Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343737 times)

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2016, 02:06:01 AM »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2016, 03:55:31 AM »
It just came to me that Geese might have an overhead that hard knockdowns which he can OTG grab his opponent just like Daimon 98. I really hope Daimon gets his overhead back.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2016, 05:55:37 AM »
It just came to me that Geese might have an overhead that hard knockdowns which he can OTG grab his opponent just like Daimon 98. I really hope Daimon gets his overhead back.

Hopefully Goro gets his counters back aswell. In 98 um fe, ex Ryos overhead knocks down aswell though neither version gets to combo after a chained overhead sadly so i'm with you on that Ottomatic. On the other hand, super cancels are "free" aren't they? d.C qcf.A is better on block than d.C f.A and has better reach and with that is just more reliable. If d.C qcf.A hcb.P works then he will have no need for d.C f.A qcf.hcb.P. I wonder if i'd prefer a super cancelable overhead or one that knocks down though.. I'm thinking knockdown for the feel of it.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2016, 07:49:45 AM »
I have only one nitpick about Ryo's desing. His model still has this "raging maniac" look that he had in XIII.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 01, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »
@ottomatic I noticed billys hcf+A+C EX and follow up is its own move also!

Ryo also combos from his close A into qcf+A. Does this suggest he can combo his cA and far A into qcf+A? this would be very beneficial for him. Not to mention cB, cA, qcf+A, qcf,hcb+A+C.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 01, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »
I have only one nitpick about Ryo's desing. His model still has this "raging maniac" look that he had in XIII.

My only complain is hat he is still not the old black gi bearded Ryo. Kind of missing a good upgrade SNK.

And btw, don't know if the "lets put Joe there been smashed for the shenanigans" is true or not. Given that is china and not SNK the one developing the game I'm having this minuscule feeling sometimes that the game is not completely canon somehow. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:20:35 AM by Arkayruz »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 01, 2016, 08:48:41 AM »
Ryo also combos from his close A into qcf+A. Does this suggest he can combo his cA and far A into qcf+A? this would be very beneficial for him. Not to mention cB, cA, qcf+A, qcf,hcb+A+C.

The thing that gets to me is during that combo he slides forward suggesting that it was actually qcf+C, but I don't believe that would be a true combo. We don't have a combo counter during these vids so we all assume they are combos, but what if they aren't? If they gave Ryo that tool then he's probably a lot stronger in his ground pressure than he has been, but right now we only know they showed him hitting qcf+p after St.A.

On f+A for Ryo: I'd prefer it doesn't knockdown because of the potential quick max uses it gets if it doesn't. I've been experimenting using XIII (decent base for experiments due to HD activation slide and access to EX moves), keeping in mind no extra cancelability during Max mode in XIV. Ryo with meter can safely use overhead to get into pressure on block via f+A, quick max, Cr.B, St.A, qcf+AC. If this successfully hits at any point it combos and you can do one more qcf+AC anywhere on screen, followed by hcb+B or one more qcf+AC if you are closer to the corner which can then be followed by different specials depending on distance. If the mixup was blocked completely you'd be + frames so you can use that to what ever advantage you want (if close to the corner I'd suggest Cr.C, qcf+AC for frame trap and guard crush). This scenario costs one meter in XIV. If f+A knocks down then you get some free oki on hit, and that's all really as it's not in your best interests to quick max it due to the fact you might hit. I'd personally rather have the one meter mixups.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 01, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
One really does wonder what was SNK thinking when they briefly decided to show off Joe without formally revealing him.

Maybe it was a goof? Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened elsewhere. Sakurai briefly showed Ganondorf in one of his pre-release Smash directs.
I think they teased Joe.
The only returning characters that left to be announced are Kensou, Ramon, Goro, Joe, Mature, Yuri and Mai. My theory is that Goro, Joe and Mature will be revealed in same trailer closing Hero Team, Yagami's Team and FF Team. And then a trailer with maybe Ramon, Sie and Alice.
After that, and coinciding with Japan game events later this month, we'll have a trailer with Mai, Yuri and Nakoruru. The three japanese and iconic girls of FF, AOF and SS, the most famous and representative franchises of the old SNK. Pure speculation, but i have a hunch it's going to be like that. This way we will have all classic teams closed and Antoher World Team opened.

by the way, the game is looking great, isn't it?
http://blog.naver.com/scek_plog/220671241895

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:31:44 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »

The thing that gets to me is during that combo he slides forward suggesting that it was actually qcf+C, but I don't believe that would be a true combo. We don't have a combo counter during these vids so we all assume they are combos, but what if they aren't? If they gave Ryo that tool then he's probably a lot stronger in his ground pressure than he has been, but right now we only know they showed him hitting qcf+p after St.A.

On f+A for Ryo: I'd prefer it doesn't knockdown because of the potential quick max uses it gets if it doesn't. I've been experimenting using XIII (decent base for experiments due to HD activation slide and access to EX moves), keeping in mind no extra cancelability during Max mode in XIV. Ryo with meter can safely use overhead to get into pressure on block via f+A, quick max, Cr.B, St.A, qcf+AC. If this successfully hits at any point it combos and you can do one more qcf+AC anywhere on screen, followed by hcb+B or one more qcf+AC if you are closer to the corner which can then be followed by different specials depending on distance. If the mixup was blocked completely you'd be + frames so you can use that to what ever advantage you want (if close to the corner I'd suggest Cr.C, qcf+AC for frame trap and guard crush). This scenario costs one meter in XIV. If f+A knocks down then you get some free oki on hit, and that's all really as it's not in your best interests to quick max it due to the fact you might hit. I'd personally rather have the one meter mixups.

You have an interesting point about the way XIV might play in its meta game with maxmode.

1 meter for so much pressure from Ryo seems harsh and  would make guard cancel evade or blow off attacks valuable to get out of those situations. Surely for this tournament later this month they will have completed making the game systems to show us.

This is even if Ryo is plus frames after qcf+A+C. How about if they made certain EX moves minus on block to prevent abuse. Maybe some have upper body invulnerability or tweaked gameplay systems during EX's.

I think they are going to add special to special cancels on certain moves or add it anyway because you cannot abuse it if the max bar only allows a certain amount of cancels.

The point I'm trying to make is hurry up SNK and show the systems. Maybe them taking their time is a good thing I guess.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 01, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of the birth of the NEOGEO's classic action game "King of monsters" blockbuster "King-of-monsters the movie" screened at the national cinema today!

The King of monsters the movie in 3D! the first 100 visitors get a copy of robot army 2 for the Neo-Geo!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:54:05 PM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 01, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »
Too bad it is April 1st. I sure would've went to Japan to watch that movie.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 01, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »

There is a high parry in one of those screens.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 01, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »

There is a high parry in one of those screens.
There's a high parry in the trailer as well, when King jumps in with her D and Geese catches her, right?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 01, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »
There's a high parry in the trailer as well, when King jumps in with her D and Geese catches her, right?

Well, i'd say that parry and counter aren't the same but it seems rather pointless to do so :P
What i meant was that there is a screen of Ryo using his high parry.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 01, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »
Ups, sorry. I missunderstood you. I thought you were talking about Geese.. And you are right, parry and counter is not the same x__x