Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343411 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »
I am rather upset by the redesigns, worst of which bar none is Robert so far. They made his clothes the most generic of any character and added a pretentious artist mustache and goatee combo to that awful NeoGeo Colisseum look.
To me Robert doesn't look bad at all

And I'm sure 5th trailer Kyo is not final.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:27:09 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »
Spotted a new mechanic called advanced cancel.

With advanced cancel looks like you can cancel a dm into another dm. Iori cancels the maiden masher's last hit into his new dm, the one with the sparkle balls left on the screen for a while.

Its in the first match with iori vs andy.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2016, 01:19:19 PM »
Spotted a new mechanic called advanced cancel.

With advanced cancel looks like you can cancel a dm into another dm. Iori cancels the maiden masher's last hit into his new dm, the one with the sparkle balls left on the screen for a while.

Its in the first match with iori vs andy.
I just watched the translated version of the stream Gatoray posted on youtube and you're right that's certainly a DM to SDM cancel. Good catch. Do you think it's only DM to SDM or can it be DM to DM, or in later rounds SDM to SDM?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »
I don't know. I just watched the meter gauge and it took 1 extra stock followed by the words advanced cancel.

If you could do advanced cancel from dm to sdm it would be cool. Not to mention sdm to climax. Maybe the players playtesting could discover more for us this weekend.

It sounds like a ton of work to make all this for 50 characters.
Ralf may have qcf,hcb+P (last hit) advanced cancel (AC) galactic phantom!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:40:27 PM by shinefist »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2016, 03:08:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/yuki_yagami/status/693003064261922816

Here's something interesting, hints of Ash might still be there

The art was just place holders for concept stage. The kyo art on the jumbotron is from ffxkof mobile game.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »
To me Robert doesn't look bad at all
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/pics/kof14-taipei-p1.jpg
And I'm sure 5th trailer Kyo is not final.

I am a bit of an SNK purist and Robert never looked that way before. His current look is too inconsistent and generic. He has always looked like a young Steven Seagal. If they give him an alternate costume that is consistent with his original look (Art of Fighting) I will overlook it (even if it costs me extra).

Also, Kyo's eyes are too far apart and his face looks like its been injected with botox. His signature cocky smirk is gone. However, I don't really like any of the KoF protagonists so it doesn't strike a cord with me unlike Robert. On the bright side, Ralf's appearance has improved to the point where he is recognizable. However, I hope the females in the future won't succumb to the creepy bug-eyed doll syndrome.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:55:43 PM by TrueOrochi »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
Robert Garcia was designed to look like both Steven Seagal and Andy Garcia.

Also, good spot with the advanced cancel, it makes you wonder if the cancel works in a hierarchy like normal->DM = Super cancel; DM -> SDM = Advanced cancel; SDM -> ClimaxDM = (Cli)max Cancel?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2016, 07:43:27 PM »
However, I hope the females in the future won't succumb to the creepy bug-eyed doll syndrome.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »
Towards the end of the show they name-dropped a few fighters. The ones I caught were Yamazaki, Lin, and Jhun Hoon. Could it be they're among those that will return?

Also, watching Gamerbee play this as if it was SF... FailFish

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2016, 08:34:42 PM »
Towards the end of the show they name-dropped a few fighters. The ones I caught were Yamazaki, Lin, and Jhun Hoon. Could it be they're among those that will return?

Also, watching Gamerbee play this as if it was SF... FailFish

those were wish list characters from the one of the interviewers

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »
However, I hope the females in the future won't succumb to the creepy bug-eyed doll syndrome.
I'd say that only Athena and Yuri of the XII/XIII cast had this problem. I liked in NESTS saga art (and sprite), that Athena had more like "close to adulthood" look rather than "14-16 year old school girl" look that we saw lesser extent in 2003, more in XI and balls to the wall in XII/XIII.

Ralf is much better in XIV so far than he was in XII/XIII. I never liked his "I took some steroids" look. Funny thing, in console version opening of XIII, in the beginning Ralf and Clark look normal, but in the game they look like steroid dudes.

I don't have nothing against Robert's new desing. I think the KOF needs more facial hair anyways (Iori with moustache... hmmm...). . Or I'm more "newer" fan, so I don't care as much what SNK does with characters, compared people who have been fan over twenty years.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2016, 09:58:15 PM »
Kula and K's stripper sister have already succumb to the disease.

Ryuhaku Todoh, Mr. Big, Temjin, and Karman Cole already fill that facial hair category in Art of Fighting.

Richard Meyer, Tung Fu Rue, Big Bear (Raiden), Jubei Yamada, Cheng Sinzan, Laurence Blood, Krauser, Franco Bash, Touji Sakata (Wild Ambition), and Marco Rodriguez (Mark of the Wolves) fill that category in Fatal Fury.

Heavy D!, Chang, Chin, Rugal, Saisyu Kusanagi, Goenitz, Ramon, Seth, Clone Zero, Duke (Maximum Impact), Gustav Munchausen (EX 2: Howling Blood) fill that category in King of Fighters.

Hell, even the original Ralf in Ikari Warriors artwork sported a mustache.

Why Robert had to be compromised I have no idea. There is no reason for him to look like Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:52:18 AM by TrueOrochi »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
Best Robert is fat Robert.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »
Gato Ray posted some footage from the TGS demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45W85kor0Q

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2016, 10:32:32 PM »
Gato Ray posted some footage from the TGS demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45W85kor0Q

Andy's dp... Does it have faster start-up? When he traded with Iori's f+A or far C, his dp still launch Iori in the air.