Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343245 times)

IAD

• New Challenger
  • Sucker Free Sunday
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1065 on: April 16, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
Speaking of Mai, has she ever been "good" character in any game?

She floats between good and average in most of the games, I don't think she's ever been bad even in crossovers.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 17, 2016, 12:22:04 AM »
I saw a picture that made me think about something I don't usually think about: stages.

Will it be a stage assigned to a team this time around? Someone seems to think so. They made this picture assigning the known stages to the known teams.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 17, 2016, 12:48:31 AM »
The marine hotel is most likely the women's fighters team. In the psBlog the stages were entitled with "Fatal fury stage" etc so it is lead to believe that this is the case.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:50:21 AM by The Good Loser »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 17, 2016, 03:13:45 AM »
Yes. SNKP has confirmed stages will be team specific once again.

Did you know rush combo can be special move cancelable. I seen Kyo do A,A,A qcf+A combo. Maybe you can activate B+C activation during rush too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:40:52 AM by shinefist »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 17, 2016, 07:17:06 AM »

Did you know rush combo can be special move cancelable. I seen Kyo do A,A,A qcf+A combo. Maybe you can activate B+C activation during rush too.
Rush automatically does either a super, or a special attack (if you have no meter), I don't know the attacks that every character does but I know for Iori it's qcb+p x 3 (I don't know if you have to do the second or third qcb+p or just continue mashing a). It may be the similar for Kyo, except he does an aragami chain.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 17, 2016, 09:08:20 AM »

Rush automatically does either a super, or a special attack (if you have no meter), I don't know the attacks that every character does but I know for Iori it's qcb+p x 3 (I don't know if you have to do the second or third qcb+p or just continue mashing a). It may be the similar for Kyo, except he does an aragami chain.

Oh, if that's the case, you would think if you kept mashing A you could continue doing all three of ioris qcb+P special.

Maybe SNKP will develop this further. Such as if you hold the stick in different directions whilst mashing A you could do different special moves. This will give the new blood that play atleast alittle more variation in combos.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 17, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »
Speaking of Mai, has she ever been "good" character in any game?

She floats between good and average in most of the games, I don't think she's ever been bad even in crossovers.
I guess you have to maker her at least good character, considering she he is the "leading lady" of SNK XD

My concern about XIV is going to be, how good the controls feel. One thing that bugs me in older titles is certain "jerkiness" in controls and responsiveness. 2003 has in my opinion most responsive controls on Neo Geo KOF's, but it is quite jerky. XI on the other hand, oh boy that's good. Even XIII couldn't match the smoothness.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
@custle: from many top players that have played at expos said that it feels smooth / good. Only the floatiness of the jumps startled them and that has since been changed.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 17, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »
I never played KOF in a high level, but I played always Mai, since '94 (well, since Fatal Fury 2). I think she is a good character, but she never have been a high damaging character nor a crazy combo character. Compared to King one can think she is better because is a strong zoning character and have good combos. But I think Mai is more solid and more versatile because of her moves. Do not jugdge Mai for XIII, she is low tier there. I would judge her in other better KOFs like '97 or '98, and I would consider her as a solid mid-tier.

I saw a picture that made me think about something I don't usually think about: stages.

Will it be a stage assigned to a team this time around? Someone seems to think so. They made this picture assigning the known stages to the known teams.

I have the feeling that not all characters will have a stage. When they announced members of teams like Women, Psycho, Ikari, Kim, Another World.. they don't seem to have an specific stage. So I think some teams will have an specific stage, and some other stages will be just generic, for everybody.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:30:02 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 18, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
Do not jugdge Mai for XIII, she is low tier there. I would judge her in other better KOFs like '97 or '98, and I would consider her as a solid mid-tier.

Actually in KOF XIII I would say she's a solid mid tier. She doesn't have the combos, true, but she more then makes up for it with agility. Her fans can match up with King's fireballs (except for the double super) just fine. Her pokes are the best in the game. Her CD attack in the air and ground is top tier, and her Neo Max is one of the few you can do raw and constantly connect just by judging the position of where the opponent jumps. If she had combos she would be completely broken with how easy you can set stuff up. The trick is if you prefer footsies if you like her or not.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 18, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »
@Shiranui_Ninja: it was announced that china will have a stage tho

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »
Actually in KOF XIII I would say she's a solid mid tier. She doesn't have the combos, true, but she more then makes up for it with agility. Her fans can match up with King's fireballs (except for the double super) just fine. Her pokes are the best in the game. Her CD attack in the air and ground is top tier, and her Neo Max is one of the few you can do raw and constantly connect just by judging the position of where the opponent jumps. If she had combos she would be completely broken with how easy you can set stuff up. The trick is if you prefer footsies if you like her or not.
Well, one sure can be annoying with Mai in KOF XIII. As you said she is all normals, and air CD, and NeoMAX (i don't agree with fireballs. King is far better in zoning). Her special moves are just BAD. The worst ones Mai never had before. Punshible, low damaging, no prior, bad hurtboxes, etc. That's why I said she's bad. She has combos in fact, but the problem is that you need a lot EX moves to combo, so Mai is an expensive character in therms of bars. Players usually prefer use Mai for her normals and save metter for other characters, or save metter for her NeoMAX. To be honest, that wasn't my playstyle. I used Mai as third character and I try to do many combos as i can, just because I enjoy playing her and I don't want to use her in a simple way. Some of my rivals were really surprised that Mai could do such combos! xDD But yes, I can understand that most of high level players use her like you say (if they use her..). But to me, she is still a low tier. What i like about Mai in XIII is her speed. Sure one of the most fast characters in XIII. She should be always like that. I hope she will be fast in XIV too.

@Shiranui_Ninja: it was announced that china will have a stage tho
Yes, it make sense, since China Team will be one of the protagonist teams in XIV story

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 18, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
We would have to have 17 stages (16 teams + Boss stage "Stadium") if this were the case.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 18, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »
I'm not sure. For now all teams have been announced with at least one member and we have only 9 stages. And two of those don't seem to belong to any team in particular, Marine Palace and Super Arena. So, no stages, so far, for:
-AOF Team
-Ikari Team
-Psycho Soldiers Team
-Women Team
-Kim Team
-Another World Team
-Yagami Team
-Villains Team

Sure we'll have more stages, but I doubt we'll have 17 + boss'
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:32:12 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 18, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
Super arena is said to be the boss stage in the leak. You will fight Antonov in it and the final boss will crash it like Goenitz did. Hotel marine paradise is probably women's fighter team cuz King. 50 characters, 2 boss (1 stage) 48 non boss (16x3) makes 17 stages in total with boss stage included. We have around half now if that is how it will turn out. Tho not likely.