Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343305 times)

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1110 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:04 PM »
Didn't SNK say something along the lines of 2 DMs with SDM variants and 1 clamax per character?

I'm not really upset if they've turned the elbow into a DM/SDM because that would mean it is more regularly available (we'd actually see it in more matches), making any hard knockdown combo with meter a confirm IE unchain into her f,f+k finisher. They may have just made it part of her counter super when against an aerial attack (that was the only way to get it in 02og). I'd personally prefer the first of the these premises, but however SNK decided to use it, I'm just glad it's still in.
Yes I remember there will be 2 DMs each with its own SDM version, I was just speculating SNK may make an exception for Angel and a couple other characters and give them an additional SDM-only super. Anyway, Survivor's Banquet is in Angel's moveset, so I shouldn't worry at all.

The newcomer I'm looking forward to the most is Chang and Choi's boss, his face screams sinister magic powers to me, and I imagine him as a massive yet fit brawler with brutal punches infused with some dark energy. I'm also curious about the new hero's power: okay, the leaks say he's a demon boy, but will his demonic power manifest as fire like all the other KOF heroes? Black flames like Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho would be fantastic. Among returning characters, it's Kensou, he's always been one of my favorites because I love his style of Chinese martial arts. By the way, did nobody make jokes about how Kensou's new hair in the leaked picture is similar to Kyo? They went to the same hair stylist xD No mushroom hair team this time, even though Kyo Kim and Kensou are all in the tournament :P

Nice screens today, I especially like the second one, fire vs ice!!

The KOFXIV part in the PS4 lineup video is fantastic. I was very salty when there was no KOFXIV love in that Zoku Zoku video a couple months back, but now Sony has made up for it, and in great style too.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 20, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »
Yes, nice shots today. But I think Mai's Chou Hisatsu lacks fire  :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 20, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »
I cannot believe their is still 12 characters yet to be revealed including the bosses. Even if we know some from past games, they are still new to kof. If the new China team members are not in a trailer tomorrow i would guess they are the new protagonist of the story line.
I just find it hard to believe that game was announced six months ago. Time is funny thing, isn't it? Kinda funny to compare the number or dislikes in announcement trailer to recent teasers. I guess people are over the shock and accept the game as it is. Or major public saw the first trailer and haven't watched anything else after that.

I have to applaud SNK for marketing this time. Hype has been healthy and trailers have came in good doses.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 20, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »
Ok this could either be totally off or spot on....

Sylvie - O Shermie (electricity)
Kukri - O Yashiro (Earth / Sand?)
??? (Chinese masked girl / Demon Boy?) - O Chris (Fire)

We might see a heavenly kings of Orochi Subplot or following the events of XIV lead into XV.

Kukri might even be a mix of Goenitz (Wind) and Yashiro (Earth) As he said "The Weather forecast for today is a Sandstorm!." Hmmm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:56:14 PM by The Good Loser »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 20, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
I cannot believe their is still 12 characters yet to be revealed including the bosses. Even if we know some from past games, they are still new to kof. If the new China team members are not in a trailer tomorrow i would guess they are the new protagonist of the story line.
I just find it hard to believe that game was announced six months ago. Time is funny thing, isn't it? Kinda funny to compare the number or dislikes in announcement trailer to recent teasers. I guess people are over the shock and accept the game as it is. Or major public saw the first trailer and haven't watched anything else after that.

I have to applaud SNK for marketing this time. Hype has been healthy and trailers have came in good doses.

I never lost faith in SNKP :)

I always thought the graphics were ok tbh. I'm more bothered about the way the characters animate. Some animations look abit rough, like Roberts f+B, it comes out a little strange. But as long as it does its job who cares.

But nearly all the animations seem really good. Oh and they way angel does her finish after her ranbu, They could of made her put more of her back into the final uppercut. But maybe they will fix it anyway.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 20, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
Playstation might have spillt the beans on a release date

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10165.html

"Spring to Summer"

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 20, 2016, 05:59:30 PM »
A lot of people, myself included, were expecting a September release so that would make sense.

September was also the rumored date at the PSX show floor.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 20, 2016, 06:08:41 PM »
September sounds realistic but as early as spring sounds ludicrous lol

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 20, 2016, 06:12:25 PM »
Yeah spring is out of the question.

August is the earliest they could release it imo.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 20, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »
Summer sounds to soon. I was thinking October myself & I was thinking that's also soon.

But truthfully, we were surprised when SNKP said they built all the fighters & the game was 70% finished. Who knows what, maybe its 90% finished now?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 20, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »
Great news. I expected the game to be released in fall 2016. Summer could be a great news. Let's see if this is confirmed on monday.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 20, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »

I never lost faith in SNKP :)

I always thought the graphics were ok tbh. I'm more bothered about the way the characters animate. Some animations look abit rough, like Roberts f+B, it comes out a little strange. But as long as it does its job who cares.

But nearly all the animations seem really good. Oh and they way angel does her finish after her ranbu, They could of made her put more of her back into the final uppercut. But maybe they will fix it anyway.
Well, for what I've gathered, XIV's animations are pretty much same as in XII and XIII. Not necessarily a bad thing, but some things may not translate well from 2D to 3D. So far I'm not complaining. Graphically, I didn't even think that game didn't look that bad in the beginning (because I know that PS4 isn't as powerful as people seem to think), because I appreciate style over graphical fidelity and XIV satisfies my needs well. I even thought reaction to Kyo's face was bit too much an overreaction...

As for the possible release... Summer could be plausible. Early summer might be bit too early, mid summer could be best. Late summer might be bit on the edge of crowded game relaese time. Spring on the other is way too early, but I wouldn't be too surprised, considering the the amount teasers we've got recently.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 20, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »
Pretty sure they created XIV's animation from scratch.

The moves may be the same but the actual poses/animation aren't if you look at them side by side.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:21:50 PM by Diavle »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:19 PM »
Pretty sure they created XIV's animation from scratch.

The moves may be the same but the actual poses/animation aren't if you look at them side by side.
I've had this discussion with someone else and he too was convicted that the animations are made from scratch.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 20, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »
Yes, nice shots today. But I think Mai's Chou Hisatsu lacks fire  :(
I know that feel, during the PSE days I ranted about how I'd like to see more flames in Kyo's Yaegaki since his father engulfs himself in flames in the SDM version of this technique...

I totally agree that certain animations look stiff, but that's something I can only notice in trailers or during the calmer times of  my training sessions -that is, not learning advanced combos-, not in the heat of the battle, so it's no big issue to me.
Ore no...kachi da!!