Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343317 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
This article suggests that the KOF XIV may have been leaked a while back:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/04/king-of-fighters-xivs-roster-may-have-leaked-months-ago/

If that list turns out to be true my schlong would be diamonds!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2015, 10:05:20 AM »
This just dawned on me, what about Adelheid or Shion?

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2015, 04:57:16 PM »
I hope the article isn't wholly accurate. What about Chizuru Kagura, Blue Marry, and Vanessa? I just hope with the transition to 3D that they'll be able to easily slot in DLC characters which didn't make the cut for the initial game. They need to get a PC release though because I'm not buying a PS4.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
This article suggests that the KOF XIV may have been leaked a while back:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/04/king-of-fighters-xivs-roster-may-have-leaked-months-ago/

Hmmm, if this list is true, It'd be awesome to see Angel, Ramon back, as well as Kim's Master and Wife.  But if that interview that suggested XIV would continue the Ash saga, Adelheid, Shion, and a few of those potential "Those from the Past" characters should be included, I would hope. But I am surprised at how many brand-new characters or whole teams might be introduced into this title if the list is accurate.

"Non-human species" for a final boss? Trying to hold off judgement, but I'd prefer if they simply went with Rugal.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »
I hope the article isn't wholly accurate. What about Chizuru Kagura, Blue Marry, and Vanessa? I just hope with the transition to 3D that they'll be able to easily slot in DLC characters which didn't make the cut for the initial game. They need to get a PC release though because I'm not buying a PS4.

you have to keep in mind how far back that is from and what could have happened since then. I dont play them but i do have fun playing against them.

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2015, 10:54:38 PM »
So Chang is back with a giant ant-air, Leona has bigger breasts, Kyo's J. D C is still the sandbagger (dat Cr.B to Cl.C link tho), and Iori stays scratching people. Honestly, the one few aspects that we can review from this trailer aside from looking at the Duke Nukem Forever graphics, it's still 2D, it plays like KOF still, but it just looks really sloppy. I'm saying that my theory is when I play it, it feels like XIII or 02UM, because that's what it looks like, and with bad graphics. I will have my full opinion on here when the game is shown on PSE floor and I play it. Hopefully the line won't be too long.

I also feel that this is a tactic to alienate people on the floor so the real KOF players can playmore, typo intended.  It's a hunch, but I wouldn't expect anything else from SNK.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »
those all sound like good points to me lol

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2015, 04:30:23 AM »
Leona has bigger breasts

Leona's breasts are the same size as last time IMO (so still pretty big) >_>

Also, Iori has his flame powers. They just accent his scratches too.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »
You guys might wanna check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNkGxgMkcBE

XIII to XIV comparison. Pretty cool.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
It's interesting.Thank you.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2015, 07:35:01 PM »
KOF14 website classified the new teaser as the second trailer. So what is in January?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2015, 01:01:48 AM »
KOF14 website classified the new teaser as the second trailer. So what is in January?

The month people mistakenly thought KOF XIV would be released. That's it to my knowledge.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »
Still not liking the music but the announcer is alright. The game speed looks alright. I like the second stage shown more than the first one, probably cause the characters don't look all shiny there.

I'm still fine with however they want to make the game look as long as they give the game the personality we've come to expect from SNK, IE Chris moonwalking for his hold back walk cycle, the music of XIII (seriously, any song in that game), or K putting on his shades like he's in CSI Miami when he hits with chain drive.

Interesting to see Chang there, but this honestly made me think about Birdie's reveal for SFV. Do you guy's think Chang will have his move set be changed up like XIII Ralf, Chin, and Iori?

Also so far we've seen a standard super in Orochinagi, and something that indicates a MAX2, NEOMAX type big super, but will we see a return of EX moves? Will there be a form of cancel system? If there is will it use it's own meter (ala XIII) or take up super meter (ala SFIV or NEOWAVE)?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
@Ottomanic: In the recent Podcast there was talk about it, and that for some parts of Kof a new system was brought up entirely, so maybe this could be the case as well. (or revert to older ones a.E. 98)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2015, 03:12:48 AM »
While true there have been a large variety of system changes, there are a few we can expect to stay. Since the beginning there have been blow back attacks (except 2003), after 96 we got hops and running instead of quicksteps, and each game had a form of dodge mechanic; sidesteps, rolls, and whatever they called 99's movement. I expect the game to feel somewhat familiar despite whatever meter changes they implement. I'll be pretty happy so long as this KOF feels like I'm playing KOF (if that makes sense).