Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343582 times)

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #855 on: March 31, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 31, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »
One really does wonder what was SNK thinking when they briefly decided to show off Joe without formally revealing him.

Maybe it was a goof? Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened elsewhere. Sakurai briefly showed Ganondorf in one of his pre-release Smash directs.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 31, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »
They were clearly trolling.

Most of that trailer was.

It's also April 1st in Japan right now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:50:44 PM by Diavle »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 31, 2016, 07:54:21 PM »
Maybe this was an early April's fools joke?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:50 PM »
Well I don't think anyone predicted a two character showcase and a stealth reveal (except maybe Geese, he predicts just about everything). Dumb jokes aside, I'm glad to see both of the showcases. Geese with full projectiles, OTG throw, overhead, and counters. Ryo being Ryo, I haven't seen anything he didn't have in his XIII version, but these haven't shown full move sets so the jury is still out on that. For Joe ... At least we know he's still got his slide.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 31, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
Joe also seems to have a nice design refresh.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
They were clearly trolling.

Most of that trailer was.

It's also April 1st in Japan right now.

Maybe this was an early April's fools joke?

I was going to ask if that even is a thing in Japan, but other people have let me know that it is.

So yeah... I guess that's it.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »
Joe also seems to have a nice design refresh.

Glad that joe is a little beefier, much like his wild ambition version, he was way to skinny in XII & XIII.

They never showed Ryo's high/low parry's, they define and make him a much more interesting character, not to mention his corner pressure with them is excelled tremendously. I hope he returns with them.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:55 PM »
GEESE. YES. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/P3ALwKeSEYs/maxresdefault.jpg

I'm kind of surprised they showed him now, thought they'll do it at EVO or something.

I really, REALLY liked this trailer, my only real complaint is the use of "predictable" instead of old and simple "haha" or "too easy", sound simpler and works better. I mean, they can add both also.

And yeah, most likely Joe was there just to be there to be.. well, Joe.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 31, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »
They never showed Ryo's high/low parry's, they define and make him a much more interesting character, not to mention his corner pressure with them is excelled tremendously. I hope he returns with them.

Hopefully Ryo has his parries improved from 13 because while they help his offense, they are both harder and riskier to use than similar moves from other characters. I'm quite certain that Ryos parries count as normals and thus have 4 activation frames. Make them activate like specials (after 1 frame) and they'll be much better for defensive use.

Ryo didn't actually have parries in 98 btw. It's not as big a part of him as one could think. More important to me right now is for him to get his jumping karate chop back because that move is sweet. And his old far B since his current s.B is pretty much pointless and the far variation would give him a great poke. I also hope that if they add his old far D, they make it significantly faster than in 98 because otherwise i'd have to consider that a big nerf. They can just skip the far D imo because he's got something good going for him with his current s.D.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 31, 2016, 10:22:22 PM »
Ryo's far B from 02 is greatly needed as a poke in XIV. Also his low D sweep from XIII had good range, hope they make it special cancellable. I hope he also gains his qcb+P 02um counter punch, as its not bad if you get a good read on when they use their ground strong attacks.

I see what you mean about the close D, its really good. Its used so often in XIII that you don't ever want a new crappy far laggy D coming out in XIV if you miss space it.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 31, 2016, 10:52:41 PM »
2 things I hope Ryo keeps from XIII: Stand D being what it was in XIII, and fwd+A being super cancelable. I just want those 2 left as is, I'd be fine with other tweaks I just want those tools left the same.

I'm curious about how they'll handle EX moves for Geese, will he have an all level counter? Quad shippukens ala Nightmare Geese? A double reppuken that fires twice? All the characters playable up to this point have had EX variations on all their moves except for Billy's HCF+AC (it appears as it's own move and has an EX follow up) and Kyo's aragami chain due to it's overlapping inputs (and I feel certain that Kyo's is just like XIII EX Kyo where he does EX dokugami first than can continue with the EX with an aragami chain).

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 31, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »
I'm sure Joe's cameo was a reference to his fight with Krauser in the 2nd Fatal Fury Animated Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikbCaFR2nuQ&feature=youtu.be&t=78

Ryo's Far D will make a return. He has close A. He would be too busted in term of spacing if he has close D as just a cancelable D button.

Damn. Geese countered Andy's Climax. lol.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:51:17 PM by Amedø310 »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2016, 12:06:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/oWarlock360o/status/715656201657270273

Anyone got any ideas for the last move? Upgraded Ryo moveset? or Maybe Mr karate ryo?

Here's the scene homage and possibly background or music too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F-pab-VA20&feature=youtu.be&t=13m4s

Also, 14 Predictabos's for KoF 14!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:13:35 AM by The Good Loser »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »
Man, that brought back memories (or nightmares) of SNK Boss Syndrome Geese Howard. Agree with all the online comments on how whoever made this 10th trailer knows what Geese has put many of us through. Nice to know he can damn-near counter everything thrown at him too.

Ryo is seems very much his XIII self. Still miss his old '96 stance, but at least he's for sure still a strong character.

And Joe getting worse than that Wolfgang Krauser treatment. Funny stuff, but hope to see more.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995