Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343406 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #615 on: March 10, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
The Good Loser: You don't have a PS4 yet then. I  bought my PS4 from CEX for £215 pound and it now sells for £285, so I'm quite glad I decided to purchase one.

I kind of took a chance, not because I doubt snk, but on the online experience. Hopefully they settle for a rollback netcode. That's what fighting games have to use at the least if they even have a chance of a long term player base.

Regardless at least for now, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:22:21 PM by shinefist »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 10, 2016, 11:52:13 PM »
Old, short Asian men is all I see :P

Glad to have another trailer. Would you guys say this is a good time to start taking that leak seriously?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 11, 2016, 12:23:40 AM »
i dunno about rollback to be honest. even small amounts of teleporting fucks me up. neither sf3 or 5 have done a good job with rollback so far but we'll see what comes. frankly i'd be fine if they just polished the same netcode they used for kof13. i'd also be fine with ggpo built in.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2016, 12:31:12 AM »

Glad to have another trailer. Would you guys say this is a good time to start taking that leak seriously?
I still don't wanna but I've gotta admit it's been spot on so far. I for one am reluctantly caving in and accepting the leak list. From this point any character not on the list will be a pleasant surprise to me. I'm just hoping I get pleasantly surprised.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2016, 01:21:12 AM »

I still don't wanna but I've gotta admit it's been spot on so far. I for one am reluctantly caving in and accepting the leak list. From this point any character not on the list will be a pleasant surprise to me. I'm just hoping I get pleasantly surprised.

The leak has so much vague and straight out unknown information, so it's definitely possible to see a few surprises.

I also recall reading somewhere that leakers will sometimes intentionally mix in false information with real information. Apparently this is done as a measure to not get caught. Whether this is the case with the KOF XIV leak we'll know until the very end.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:23:31 AM by marchefelix »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2016, 01:23:59 AM »
well, it would be nice to not get samsho characters and mary needs a spot!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2016, 04:28:49 AM »

Portrait

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:37:26 PM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »
Day by day it is getting more tempting to buy PS4....

As for the trailer.... Apparently Tung has eyes, different voice actor, "Hulking out" looked great. I could live without Choi in the game and that original outfit was damn ugly. Chin had nice looking outfit, but I'd rather have someone else in Psycho Soldier team.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2016, 09:42:27 AM »
I'm about to go into theory/speculation mode followed by statements of hype levels so for those who aren't interested in that sort, carry on.

I was messing around with air command normals in XIII and a thought occurred, Andy currently has a command in his new air drop dn + D in mid air or during kuuhadan. How is the recovery on the drop? Does he have any air normals that can cancel into dn + D? If so can he hop A dn+ D for some fast mixup pressure? If he cancels kuuhadan into the drop on block is he equal in frames? minus? plus (unlikely)? How many? I realized I had all these questions about a single move for a single character that I don't classically go to when looking for mains.

The more I see about this game the more I wanna take it to the lab for hours on end, and take said lab results for human testing. I know we don't have a release date yet but I'mpatiently waiting for the day I can try this gem. I look forward to the small celebrations when testing succeeds, and even the salt when it fails to bring results. And with 50 characters to experiment with I think I'll be happy for a long, long time, even if I'm not fond of some of their designs (No one in particular yet but I don't think I'll resonate with everyone).

TLDR: I really wanna learn this game inside out, and my hype needs an outlet every now and then.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
I like most of the designs actually and they seem to be building upon movelists aswell as switching clothes and so on. I look forward to seeing what happens to Ryo, Joe and Kim.

I want Ryo to get his flying karate chop back and if i could get something perhaps a bit silly then i'd like to get air fireballs for him again. It could perhaps be nice if Joes slash kick acted more like in 98 in wich he kind of pulls back after connecting. Kim would probably be more fun to play if he got some of his old moves back. He is rather boring to play in 13 sadly.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »
Nice trailer! My hype boooils xDD

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
ottomatic: With Andy I should think if you do kuuhadan on block and cancel into d+D, it depends on the height of the cancel. If you cancel d+D on a tall characters head, I should imagine you would be minus frames. Whilst cancelling it mid torso would make Andy even or possibly plus frames.

If you use Andy's break on hit, then run up then attack into kuuhadan d+D, you could in theory perform a mix up if you cancel d+D early enough. Although i don't know how effective this will be in a match as you can see it coming.

Maybe if you can d+D cancel the EX kuuhadan it could be more effective?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »
If you use Andy's break on hit, then run up then attack into kuuhadan d+D, you could in theory perform a mix up if you cancel d+D early enough. Although i don't know how effective this will be in a match as you can see it coming.

Don't forget, Andy still has his BD break which essentially makes kuuhadan a launcher. If he does have a cancelable air normal he can potentially kuuhadan, BD break, jump normal for reset, cancel to d + D, then run for possible cross under shenanigans. Then there's always super jump from far d + D to bait anti-airs for full punish. I can also see hop + A, d + D, cr + B being a scrub killer if it works, but then again hops are scrub killers in general anyway.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »

Don't forget, Andy still has his BD break which essentially makes kuuhadan a launcher. If he does have a cancelable air normal he can potentially kuuhadan, BD break, jump normal for reset, cancel to d + D, then run for possible cross under shenanigans. Then there's always super jump from far d + D to bait anti-airs for full punish. I can also see hop + A, d + D, cr + B being a scrub killer if it works, but then again hops are scrub killers in general anyway.

I never considered that, break then air attack into d+D. That would lead to so much BS lol

If he can d+D after air normals, the reset you mentioned about the cross under would be a great mixup.

Even combos like air attack then d+D into db~f+P or climax attack would be really effective.

Or even Max activate, EX hishoken,hopehadan d+D early to incase they roll, if they jump the kuuhadan will hit.

Just Andy using jump D pressure then using the d+D so they whiff anti airs is a strong tactic.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 11, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »
Updated leak info:

Last guy on the prisoners team is the leader, mature and vice still have their suits, mature doesnt have her eyepatch.

The hooded man is related to the XIII ending, so possibly someone from those of the past?

This is the ending btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhTlmtyk7Y&feature=youtu.be&t=36m19s
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:04:55 PM by The Good Loser »