Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343645 times)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #630 on: March 11, 2016, 10:24:39 PM »
The hooded man is related to the XIII ending, so possibly someone from those of the past?

This is the ending btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhTlmtyk7Y&feature=youtu.be&t=36m19s

From the leaker and john stuff, if it's one of those from the past they couldn't have been named yet so Shroom, Rimelo, Botan, and Mukai are out. From that pic, there are four potential characters left. But without any character traits aside from looks to go on it's difficult to root for any of them specifically.

@shinefist
Andy's d + D is kinda a divekick with out the kick, but that he can do it off his kuuhadan gives it additional potential shenanigans over your typical dive kick. I see a lot of lab time ahead of me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:17:03 AM by ottomatic »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2016, 02:29:30 AM »
Could andys air break in Kof XIV be used like his 2k2UM shenanigans? does it have a hitbox if he does it point blank like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DILD_FCWOw

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2016, 02:32:59 AM »
Could andys air break in Kof XIV be used like his 2k2UM shenanigans? does it have a hitbox if he does it point blank like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DILD_FCWOw

Nope, it's just like his break from XIII except now you can do it in the air as well. It itself is not an attack.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:36:58 AM by Diavle »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2016, 03:09:18 AM »
I'm going  to go on a leap here and say that you can play mind games then similiar to the ones wth hitbox but more on par to Clark's armor grab shenanigans in XIII (depending on the recovery).

I like this implementation.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:17:11 AM by The Good Loser »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »
Whelp, just read over some old posts and realized that Andy's jump d + D is only possible on full jumps, so that scratches off all hop ideas. Still looks like an interesting tool to explore.

I also watched the 7th trailer again and looked at the pics released and saw Chin's drunk only super in there. Seeing as characters are reported to have 2 supers and a climax, does that mean his flame breath is climax? I guess that makes the most sense if he mostly retains his XIII moveset, but I was hoping it was just a super again.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2016, 09:56:15 AM »
Upon current observation this is how you recognise DM levels.

DM - has blue flash effect and no camera zoom

SDM - has blue flash and camera zoom

Climax - has gold colourful flash and a longer camera zoom with added effects or even more camera angles to make them more dramatic.

In trailer 7 we see all the characters with the blue flash and character zoom. So I think they are SDM's. The problem is we don't see them, we only see the flash.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
It's been spreading like wildfire so if you haven't seen it already here is the latest leak:

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 15, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »
I do not like the roster at all. So many wasted slots. So many old playstyles still missing. Antonov, Master Wife, and Hooded Man would have to be amazing to make me purchase this abomination.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 15, 2016, 07:51:10 PM »
That roster looks fantastic. So much variety and love the focus on new characters (12 alone are brand new).

Can't wait to see their trailers.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 15, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
I guess this is kinda nice roster when it comes to new and crossover characters, but personally I would make few changes to stantard teams (for example, switch Andy to someone else!!!)

Is this new way of generating hype, by leaking everything game has to offer, before even release date is annoucned? Is this approved by SNK or is there some person in the ranks who is doing this....
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 15, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
It's an unapproved leak of course and I'm sure SNK is super disappointed with it.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 15, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Looks like they're going ham on new characters to make up for the lack of in the last game. I always welcome new concepts.

wasted slots

Coming from the Smash fanbase myself, I find this phrase to be both hilarious and stupid.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 15, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
@Diavle I'm guessing your not counting the bosses or the pachinko girls. To be fair though they haven't been playable in a format that hasn't relied on balls. I kinda feel Alice and Nakoruru should swap places so it can be a team that started from pachinko.

@TrueOrochi Judging based solely on appearances, and only those small images at that... for shame. We have no clue how these characters will play. For all we know some of these characters will break archetypal stereotypes, the boxer character could be an extreme zoner, ninja Zorro could end up a grappler, Bluebeard McNoeyelids could play similarly to one of those styles you're assuming is not in the game. Let them officially reveal before you start smack talking characters that you've only seen a potential character select portrait for. I miss some characters too (Yamazaki and Kasumi come to mind) but I've moved on. If you're honestly saying "I can't find a team I enjoy playing" when there are 19600 combinations to choose from, before we've even seen them all in action, then sit this one out. Maybe XV will be more your scene.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »
@Ottomatic

Yeah only mentioned the brand new characters. Overall there are:

12 brand new characters
5 characters new to the series
2 brand new bosses
31 returning characters

That a very solid mix.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
It's an unapproved leak of course and I'm sure SNK is super disappointed with it.
Hard to say, at least SNK hasn't tried to cover up any of the leaks.

Seems like XIV is going to so much better than XIII when it comes to roster. I like certain characters more than others (King, Ramon, Duck King), but it depends on a game do I like to play them. I like King in 2003, XI and XIII, but I don't like her in 98UM (normal one, not EX). When it comes to newcomers, I'm looking forward to South American team. Final Boss looks like he/she is like some race from Mass Effect....
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?