Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343556 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2016, 05:22:45 PM »
People like satured colors. Honestly I'm not fond of it. I don't see anything bad in less saturated colors. Is more realistic and less fake. What KOF needs is not more vibrating colors, but some fine hue. Like a bit of magenta/cyan in shadows and yellow in highlights. That gives a nice feeling. SFV i just ok, it doesn't need that retouch.

As for Kyo and Iori, I think it's pretty obvious that they where done at the beginning of the process, and Benimaru maybe it has been done later, after having some more experience doing other characters before him. Or at least this is what it looks like. Benimaru is really well done and polished.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2016, 07:25:49 PM »

I think the game was looking better in 4th trailer / PS Experience than un this new trailer. Kyo looks like he's had plastic surgery on his face O_o

https://twitter.com/NuraYagami/status/685681618908884992

"SRK user ReoGeoSRK had a talk with N. Kuroki about #KOFXIV graphics & this is what he said..."

"The latest version is more beautiful than the next trailer. It is getting better little by little every day."

The "next trailer" was this one.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »
I started to think that maybe Kyo's and Iori's desing doesn't translate well into 3D, because both are "pretty boys".
But Beni tho

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2016, 07:43:42 PM »

I think the game was looking better in 4th trailer / PS Experience than un this new trailer. Kyo looks like he's had plastic surgery on his face O_o

https://twitter.com/NuraYagami/status/685681618908884992

"SRK user ReoGeoSRK had a talk with N. Kuroki about #KOFXIV graphics & this is what he said..."

"The latest version is more beautiful than the next trailer. It is getting better little by little every day."

The "next trailer" was this one.

Latest version means Taipei GS version? So the playable demo of this weekend will look better than the trailer..?
Awesome  :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »
As speculated earlier in this thread (page 3 or 4?) the trailers are weeks or months behind the actual current state of the game. If the demo will be the current game or also from a point in the past i do not know.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2016, 11:07:36 PM »
Latest version means Taipei GS version? So the playable demo of this weekend will look better than the trailer..?
Awesome  :)

Doubt it, playable demos are usually quite a bit behind the actual current build.

I'm just hoping that the Taipei build features characters that weren't in the PSX build.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »
I am rather upset by the redesigns, worst of which bar none is Robert so far. They made his clothes the most generic of any character and added a pretentious artist mustache and goatee combo to that awful NeoGeo Colisseum look.

*Hell, I can make a more accurate Robert with Lee in Tekken Tag 2.

I also feel that the graphics have regressed since the fourth trailer. Kyo looks like Michael Jackson now.

If Playmore messes up on Yamazaki or fails to include classic costumes, I don't think I will be picking this installment up.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2016, 02:38:19 AM »
People like satured colors. Honestly I'm not fond of it. I don't see anything bad in less saturated colors. Is more realistic and less fake. What KOF needs is not more vibrating colors, but some fine hue. Like a bit of magenta/cyan in shadows and yellow in highlights. That gives a nice feeling. SFV i just ok, it doesn't need that retouch.

I get you, i think the soulcalibur games look horrible after soulcalibur 2 because of a mix of character designs and that god damned bloom that makes EVERYTHING shine. I do like a colourful game, 13 and 12 especially have alot going for them in that department but i'd like it if kof 14 was more "dark", like 94 when compared to more "anime" looking games.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2016, 06:41:06 AM »
Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition is very sharp and features some of the best character designs and stage designs in the series...

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2016, 09:15:28 AM »
KOF XIV coming up at Taipei Game Show

http://www.twitch.tv/tgslive

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
Same build from PSX. New build has updated character protiarts.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
New things I gathered from the stream was Chang's Far C can whiff cancel into mash P (I read previously it wasn't cancelable), and in the stills before the game play there was a set of three pics where one looked like Ralf Dynamite (Ralf's qcb + p in XII/XIII) against Chang whiffing far C. Any one else catch anything new or noteworthy.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »
something about Andy being able to low B in air is what the translator said but he also said something about red hand's and big controllers so idk #Dreamswerecanceled

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2016, 11:37:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/yuki_yagami/status/693003064261922816

Here's something interesting, hints of Ash might still be there

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile