Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343379 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #975 on: April 08, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
MUI MUI

The main character of the “Dragon Girl” popular pachislot series is a little pretty girl always full of energy.

Kung fu expert and last descendant of a dragon lineage, she goes on a long journey in “KOF XIV” in search of secret treasure containing an extraordinary power

KUKRI

Mysterious fighter working in the shadows for a secret society, Kukri fights off his opponents with its atypical movements and its sand powers!

He is also one of the members officially invited by the organizer of the KOF XIV tournament.

http://blog.asia.playstation.com/sg-en/3254/2016/04/snks-popular-character-mui-mui-and-the-mysterious-kukri-join-the-gorgeous-roster-in-the-playstation4-exclusive-title-the-king-of-fighters-xi/
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 08, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »
MUI MUI

The main character of the “Dragon Girl” popular pachislot series is a little pretty girl always full of energy.

Kung fu expert and last descendant of a dragon lineage, she goes on a long journey in “KOF XIV” in search of secret treasure containing an extraordinary power
I wonder are Mui Mui's and Kensou's source of power somehow related...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 08, 2016, 01:33:34 PM »
Mui mui is the real dragon spirit user and kensou was a fraud.. Puts on hard hat lol

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 08, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
Some screenshots of the newcomers!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201604080006/

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 08, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
Gato ray uploaded that Famitsu Niconico stream. At least the soundtrack sounds promising, for what I can hear.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 08, 2016, 05:29:06 PM »
Todays stream uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMRXCuUG63g

The gameplay looks freaking fantastic.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 08, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »
They seem to have destupified both Kyo and Ioris air command normals. Kyos cl.C hits twice and it seems like he has to cancel the first hit so that's probably a nerf aswell. He has rekkas but unlike his ex version in 13 he is now allowed to cancel df.D so that is probably a bit of a buff.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
Lots of cool stuff in that video.

Kyo's new rekka followups, Iori's launching EX rekka, Billy's vortex stick whirl... this game's gonna be so much fun.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 08, 2016, 08:42:08 PM »
Yeah, it seems to me like this game is more thought out than 13 wich had some really silly stuff in it. Seeing the not overly long combos with max mode and so on, you basically get confirms off of heavies and perhaps overheads like with HD in 13 but it's not as crazy expensive and even if you just guess and guess wrong, you still have ex attacks available to you. How max mode plays out is going to be interesting to see.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 08, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
Atlus U.S.A is handling the US release of KOFXIV and Rising Star Games is handing in Europe.
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/king-of-fighters-14-english-release-handled-atlus/

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 08, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
Robert confirm combo that should work is C+D, qcf+C, (SC) f,hcf+C

Yes The fluke max mode did seem limited, I think their will be more combos to discover, just nobody tried to discover more. But definitely the combos feel much tighter and deliberately created.

Wanted to see iori's qcf+A+C  to see if t stuns them in place.

I think kyo will have qcf+D,D, qcf+A, hcb+K, K, stand C in corner.

Andy looks like he'll be very tricky and fun to use. I really thought they would show his hcf+B+D (break) at one point :(

So it looks to be Max mode, sC/D, EX juggle, EX move, into special (SC) DM.

It was a good showing but shame they didn't show game system fully.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:34:29 PM by shinefist »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 08, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »
I'm glad we got to see this but my usual questions about combo into CD and rush into quick max have not been answered. On the good side there was a lot of interesting EX properties shown, but I would have liked to see Andy's EX kuhaadan hit and if Kyo's EX Dokugami had Aragami follow ups and their properties.

I apologize as this is going to be fairly train of thought and not at all organized. Quick max seems to allow for 2 EX moves even for later characters, but this may just be due to length of move used. King's corner combo using EX tornado kick followed by double strike (EX venom strike) did something like 40% and could likely be followed by one more special attack. Chang's EX b_f+p juggles. What did Billy do in his Climax? I saw him bend his stick back and swing it upwards with flames, and that was it really.

Lastly non gameplay related but nice to see them working on some smaller details: your character portrait will flash when you are approaching dizzy, the color flashed is the same as the words "Player 1" or "Player 2" in the same corner. The announcers are also player specific, the male announces player 1's victorys and the following round number, while the female handles player 2's.

There's more but I think I'm going to watch again for now.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 08, 2016, 10:26:13 PM »
Atlus U.S.A is handling the US release of KOFXIV and Rising Star Games is handing in Europe.
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/king-of-fighters-14-english-release-handled-atlus/
Just as I expected.

The announcers are also player specific, the male announces player 1's victorys and the following round number, while the female handles player 2's.
I wanna be player two all the time :)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 09, 2016, 12:34:18 AM »
The article says they're only rumors. I don't know why we're acting like it's confirmed.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 09, 2016, 01:02:41 AM »
Kyo's 2nd upkick whiffs on blocking crouchers. Good.

Billy needs EX to do dp, ground flame in corner? He has new crossup button. Jump A or B?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:35:35 AM by Amedø310 »