1EKQ

Also, looks, at home?
I really wish that SNK would release some good quality gameplay footage without someone talking over it. I want to hear what kind of music this has.

SNK always been dropping the ball in that department. If only that approach their presentations like they did with the actual game mechanics. I honestly don't remember any SNK game having just in game match videos for presentation. Hell, they never had one for games that were just re-releases.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:01:48 AM by Amedø310 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:26 AM »
SNK always been dropping the ball in that department. If only that approach their presentations like they did with the actual game mechanics. I honestly don't remember any SNK game having just in game match videos for presentation. Hell, they never had one for games that were just re-releases.
Now that you mention it, I don't actually remember any official marketing material for KOF XIII that showed pure gameplay. First time I saw pure gemaplay was from some arcade channel on YouTube, that showed casual/tournament matches after the game was released in arcades.

But man can hope for some, eh?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 02, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »
Haven't actually thought about it but the advanced cancel could be the "return" of the Dream cancel?

Well not really since a Dream Cancel is a DM into a Leader DM. It was also in KOF XIII as Max Cancel with DM into Neomax.

XIV's equivalent would be a Climax Cancel, I guess? If there is such a thing in the game, a DM into a Climax DM.

Advanced Cancels are something new to the mainline series.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:45:53 PM by Diavle »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 02, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »

Well not really since a Dream Cancel is a DM into a Leader DM. It was also in KOF XIII as Max Cancel with DM into Neomax.

XIV's equivalent would be a Climax Cancel, I guess? If there is such a thing in the game, a DM into a Climax DM.

Advanced Cancels are something new to the mainline series.

I thought of this too

Also, good spot with the advanced cancel, it makes you wonder if the cancel works in a hierarchy like normal->DM = Super cancel; DM -> SDM = Advanced cancel; SDM -> ClimaxDM = (Cli)max Cancel?

Not impossible

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 02, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
Yeah that's a good way of putting it, with Advance Cancel they filled in the void between super and max cancels.

Doing all three in succession shouldn't be possible though considering it would cost 6 meters in XIV.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:51:40 PM by Diavle »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 02, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
Which is a good thing i think. We don't know the full extent of the entire rosters supers sdm's or climaxes (we might see some returning funny ones like in 2k2um or so)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2016, 07:07:30 PM »
Yeah that's a good way of putting it, with Advance Cancel they filled in the void between super and max cancels.

Doing all three in succession shouldn't be possible though considering it would cost 6 meters in XIV.
Does Climax cost 3 in MAX mode? Maybe it costs 2, like NeoMAX in HD mode, and then if you have 5 meter.. combo > Super Cancel > Advanced Cancel > Climax Cancel. That could be awesome.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2016, 07:27:18 PM »
Does Climax cost 3 in MAX mode? Maybe it costs 2, like NeoMAX in HD mode, and then if you have 5 meter.. combo > Super Cancel > Advanced Cancel > Climax Cancel. That could be awesome.

It should cost 2 bars in max mode but that's only because you spent 1 bar activating max mode already so it's still 3 bars overall.

It wouldn't work anyway though since in XIV max mode ends the moment you do a DM, even if it's a regular DM.

This is different from XIII where HD would end immediately only if you did a Neomax.

The super/advance/climax cancel systems aren't max mode dependent. You can cancel a special move into a Climax DM without max mode. In XIII you could only do that in HD.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2016, 10:43:08 PM »
As it stands all we really know about advanced cancel is that you can cancel DM to SDM, but we don't currently know if DM to DM is ok. I haven't seen any info saying that CDMs can be canceled into, but I see no reason to believe that isn't the case.

What makes me concerned is how they'll treat grapplers with these cancels. We've seen that the advanced cancel does not automatically equate an extended combo as Iori's SDM whiffed. Will grapplers like Goro or Clark be able to advanced cancel to whatever their second supers may be, or will it whiff like Iori's? If it does whiff does that make them more likely to be used primarily as point/battery characters?

I apologize for typing out my train of thought, but lastly I'd like to mention that although Iori missed with his SDM in that instance it does not make that particular cancel useless (not that anyone said it). I haven't seen that super hit or be blocked, so I don't even know it can be blocked (it probably can) but if done in the corner it could be used to pressure or possibly guard break an opponent. Further it may be that you can cancel it earlier and extend his combo if he recovers fast enough, then if it was done in the corner it'll hit later setting up either juggles or even more ground combos. But of course this is all speculation so my ramblings should be taken with a grain of salt.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2016, 10:49:56 PM »
@ottomatic, i think it actually looked useful in a zoning manner as he could stay behind the sparkles and maybe keep fireballing?

As for the grapplers, at least for clark, he needed to do an Ex hcf+k to cancel into his super for it to connect, so maybe the ex versions in XIV with diffferent properties will allow for the secure cancel.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:02:59 PM by The Good Loser »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2016, 11:44:31 PM »
@ottomatic, i think it actually looked useful in a zoning manner as he could stay behind the sparkles and maybe keep fireballing?

You've got a point about zoning, I sometimes forget how much of an all purpose character Iori can be.