Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343268 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
:)

A release date would be really helpful too.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »
Apparently we got a huge picture on the home page, that has close-ups of characters.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kula looks okay, Robert looks handsome Andy looks bit weird, Kyo and Iori have same face, Billy looks like Billy and he is wearing proper outfit this time, Chang seems to be serious rather than goofy, King is good (my favorite lady :)) and Leona is okay.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2016, 12:39:08 PM »
All look great in these portraits. Can't wait to see King's gameplay. I hope to see something new instead of exactly the same moveset that she had in XIII... I know it won't happen but I would love to have her '98 moveset. Mirage Kick > pure love
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:42:28 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2016, 02:19:26 AM »
Oh man, I can't believe this biweekly release of information, I cannot think of any developers that have kept their audience in the loop this much. To think that by the end of this week, we will know almost everything about how those 3 play and have a few more revealed.

Loving the art style. Bloom, Billy, and King look better than ever before. Only gripe is that King will not be able to pass for a man with lipstick and a new haircut, but I guess it was time for a change.

Kind of strange that the official website is stuck in 2015, but I am very grateful for the news.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49:25 AM »
"Only gripe is that King will not be able to pass for a man with lipstick and a new haircut, but I guess it was time for a change."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:02 PM »
Only gripe is that King will not be able to pass for a man with lipstick and a new haircut, but I guess it was time for a change.

Well many years have passed since AOF1, everyone sort of knows already :P

The new look makes her look more mature and classy, I like.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2016, 06:16:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtzuUWN9zg&feature=youtu.be

New teaser with Terry, Clark, Maxima, and tizoc the T-Rex.

I think Terry is wild wolf in this one. He did the wild wolf power charge in the teaser.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:26:12 PM by Amedø310 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2016, 06:34:10 PM »
Oh yeah!!

Maxima's new suit is nice update. Tizoc the T-Rex was bit odd, but what is manlier than piledriving T-Rex? Terry's new suit is good middle ground between classic and Garou. As I said earlier, Billy has cool outfit, but he sounded bit weird. Clark looks nice too, like everyman Duke Nukem. This Benimaru's victory pose is like what I've always wanted him to do.

I want to watch it again XD
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »
Oh man, oh man, oh man! I just keep getting more hyped with every trailer!

Dino Tizoc (if that's who he really is) really surprised me. I wonder what other surprises are in store.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »
Well, a lot of stuff in this new trailer.
I liked Maxima. Not sure about Terry and Clark. I really like new Robert and Billy, and I don't really like Angel at all. King of Dinosaurs.. LOL. Is he really Tizoc? It sounds like him.
It's me or the game is looking a bit uglier than previous trailers? It has more vibrant colors, but volumes look flat. Something is wrong with its illumination. Backgrounds are still a bit lifeless.

Loving new King's Climax! C'mon SNKP, show me Mai!
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »
4 veterans are returning, eh? KoD sounds like Tizoc, but for all we know, could be recycled voice clips for no reason. But I'm sure it should be Tizoc. Leak list is sounding more true every day.

Was so shocked at seeing KoD ._.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2016, 07:52:41 PM »
That is Tizoc. He does his grab, Justice Hurricane. The red and white color scheme is a strong hint.

Think of Raiden and Big Bear in the Fatal Fury Series and KOF XIII.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:00:08 PM by Amedø310 »

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Cool new church stage reminiscent of FF7, I just hope the chandelier swings a little.

Andy looks more human now, but his brother did not fare well in the redesign department either (clipping galore).

I guess Clark is channeling his inner Curtis Striker... I hope he brought the nightstick.

But seriously, when did Playmore make a deal with Universal Picturess for a Jurassic Park cameo?

Nice to see they ditched the Kyo and Iori bromance in the trailer. If only they could ditch NeoGeo Land theme...

Also, if Maxima ditched the mutton chops he could pass for an Arnold Schwarzenegger stunt double. His look is awful otherwise.

They should really look into adding an extra frame of recovery after an attack, changing the distance between the eyes for some characters, and classic costumes.

50 - (kyo+iori+leona+chang+andy+kula) - (stripper{a.k.a. Angel}+king+billy+ralf) - (k+benimaru+bloom{a.k.a. Robert impersonator}) - (dino+cyborg+clark+terry) = 33 remaining
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:46:18 PM by TrueOrochi »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »
@TrueOrochi, thanks for editing that # of characters revealed. Math wasn't adding up. And I hope others won't be confused as I was about your nicknaming Robert as (Orlando) Bloom or Angel as Stripper (made me think there was a new character I'd missed).

Liked this new trailer a lot. Obviously K.O.D. was the most interesting; like Raiden in XIII, I kind of hope he gets a chance to sport the old Tizoc outfit too, even though his moves seem specifically Dino-centric. Was really hoping for Garou Terry, but seems like they've found middle ground. Maxima and Clark were expected, but nice to see. Will take some getting used to for Maxima's new look. King looks a lot better for me in this latest trailer though, and I hope that illuminated "thank you" is a taunt, but I'd take it as a winpose.

Overall, things are very much improving, and I'm looking forward to the next trailer and the next time it's playable.

Oh, and does Kula Lay Spin animation look different than it was before to anyone else?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2016, 09:36:15 PM »
Gameplay and characters I'm loving what I'm seeing, I just hope the backgrounds eventually get some spectators. Tizoc looks like he's getting a heel persona, Terry's new jacket (Get in the Ring), finally a peak at Angel's moves, and more awesome rolled into a little under 2 minutes.

Only things that bothered me were the lack of spectators in the stages as I mentioned before, and (What I assume were) the prefight intro animations for K and King. King's looks fine I'm just reminded of Cammy's SFV intro, but was K waking up expecting to fight? For a guy who supposedly dislikes the KOF tournaments to be sleeping at the fight venue, sounds like something an excited child who's going to Disneyland the next day might suggest "We're going tomorrow, let's go tonight sleep outside the gates so we can be the first ones in."