Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343414 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
King sure looks slim... Not only waist, overall. More lady-like. Not a huge fan of desing, but not bad at all.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »
Hopefully they will invite some top players to show the game proper.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2016, 08:59:15 PM »
I wonder who will do musics for XIV? I know one person won't do all the tracks for the game, but who will be in charge?

I thought XIII soundtrack was little bit underwhelming. Not that it was bad or anything (certainly better what other fighters offered at the time), but there wasn't that "awesome" factor. Sure I have some favorites, like "Purity Soldiers", "Tame a Bad Boy" and "The One Who Rules Time", but I'd rather listen B-side soundtrack.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2016, 09:56:26 PM »
I thought the KOF XIII soundtrack was above average for KOF. It wasn't one of the best of all time but easily one of the better ones.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2016, 10:53:35 PM »
I thought the KOF XIII soundtrack was above average for KOF. It wasn't one of the best of all time but easily one of the better ones.
do you mean the combination of side a and b or just the XIII ones

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2016, 11:44:38 PM »
I would love for KoD to have Muscle Inferno instead of Big Fall.

XIII soundtrack was ok for KOFXI remixes.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »

Just the a side. It reminds me a lot of '00 in that it feels like a remixed soundtrack of XI ('00 was a remix of '99 basically). Do I think it's one of the greatest? No. However it's better then a lot of the soundtracks in the past.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »
Other than Queen and Joker (Liz and Ash XI themes), I much preferred XIII OST. I agree with Bakaboy on XIII OST being above average for KOF. I'm not sure what XIV's soundtrack will be like, but I get the feeling, from what little I've heard, it'll be ok-ish to me, like XII, or what the majority of XI was for me.

As for the next showing of the game in Osaka, besides new characters, I agree with Diavle that they get some pro-players in to show what the game can really do. Or, even better, get some kind of small tournament going if the build is close enough to what's going to be the final product. And also, start detailing some of the mechanics of XIV, for what Just Defend will be, etc.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 27, 2016, 06:43:50 PM »

Just the a side. It reminds me a lot of '00 in that it feels like a remixed soundtrack of XI ('00 was a remix of '99 basically). Do I think it's one of the greatest? No. However it's better then a lot of the soundtracks in the past.
Not the ones before SNK declared bankrupcy...

If XIII was a student in the King of Fighters class, its grade would be a 3/C at best, if it didn't get caught for plagiarism and cheating.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:59:32 PM by TrueOrochi »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 28, 2016, 12:24:58 AM »
If XIII was a student in the King of Fighters class, its grade would be a 3/C at best, if it didn't get caught for plagiarism and cheating.

Funny that you say that because there is actual plagiarism in the kof94 soundtrack aswell as motw (slight side note) and kof94 is imo one of the cooler kof games.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 28, 2016, 02:39:33 AM »
@The Fluke

https://youtu.be/NSKvkksb_ng?t=50s

I'd call it a homage :D

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 28, 2016, 03:53:37 AM »

Funny that you say that because there is actual plagiarism in the kof94 soundtrack aswell as motw (slight side note) and kof94 is imo one of the cooler kof games.

KoF '94 - Jungle Bouncer ~ Faith No More - Surprise, You're Dead!
https://youtu.be/eZ240pW7iHY
https://youtu.be/UyiNQZrbsqU

That is all I could find on the KoF '94 OST. Mark of the Wolves is not a King of Fighters game and is very loosely connected to Fatal Fury, so I do not understand why it is even brought up. Also, KoF XIII unlike '94 has nothing of its own worth acknowledging.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:08:45 AM by TrueOrochi »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 28, 2016, 05:29:03 AM »
Mark of the Wolves is not a King of Fighters game and is very loosely connected to Fatal Fury, so I do not understand why it is even brought up. Also, KoF XIII unlike '94 has nothing of its own worth acknowledging.

How is mark of the wolves "very loosely connected to Fatal Fury"? It is literally the fourth game in the series and i did write "(slight sidenote)" didn't i? Fatal fury is obviously not the same series of games as kof even though the first game is called fatal fury: king of fighters.

You seem awfully negative/defensive.

Anyways, yeah, those songs are the ones i know of aswell so good job both of you.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 28, 2016, 05:36:46 AM »
Not the ones before SNK declared bankrupcy...

Better then '94,'95,'97, and '98 was a copy of past soundtracks.