Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343357 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #465 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Nice trailer. Tizoc with t Rex head and tail is an excuse to give him biting and tail moves to his repertoire, that's cool.

Anybody notice k! Eins trigger second shell follow up seemed instant. You cannot see the eins trigger come out, I'm sure they will fix it.

Maxima seems really fast too :)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 18, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
Also if that list is true we won't have Yuri this time around, or is it Takuma. Leaker only specified the team, not which version (I have a feeling Yuri would be in as she has near perfect attendance for KOFs (damn you XII) while Takuma has missed out on a few).
There's that suposed leaked list where it says that Yuri is in AoF team. So we won't have Takuma this time, it seems.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 18, 2016, 08:33:16 PM »
I hope this leak is partially incorrect.

Alice on women fighter's team would likely be a throw-away character or lame Lucky clone. Kasumi or Blue Mary would be a better fit.

Kim is a master himself, so it would not make sense to have an older master and the master's young wife would be out of place. It could just have been a redesign for Jhae Hoon and either Chae Lim or May Lee.

I have always despised Ramon and would have preferred Krauser, Raiden, Ivan Sokolov, or even Shermie to replace him on the wrestler team. Hell even Maximum Impact Duke would have a more notable presence.

The prisoner on the fugitive team sounds interesting, but Choi would likely be as obnoxious as ever...

Tung Fu Rue paired with one of the Jin siblings and a possessed youth (emo?) sounds interesting.

The Chinese team sounds like a granddaughter of Lee (AoF), Assassin's Creed Lin, and more idol trash.

South Town team may just have a redesigned Yamazaki with Geese and Billy.

South America team is definitely all new with Black Belt Jiu Jitsu guy (ninja?), boxer with prosthetic arm (cyborg?), and eye candy...

Pachinko team with Nakoruru, Love Heart, and Miu Miu sounds like pure horse manure. However, the Russian billionaire sounds like a formidable character.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 19, 2016, 12:47:43 AM »

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 19, 2016, 01:20:24 AM »
We know, it was the main topic of conversation for the last two pages.

Thanks for the comprehensive link.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:25:02 AM by TrueOrochi »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 19, 2016, 02:37:48 AM »
anyone given any thought as to whose initials the logo could be for?

https://twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/700076589019742208

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 19, 2016, 08:21:22 AM »
Anybody notice k! Eins trigger second shell follow up seemed instant. You cannot see the eins trigger come out, I'm sure they will fix it.
I just watched the teaser again, and yeah ... the eins trigger does show up but it looks like he cancels out before it hits even. I'm not much of a K' player but maybe this will open him up for easier corner combos like his 02um version had, or maybe he can more easily catch characters in combos before they get pushed too far. I don't know, just speculation.

@TrueOrochi
I too hope the list isn't completely true. I'm hoping if it is true they can pull off the story so that it doesn't feel too forced or contrived, but that seems incredibly difficult if they want to include Nakoruru. Maybe the list was a legitimate leak of a primary character list and has since changed. We don't know and only time will tell.

I'm still hoping for some footage of people experimenting with Max Mode, Quick Max, EX moves, and Rush. I'm probably gonna drop that hint each time I post just before any of this games showings on the off chance that someone at said event sees and grants my wishes, wink.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 19, 2016, 09:42:04 AM »
Seems like there will be no stream for today's C3 at HongKong Sadly. only images and experiences maybe.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 19, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
Billy has a taco, King has the "Illusion Dance" as her Climax, and Robert has lost his Taco so far.

https://twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/700594287281442816

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 19, 2016, 11:33:00 AM »
Graphics comparison between 6 trailers and new menu screens from SNKP twitter account:

! No longer available

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:22:35 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 19, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
Very nice post

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
thanks! ;)

Watching King's move list, is like she has Surprise Rose as DM and Venom Shot (her XIII's NeoMax) as SDM.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:23:41 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2016, 02:30:14 PM »
she lost the ability to air fireball so that could make up for it.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 19, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
True, no air Venom Strike this time. And it looks like she lost Double Strike as well, or maybe it's EX version of Venom Strike..

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 19, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
True, no air Venom Strike this time. And it looks like she lost Double Strike as well, or maybe it's EX version of Venom Strike..
Very likely. The Ex versions so far have not only been stronger version of their non-ex selves, but also have different properties sometimes. For example andys's Fireball.