Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343327 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #915 on: April 04, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »
Yeah cancellation at this point would be shocking.

The game is probably at least 80% complete if not more.

And there will also be a KOF anime and the new owners of SNK want to do a major cross-media push, they need a new game for that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:03:56 PM by Diavle »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 04, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
Yay. Open Neo Geo Land again! Yay!

I think i read that SNKP are reverting to calling themselves SNK and i think it's a good thing. Old game developers seem to be going under in Japan so it would be cool to see SNK grow and perhaps even create new IPs without being bound to pride and old practices. Imo, they have cool IPs and it's good to see investments into them.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 05, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »
Sorry, didn't explained myself properly.
As far as I know, no pros have played the game yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4R5otcfy4

I did saw those videos before, hence the "at least giving feedback in between". I would love to read some tweets or at least opinions from Xiao Hai about the game so far. Even thought, I understand where you are coming from. The game looks indeed like a properly made KOF, but my negativism comes from the fact that I'm too hyped for the game, and MGSV taught me not to get hyped based on trailers.

KOF getting cancelled.

Yeah, here's hoping it releases and becomes a success.
My answer above should clarify my motivation on those words too.

Believe me guys, I'm really hoping the best for this game, but I'm in a bad luck streak. Every time I get Hyped, something happens.
Monster hunter 3U had that underwater combat (ruined for me), MGSV... well. And don't make me start with Mighty NO.9!

I'm just a poor soul waiting for KOF to be as epic as possible, Is just that... everything is too good to be truth. D:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:15:43 AM by Arkayruz »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 05, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
We'll have to see where things stand after their next event.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/717231010383933440

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/717231964558913536

April 25th. Latest build with 24 playable characters in Akihabara, Tokyo. Looks like 150 are eligible to get a sports drink, and 500 a uchiwa (fan).

Now we'll know what "Burn to Fight" will taste like.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 05, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
I doubt KOF XIV will get canceled, although there might slight chance for that. There has been few examples in recent years where game is close to completion and it got canceled for some reason.

I sure hope that there would be proper gameplay trailer when this Tokyo event happens. So far I've been satisfied with these character teasers, as I'm person who focuses on everything else than gameplay, but good quality gameplay would be good for marketing and would satisfy more gameplay oriented players. I have to agree, I'd like to see how the game plays properly.

I hope that people don't get urge to fight by drinking Burn to Fight....
[spoiler]Some off topic stuff, so I put it on spoilers.
I didn't have high hopes for Might No. 9, so I didn't support the game. Compared to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, these games are quite similar how they got started. Industry veteran leaves a company (s)he has worked for years, because of disappointment. He/She wants to do a game that is similar to past works (Mega Man, Castlevania), a spiritual successor.

Mighty No. 9 seemed like a too much a knock off of Mega Man and early gameplay didn't impress me. Bloodstained seemed like it wanted to Castlevania, but the style went to a different way. Or at least I'd like to think this way, because I put so much money into the game...  [/spoiler]
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
The dame looks indeed like a properly made KOF, but my negativism comes from the fact that I'm too hyped for the game, and MGSV taught me not to get hyped based on trailers.

No, I know disappointment. Been playing KOF since '95 was only in the arcade. XII was a disappointment. I can count on I hand the amount of times I was that hyped over a game as much as XII. It was a crash back down to earth when I  played it . This game doesn't feel like that, but time will tell.

I sent the link more so for the other guys talking in English. Xaio Hai and Dako match is awesome, but I prefer to hear someone in English talking about it while playing and the other guys on there are known pro players.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 05, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
Big news. Can wait for the stream and see how the game looks right now and how those 24 playable characters do it.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 05, 2016, 11:57:12 AM »
In this pic theirs 26 characters. Assuming these revealed characters are to be displayed, which 2 will be cut from the playtest?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1570/25723759050_97d1cc4dc5_b.jpg

Hopefully they have decided how the Just Defence system will be implemented & I really want to see the moves list.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:59:00 AM by shinefist »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 05, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
KOFXIV live demo gameplay on Famitsu Channel on Friday at 9 pm JST or 8 am EST.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv258609893
Just need a nico nico account.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 05, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »
Interesting. I wonder what they'll show us!

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 05, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »
which 2 will be cut from the playtest?

Beats me. Is hard to tell. Probably they will leave the ones that they have polished the most so far. And polished or not, Geese will be there for sure.

KOFXIV live demo gameplay on Famitsu Channel

Can't wait! :D

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 05, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
Speaking visually, Athena looks the least finished out of the revealed characters.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 05, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »
I think they'll leave out Kim and Angel...

@Diavle When Athena throws the death ball/ spirit bomb the clipping from her knees goes through the skirt :(

@Arkayruz Yeah I have a feeling geese will make it.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 05, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
Speaking visually, Athena looks the least finished out of the revealed characters.
Yes, she does. Kim looks like unfinished too. Probably their portraits are just a placeholder.

I wonder which build Famitsu will be using in this weekend stream.. Same of Playstation Arena?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 05, 2016, 07:33:37 PM »
Yes, she does. Kim looks like unfinished too. Probably their portraits are just a placeholder.

I wonder which build Famitsu will be using in this weekend stream.. Same of Playstation Arena?
Athena looked bit more finished than Kim, but still some room of improvement in my opinion.

I hope the build would be slightly updated versop of the last we saw . Like on "in progress" version of the big event build.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?