Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343343 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
98umol tv commercials in Taiwan. 3 million views on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwlHITx8z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqwl__8dLSo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:22:00 AM by a11111357 »

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2015, 07:17:50 PM »

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2015, 12:28:11 AM »
Snkp is having a small sale on jp psn for old kof games: kof 94 re-bout, kof 98 um, OG kof 2002, and KOF MIRA for 50% off til November 24 its to celebrate the announcement of kof xiv

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/1819/20151111-kofxiv-sale.html

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2015, 02:13:29 AM »

What am i looking at here, a V-Slasher in a V-Slasher? Illuminati?  ;)

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
I seriously love how Dream Cancel's approach to KOFXIV was less destructive of any other gaming community -KOF focused or not- I've been taking news from.

As for the gameplay, we can only guess SNKP is striving to keep as faithful to KOFXIII as possible, but there isn't enough material to be sure about how it's gonna play.

Roster? The newest teaser analysis seems to hint at the leaked 48+2 characters roster, but I'm more inclined to think there will be 30 or so chars.

I understand the graphics are PS2 tier, but hey, why wasn't there such fierce negative criticism when KOF was brought to Atomiswave and it could get Guilty Gear-like visuals? Unless Ledo is helping SNKP directly (ie. giving them lots and lots of $$$) in the development of this game, we can't ask for anything much better than the graphics shown in the second teaser. Kyo's new appearance looks heavily inspired by Japanese and Korean male pop idols...does SNKP want today's young girls to have the hots for him? xD

The main theme sounds to me like current era pop-rock specifically crafted to lure younger audiences in. I have a strong tendency not to like such songs, but this theme is an exception, it actually gets me hyped...maybe I'm too much of a fanboy x'D Voice actors should be the same, but I'm having a hard time recognizing Kyo's voice...too much noise when he's speaking xD
Ore no...kachi da!!

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2015, 11:15:49 PM »
I seriously love how Dream Cancel's approach to KOFXIV was less destructive of any other gaming community -KOF focused or not- I've been taking news from.

As for the gameplay, we can only guess SNKP is striving to keep as faithful to KOFXIII as possible, but there isn't enough material to be sure about how it's gonna play.

Roster? The newest teaser analysis seems to hint at the leaked 48+2 characters roster, but I'm more inclined to think there will be 30 or so chars.

I understand the graphics are PS2 tier, but hey, why wasn't there such fierce negative criticism when KOF was brought to Atomiswave and it could get Guilty Gear-like visuals? Unless Ledo is helping SNKP directly (ie. giving them lots and lots of $$$) in the development of this game, we can't ask for anything much better than the graphics shown in the second teaser. Kyo's new appearance looks heavily inspired by Japanese and Korean male pop idols...does SNKP want today's young girls to have the hots for him? xD

The main theme sounds to me like current era pop-rock specifically crafted to lure younger audiences in. I have a strong tendency not to like such songs, but this theme is an exception, it actually gets me hyped...maybe I'm too much of a fanboy x'D Voice actors should be the same, but I'm having a hard time recognizing Kyo's voice...too much noise when he's speaking xD

Naw we are definitely getting 48

Pretty excited for the character roster, even though I was really hoping Momoko and Vanessa would return.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »
Truth is I don't find a 48+2 roster realistic unless work on KOFXIV started in early 2013 -I don't remember when the "new KOF" recruitment page was launched and I don't know how much time it took to gather staff-, but if it's what we're getting for real, I'm happy, because the roster depicted in that leak looks so varied, full of both veterans and newcomers. The only thing I don't like is the supposed "non human species" final boss...I'm dreading at the idea of a new, insanely cheap Magaki O_O
Ore no...kachi da!!

Crimzon-ET

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2015, 05:05:35 AM »
I actually didn't become aware of the King of Fighters series until around 2008 but I liked KOF 13. Personally I'm hoping that Lee Pai Long,Tung Fu Rue,Duck King, and Geese Howard make it into KOF 14.
[/URL]

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2015, 01:07:52 AM »
Guys there are clearly 48 slots, I don't understand why there are still doubts.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2015, 01:41:09 AM »
1. A lot of false information leaked intentionally by developers and even more leaked by others.

2. 48 characters is too many to add and balance in one installment (without a framework to reuse or build upon).

3. A focus on quantity can diminish quality enough to make the experience and product insignificant.

4. Large rosters have too much filler and tier gaps.

5. Leaked roster is lacking in the quality department.

*Only Kyo, Iori, and Leona and the two shown stages are genuine features within the game until more information comes to light on December 5th.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
SNKP is probably recycling engine and 3D models from KOFXIII. That XIII-XIV side by side comparison video shows it so clearly, how people can be afraid about KOFXIV not being top notch from a gameplay standpoint is well beyond me. I'm even getting less doubtful about KOFXIV having more than 30 chars: if almost everything's being reused from KOFXIII, a whole lot of character models are basically 99% complete, so making a fair number of new chars shouldn't be impossible. Even then, I think 48+2 are too many, even with such simple graphics. Still, I'd like to be proven wrong by SNKP themselves :D

[spoiler=roster speculation]-everybody's gonna come back minus Ash, Elisabeth, Mature, Saiki and Vice (1)
-Hero Team, new-Duo-Shen (2)
-Kyo and Iori will be solo because it's kind of a staple in the beginning of every saga
-Shingo in place of Kyo in Japan Team
-Chang and Choi in place of Hwa and Raiden in Kim's team
-XI Agents Team coming back
-Outlaw Team, Oswald-Yamazaki-Eiji or Oswald-new-new
-Raiden-Hwa-Billy (3)
-midboss Xiao Lon (4)
-boss Ron

If I counted them correctly, that's a 39 chars roster (40 if you count Ron) and only 10 characters (11 counting Ron) made from scratch. Shingo is nothing more than a headswap of schoolboy Kyo with rekka-ish moves, piece of cake :D

(1) Ash and Saiki are erased from existence and won't be in story driven KOF games anymore, unless SNKP comes up with some weird time paradox xD Betty needs to stay away from fighting for a little cause she's mourning over Ash, and I don't think Mature and Vice feel like bothering with Iori again after he stubbornly resolved to take his cursed powers back xD
(2) the new character here is obviously the new protagonist, he teams up with Duo and Shen for both story reasons -they all want to crush the Hizoku and Dragon Pills traffickers, though for Shen it's just a matter of revenge/defeating Oswald completely depending on who won that offscreen battle- and as a nod to the NESTS saga Hero Team setup, where K' and Maxima were put together with chars from the previous saga
(3) I think Billy needs to get his goofy side back, nothing better than teaming up with these two wannabe-evil dumbasses xD Do you remember how he whined in FF1 when you made his staff fly away?
(4) sort of a rival to Duo, determined meet his brother again, to put an end to the war between her brother and her father and to show Duo she's not so soft hearted as he says
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:00:41 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2015, 02:31:28 AM »
1. Those old barebones polygonal models are useless.

2. Animations cannot be transferred from 2D to 3D smoothly and can only serve as a reference (same as motion capture).

3. The change in art style is clear as day in the modeling and bone structure is different.

*Too little information is available to make an educated guess with respect to the roster and high expectations will leave many disappointed.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2015, 11:01:11 AM »
Hot off the press! A new promo for the PlayStation Experience.

Also shows off a new character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5s-Ad4e6s&feature=youtu.be

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
As an Andy fan, i'm digging the new outfit. On that note, my dibs are on Kim, Beni or K' as the next reveal.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:32:12 PM by The Good Loser »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
Here are two interesting developmental images from the 2nd and 3rd trailer

and