Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343265 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #660 on: March 16, 2016, 01:04:01 PM »
Those new character designs look interesting. I don't mind if the leak is real, we don't know how they play or anything about them. Also the odds are that some characters get older play styles similar to other characters who didn't make the roster.

Who is that on Southtown team, ripper, hopper or someone totally new?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 16, 2016, 01:42:45 PM »
I guess third Southtown team member is new. I hope he/she is badass.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 16, 2016, 02:37:58 PM »
I'm so excited for this game. Not only i think the roster is solid, with a great mix between classic-can't-miss-the-game characters, long absent ones and new faces, but i think it will badass in therms of gameplay and fun. 50 characters, new story, a lot of new and fresh playstyles..
Characters that interest me more: Chinese mask woman, Latin in yellow girl, Brazilian ninja, Kim's Team's woman,
Geese butler, Chang and Choi companion, Hooded misterious man.
Characters that I think I will dislike: Alice, big blue eyes girl in Official Invitation team.

i can't wait to see more revealing trailers and see all those characters in-game.

PD: Oh, hello Mai. I missed you  :) :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 16, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »
PlayStation Arena in korea on the 20th march is the next playtest. Don't know f we will get a trailer this week because of the playtest.

Please show more info about the game system and combos. The characters look very cool, but I'm more interested in how the game is at its core in this stage in development.

@Solidshark, I'm sure if kof XIV is a success. SNK would have all the info they need about 3d game production to create a solid line up of previous SNK titles, never mind samurai shodown.

@custle, Something about the pic reminds me of Oswald, maybe because the character looks looks tall and slender.

@Shiranui_ninja, Amen to that brother, cannot wait to see these new characters in action. Demon boy and the other on Chinese team look interesting, the one with ear phones on I think.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:14:23 PM by shinefist »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 16, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
The South Town guy reminds me of Walter from Hellsing.

(Time to talk out of my ass:)
I want him to be young Oswald. SNK retcons old Oswald who actually from the future. Time Boss is Mukai and Magaki fused as a side effect of Saiki being erased from existence. Mature and Vice come back into life or never died in the first place. Rock never left Geese. Yamazaki came to Orochi's influence and died in 97 like the rest of the kings. SNK should just retcon more things than Kim not training Chang and Chio. Although, the time lord could have something against Chang for having "ZA WARUDO!!!" and personally decide to stop him from achieving Stairway to Heaven.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
The Korean showing would be perfect for the Korean team reveal, or just Kim at the very least.

Though the chances of that happening might not be good since they have already revealed 3 characters this month.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 16, 2016, 05:50:54 PM »
Yes, we already got a trailer this month, with 3 reveals. I don't see having a new trailer this week, or this month, with new reveals... Unfortunately. And since SNKP is not talking at all about Playstation Arena, I have the feeling that it will be same build of Taipei GS.

I was thinking that next month SNKP will show the game in Japan and it could be a good moment to reveal some japanese iconic characters. Like Mai, Athena, Goro, Joe, Yuri, Ryo.. but to be honest, they never revealed characters according to the location where they go :/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:54:57 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 16, 2016, 07:43:20 PM »
I'd like to see some newcomers in the next trailer, especially from South American team. Maybe they'll start with characters that are in the same team as returning characters, like that creepy guy from Chang's and Choi's team.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 16, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »
So has anyone seen this yet?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 16, 2016, 11:48:34 PM »
 Hope we get more info this showing, and not just coincidentally like when we found out about advanced cancel. I hope we get some solid game mechanic info, if not from SNK themselves then some kind player recording vids at least. I have my doubts we'll get more than a new trailer (if that), but I have dreams and hopes for large info dumps of mechanics.

Looking at potential Nakoruru ideas, she may have a get out of jail card to play. If she has healing, can cancel it, and it's cancelled recovery isn't bad. This is of course assuming a number of variables, but that potentially gives her an equivalent to SFIV's FADC, which may or may not be worth it if healing is her Climax (or if she gets healing at all). Just something to ponder.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 17, 2016, 12:27:19 AM »
So has anyone seen this yet?

Yep. Was mentioned a few pages ago.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2016, 12:34:01 AM »
It'd be nice to see a hybrid Slash/Bust version, but I'm really expecting her to be very basic and traditional, with Mamahaha.

OT, but I wonder if her in KOF will be a small test for SamSho in-general. One can dream.

Responding to your OT, this could be a great hidden idea if SNKP had this in mind. There were those rumors about a new Samsho and if they use this Kof as a testing base for other IP's (as well as a possible new KOF sometime in the future, think XII and XIII) this could be a great opportunity.

KofXIV might be a continuation of the story saga, but it is a fresh game for the current crew who orginally were part of Fatal Fury Art of Fighting and KoF 94 i think. Let's just give them support for the future even those who are displeased with this game itself if they ever liked anything SNK put out and wish the best for the future.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:38 AM »
Since there is a tournament for XIV coming up not too far into the future (i think april?) The event before should release some huge bits of information to get the participants started and battle ready to some degree of what to expect.

With that said, if the Seoul event at PSArena is the last one before the tourney:

Realistic: Mechanics run down, Just defend, list of the playable characters and move lists of the roster for the tournament, some playtesting and an interview.

Unrealistic / What i wish for: Since it's Seoul in Korea, some showings of the Kim team would be awesome, or other character teasers kind of like they do at the end of Killer Instinct trailers sometimes where its ambigous as to which it could be. They wouldn't even have to show anything visually at the end of the current trailer just tweak it the ending where the Ps4 logo hits and let "Seoul Road" song hit for a bit or something.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2016, 08:46:56 AM »
Hope we get more info this showing, and not just coincidentally like when we found out about advanced cancel. I hope we get some solid game mechanic info, if not from SNK themselves then some kind player recording vids at least. I have my doubts we'll get more than a new trailer (if that), but I have dreams and hopes for large info dumps of mechanics.

Since there is a tournament for XIV coming up not too far into the future (i think april?) The event before should release some huge bits of information to get the participants started and battle ready to some degree of what to expect.

With that said, if the Seoul event at PSArena is the last one before the tourney:

Realistic: Mechanics run down, Just defend, list of the playable characters and move lists of the roster for the tournament, some playtesting and an interview.

Unrealistic / What i wish for: Since it's Seoul in Korea, some showings of the Kim team would be awesome, or other character teasers kind of like they do at the end of Killer Instinct trailers sometimes where its ambigous as to which it could be. They wouldn't even have to show anything visually at the end of the current trailer just tweak it the ending where the Ps4 logo hits and let "Seoul Road" song hit for a bit or something.

I agree with nearly all of the above. Assuming the leak is completely legitimate, the next best thing to surprise us with is the systems and how characters will use them. Still really hoping JD is in, with or without life regain. At whatever tournament or showing is possible, I wonder what a matchup of a veteran player vs one of the devs could go.

And when it gets shown in Seoul, I'd just take Kim, but I'd hope the whole team would get it's trailer then, definitely with Seoul Road or a remix (since it's a team of masters, it'd be cool if it had a "In Spite of One's Age" Old Masters team from '98 vibe). It would be the first non-mixed, official team showcased in trailers.

The ambiguous character teasers idea doesn't sound bad, but I get the feeling it's something we'd pick up on easily.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 17, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »
New images of the day and NEW TRAILER COMING!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
A New Teaser Trailer is going to be revealed soon! Stey tuned!!  #KOF14 #KOFXIV