Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343292 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #765 on: March 24, 2016, 09:47:26 PM »
Luong will be hard for me to resist putting on my day 1 team, she looks like a total badass.

"Luong's Frankensteiner makes me worried for Clark's."

I also don't get why people would think a new character having a move an old character had means the old character won't have it anymore.

It's less Clark's Frankensteiner and more Shermie's throw.

It's actually almost exactly like Shermie's throw.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 24, 2016, 09:55:31 PM »

Oh. Well then...

I don't get why people would think a new character is replacing an old one just because they have the same fighting style. It's possible for both to coexist and KOF has proved that before.
I was meaning that Nelson seemed to have similar style when compared to Vanessa. Now that I've had more time think and watch the trailer more, he seemed more like Heavy D!, but still different. That's why I don't like to talk about gameplay, because my knowledge isn't that good. I like to focus on aesthetics.

SNK has been good at keeping characters fresh (few exceptions here and there) and XIV has done good job. I'm liking Iori's new design so much more than his classic look. Kyokugens all feel so different.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 24, 2016, 10:50:03 PM »
We've only seen one kyokugen character so far? Or have i missed something? It would be cool if they snuck a surprise Butt in there.

I like Nelson and stance switching with the sf-juri/tekken-lili hybrid could be interesting. Athena seems to do what Athena does so if she's more fun in this game than in 13 i might spend more time with her.

I too think that things are shaping up. They release trailers every other week with new characters and there's always something to be happy about.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 24, 2016, 11:22:42 PM »
We've only seen one kyokugen character so far? Or have i missed something? It would be cool if they snuck a surprise Butt in there.

People who don't get that reference are probably looking forward to something else now xD

Here's you're suprise Butt!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 24, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »
Yaay!

I'm curious about how she's going to play because i think any similarities between her and Juri are probably going to prove to be superficial.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 24, 2016, 11:57:11 PM »
Yaay!

I'm curious about how she's going to play because i think any similarities between her and Juri are probably going to prove to be superficial.

I don't get why people compare her to Juri when Juri is the clone of Vice and Joline?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 25, 2016, 12:20:21 AM »
I don't get why people compare her to Juri when Juri is the clone of Vice and Joline?

People are always gonna compare characters with any form of similarity. As long as there a link, they will see comparisons. Right now my comparisons are drawn closer to Yama, Moriya, or perhaps even Gouken, rather than Juri. But Luong is both female and a practitioner of TKD, so the first thought for plenty of people is to compare to the most recent character to fit that criteria, Juri.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 25, 2016, 01:08:54 AM »
It's about the exagerated stance. Kim has a traditional tkd stance. Yuri and this new kof character use the same exagerated stance so thats your link between the two.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:14 AM »
She hold's a one wing stance like Jhun or Sarah Bryant from VF (and I'm fairly certain that stance is her attack), but no one compares luong to either of them just Juri.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 25, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »
It's about the exagerated stance. Kim has a traditional tkd stance. Yuri and this new kof character use the same exagerated stance so thats your link between the two.

Yea if anything than it's jhun's (to whom she might be a master too).

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:44 AM »
Sarah Bryant usually uses a sidestance, but yeah, good point about her and especially Jhun. However, neither of them are popular characters to most of the fgc so Juri trumps them, she is what most people will go to.

Come to think of it, i never liked Jhun and i don't like Juri either. I think that stance is generally offputting to me.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 25, 2016, 03:10:54 AM »
She hold's a one wing stance like Jhun or Sarah Bryant from VF (and I'm fairly certain that stance is her attack), but no one compares luong to either of them just Juri.

It's not just the stance. They have a similar vibe. Sensual yet sadistic. Luong may not end up being like that but that's certainly the impression a lot of people get from her.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:44 AM »
I'll concede. I personally feel that Mature and Vice fill that sensual and sadistic vibe more, but I can see the sentiments in Luong's moves (particularly the end of what I think is a ranbu type super, twist that foot girl).

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 25, 2016, 07:06:40 AM »
Well, Nelson and Luong are probably going to get at least some playtime from most players, including me. As a Jhun player, I hope Luong is a good stance character. And while I like Vanessa and Heavy D! like seemingly everybody else, I very much welcome Nelson in the line of SNK boxers. Love what I see so far, and one of the best designs I've seen for a FG boxer (tire tracks on his gloves). One day will get a good pugilisim team (Vanessa/Heavy D!/Nelson/Michael Max/Rick Stroud/Franco Bash/Axel Hawk/Rob Python - any combination of this will due for me).

Athena's looking ok to me. I definitely got the Frieza vibe from her big fireball too. If we get DLC costumes for the characters, I wonder how many Athena will have.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:16:36 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 25, 2016, 07:58:21 AM »
@solidshark you forgot Rob Python from Bukiri One. But then again, everyone forgets Bukiri One.