Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343401 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 11:22:11 PM »
Thank goodness the game won't be released that early, especially when it's in the state it is.

A lot of people already have a negative view of this game. The new graphical style really turned off even some of the biggest fans and some are even declaring it a flop. Are the justified in thinking this or are they just jumping the gun?

I think when a company has to close down the comments section on their video and make a second trailer not showing the game it is a failure as a trailer to hype the public for the new game. Now jumping the gun and saying the game will suck, yeah, it's a bit too soon.

I will say the animation style wasn't what disappointed me the most. When Kyo threw out a shoulder attack it looked extremely stiff and awkward. If if they increased the animation and smoothed things out the way they made the move just doesn't look right to me. That had me more worried then anything.

They disabled their comments some time ago when people reacted negatively to them showing off a pachinko game. KOF XIV had nothing to do with that.

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 01:34:09 AM »
There is plenty of game engines in use today that are available to different size development teams. Cry engine, Unreal 3 and 4, and Unity, they are worth their price and weight based on the utility they provided. Capcom is making a resident evil game on unity,  arc system is using Unreal 3 to make guilty gear. Making this game ps4 only is a dumb decision when there are tools that allow for easier process to develop a pc counter part.

New saga mean new characters to the series, I wonder what they have plan.

Found a link could mean something or nothing http://vinereport.com/article/king.of.fighters.new.game.slated.for.release.june.2016.snk.launches.first.trailer.on.website/3158.htm
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:00:30 AM by Mrkarate23 »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 06:56:57 AM »
After all they've tried cultivating on Steam, and with how many fighting franchises are heading to PC, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a PC port in the future, planned or not.

I assume XIV will be a dream match and experiment in part for their transition into 3D. XV should be the beginning of a new saga. I wonder if that's going to be the "dragon spirit" (if I'm remembering that right) saga, or something else.

And for MrKarate23/Shapiralingblood, welcome back.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Glad to be back
Dragon spirit, I wonder if they will bring back ash for this arc. Wierd by not having ash, kyo, and iori not be in a team.I want to see the characters from the game boy advance games back. It will give kyo and iori team mates we have not seen in a while.

Im expecting the roster to be modest, atmost 35 to 40  characters and not the 50 plus the dream match are known for. Characters mostly from the ash saga, sub bosess aldehied and shion and different tier  final boss like
Like mukai, magaki, and saiki.

If they are going back to basic with the fighting system it will be a good way to introduce new players to kof. The latter kofs take time to get use to.  Kof 98 is like the defacto game to introduce players. Hard for me to see snkp mess up that fighting system, better play it safe before going crazy.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 02:55:58 AM »
To be honest, it wouldn't upset me if Ash didn't return in this, or XV if XIV is a dream match. The GBA KOF characters....as long as they're made nice enough, sure. I expect Rugal, but would rather have Adelheid. And most past rumors of XIV pointed to '98 style, so SNKP probably had the same idea.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 02:23:30 AM »
I'll I've gotta say is this... we don't know anything about this game, nor do we know about the possible future of this game at all, because remember, somewhere down the line, XII was gonna be in 3D like MI if I recall. So what if we don't come back to this game maybe 8 months down the line? What if it goes into development hell? We don't know at all! The website could go down tomorrow and we may never anything about XIV until sometime later next year... so until then when we have info on it, we just have to see! Which sucks, and is an old business model that might've worked back then, but it doesn't work now because if you don't show anything after a month or so, it just becomes a public outcry of you not caring to hear people out on this game. That's my opinion.

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 04:11:16 AM »
Next trailer is scheduled for next year, so snkp would have plenty of time to work and show the game at a desirable state.  What I am hoping for is to hear more.about the game through interviews with famitsu or information from their social media. The game is alpha base on what we have seen, its pretty unclear to what we should expect. The one positive is they have working models with moves, that need plenty of tweaking. I would be more worried if we did not see something in the form of concept arts when the game was fisrt revealed.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:31 AM »
Yeah, I hope the second impression given alleviates a lot of complaints or fears, though I'm not sure. I wouldn't be upset at all if XIV happens to get delayed, like nearly every KOF before it, especially if it gives them more time to improve things. The inbetween now and then should be interesting.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:46 PM »
Yeah, I hope the second impression given alleviates a lot of complaints or fears, though I'm not sure. I wouldn't be upset at all if XIV happens to get delayed, like nearly every KOF before it, especially if it gives them more time to improve things. The inbetween now and then should be interesting.
Yes, I don't care about how much time it takes. I can keep playing kof02um and kof13 before XIV released. Don't rustle out another XII.

We can send SNK our thoughts when they still have time to fix it.

snk usa mail address:  info-usa@snkplaymore.co.jp

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 11:22:43 PM »
^
I don't think snkp look at the emails sent to them or they would have made a public statement regarding the game.
Another XII would not be good at all, so I agree they should take their sweet time. SNKP whole fighting game library is available in the japan psn store, you can never have to much kof.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
^
People sent emails complaining about netcode of kof2002um and kof13, and they released netcode patches after the feedback.
I think complaining in email is more effective than complaining on forum.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:03:25 AM by a11111357 »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:28 AM »
SNKP whole fighting game library is available in the japan psn store, you can never have to much kof.

Wait What?!?! The whole fighting game library in Japan PSN and all we got is the Neo Geo Station with 16 titles? Anybody confirm? Been waiting for titles like Real Bout Fatal Fury Special or SVC Chaos SNK vs Capcom to be released
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 01:27:28 AM »
SNKP whole fighting game library is available in the japan psn store, you can never have to much kof.

Wait What?!?! The whole fighting game library in Japan PSN and all we got is the Neo Geo Station with 16 titles? Anybody confirm? Been waiting for titles like Real Bout Fatal Fury Special or SVC Chaos SNK vs Capcom to be released

Yes all the kof's are in there, and its pretty easy to make a japanese psn account. It has all the maximum impact games including regulation A, all the kof (orochi saga collection, nest  saga collection, 2003, xi, real bout fatal fury, the remake of 94, ngbc, samsho 5. No svc chaos. Take a look at the link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_Classics

They are about 10 dollars a piece or more, but you need a japanese psn card.
I made self a jp account on the ps3 and I was pleasantly surprise by amount of snk fighters available.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:36:16 AM by Mrkarate23 »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 08:26:14 AM »
I'll tweet the e-mail address out. Atleast people can't complain SNK Won't listen.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 06:01:40 AM »
I hope this time they add new characters.

I didn't mind when they didn't do it in KOF XIII. This time around, they have no reason not to.