Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343383 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1200 on: April 25, 2016, 07:15:37 PM »
Suprise stage  beside the ones shown in the trailer

https://t.co/j1RUyoXvJi

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 25, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »
More confirmation of XIII kim in the game and Terry has no power dunk.

Terry's rush has dp punch at least and Kim has his old C back.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 25, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »
If you got a computer go to the twitch channel it's there to watch.

There's also the PS4 with the twitch app.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:51:27 PM by videoman190 »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 25, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »
Movelists in the official website seem to be uncomplete. At least command moves... Mai's new command move doesn't appear. And I wonder why King is missing... We already saw her movelist.. Maybe just because she wasn't in today's stream.

So, now I'm confused and I dont' remember all gameplay videos.. Can Climax and EX DM (SDM) be done outside MAX mode, or they have to be done in MAX mode like EX super moves?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 25, 2016, 08:29:15 PM »
So, now I'm confused and I dont' remember all gameplay videos.. Can Climax and EX DM (SDM) be done outside MAX mode, or they have to be done in MAX mode like EX super moves?

They can all be done outside of max mode.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:17 PM »
I'll watch the stream tomorrow. I watched stream little bit and there seemed to be lots of Iori and quality was bit blurry. I have to wonder, why every stream I try watch looks like shit...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 25, 2016, 08:56:17 PM »
Movelists in the official website seem to be uncomplete. At least command moves... Mai's new command move doesn't appear. And I wonder why King is missing... We already saw her movelist.. Maybe just because she wasn't in today's stream.

Your quite right, mais double kick isn't there.

Billy may have another cammand attack also. Back+A in XIII he thrusts his pole into his foe, it reaches about half screen range. It's in XIV too, but it might just be a stand C ?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 25, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »
Mais move is her super( the other is rush)  Billy's is far c

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »
Mai's double kick is part of her rush combo I think.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 25, 2016, 10:02:44 PM »
WTF

You mean you only can do that by doing the rush?? You cannot do that by yourself whenever you want? I don't know how this stupid rush thing works but to me is an error and I'm getting pissed off right now :(
So, she not only didn't get any new command move as I thought, but she lost her f.B>D, only hit confirm she had in XIII. That really sucks.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 25, 2016, 10:16:25 PM »
Lots of new info, forgive me for going a little train of thought-ish while typing this up:

K's knee assault has slow start up, meaning he won't be quite as scary as 02um version, also in his move list he no longer has the minute spike follow up for his eins trigger but his new sliding punch (I'm guessing it's second knuckle) follow should fill in nicely. His other new follow up does not serve an obvious purpose at the moment (no forward movement so not easy to combo, looks smaller than second shell so less of an AA) this leads me to believe that it's benefits are plausibly counter or reflect in nature, or it could be safe on block, possibly a safe on block reflect.

I'm assuming both of the following are jump A attacks for their respective characters: Tung does the splits and punches downwards, Luong does a punch that somewhat reminds me of Heavy D's jump B but looks a little more under than behind. Both look good for cross ups, and either of them may be cancelable to their air specials (qcb+p for Tung, qcb+k for Luong).

Looking at Kim's move set, he essentially is XIII Kim so the only real adjustments to make are optimizing his combos for the system, and remembering that you need to activate max mode before you have access to EX moves (I believe this second one affects him more as he can no longer mindlessly get in with an EX hangetsuzan).

I don't know if it will remain this way but I think the BGMs are currently tied to the stages.

According to his movelist, Nelson's attack flow appears to be starter (f+A, f+B, or b+A) then direction+B chain, the either C finisher or D movement option. These are all listed under commands normals where as his two specials are a step in and a command throw. This raises two questions, "Can he quick max cancel his command chain?" and "Can he whiff his command chain for access to the follow ups (like Angel or Gai)?"

Ryo looks like he's his got far D back (boo). Aside from that he seems as solid as I'd expect.

Sylvie looks to be a character who prefers mid or close game as opposed to Athena's zoning game, I also see 2 potential AAs in among her moves (elec slash with upward angle, and back flip kick) her other attacks seem to be a short projectile (the elec discharge) and some forward moving jump which hits on the way down (I don't know if it hits on the way up as well ala O shermie hcb+k)

I just saw your post @Shiranui_ninja, Mai's rush may be better than we currently think, considering her only air special to do without meter is qcb+p and that it floats the opponent for follow up with an attack. It's plausible that she can cr.B, st.A,A,A,A, st.C without meter, maybe even continue with qcb+C instead if close to the corner. Mind you this is just conjecture, but if true her corner combos may be strong even without meter. I would have preferred a command normal, but the way it stands may still be strong

Alright, I'm gonna dive back into all the info, and analyze some more.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 25, 2016, 10:55:23 PM »
So much stuff to talk about...

First of all, I love how SNK returned to their old name and catchphrase. The future is now!!

As for KOF14, I couldn't watch the whole stream but I'll do in the next days. Only one of my movelist wishes came true: Clark's Mount Tackle. I can't play grapplers to save my life, but I do enjoy messing around with them in training mode, and XIII Clark made me a bit sad. Now SNK made up for it :D Kim, Mai and Vice didn't get any specials back...I hope movelists are tentative for those three, or at least Outrage comes back to Mature arsenal. Now that I think of it, Outrage suits Mature more since she's all about slashing.

The biggest bummer to me is the release date...I thought SNK didn't have anything more to refine, be it technical stuff -frame data and code in general- or graphics -I won't try to fool myself, graphics won't get any better than they are now, but I've never cared about graphics in KOF so no problem- and was ready to make me a double birthday present by launching the game in the last week of May together with Last Blade 2...if only I could get a proper Windows PC soon to play other KOFs online on a regular basis -I'm afraid my Mac laptop has got broken to the point it can't even run Fightcade properly-, I wouldn't whine about the release date, believe me :D

Trying to look at the bright side, could these 4 months mean a stellar netcode right out of the box in the PS4 version? I seriously hope it does. There's a bunch of SF fans in this town but only TWO people I know of that like KOF, and one of them doesn't have a PS4, so online is crucial for my KOF14 experience...
Ore no...kachi da!!

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 26, 2016, 12:39:37 AM »
Everything is AMAZING so far.

We only need the game on PC and a freaking trailer for Kensou.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 26, 2016, 01:55:12 AM »
'Sup fellas? It's been awhile since I showed my ugly mug around here. I got to say I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I was holding back on posting till the roster got confirmed so I could rant about the exclusion of certain characters *cough* Blue Mary *cough*, but then I saw that DLC leak. Does anyone know if this new leak comes from the same source as the others?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 26, 2016, 02:39:12 AM »
could these 4 months mean a stellar netcode right out of the box in the PS4 version?
Of course netcode can't be done in 4 months. That's something in what developers and all team work on from the very beginning of the project.

I just saw your post @Shiranui_ninja, Mai's rush may be better than we currently think, considering her only air special to do without meter is qcb+p and that it floats the opponent for follow up with an attack. It's plausible that she can cr.B, st.A,A,A,A, st.C without meter, maybe even continue with qcb+C instead if close to the corner. Mind you this is just conjecture, but if true her corner combos may be strong even without meter. I would have preferred a command normal, but the way it stands may still be strong

I'm not really sure how this Rush thing works, but what we saw in her trailer is Mai canceling her double kick into her air DM, not Musasabi no Mai (air qcb+AorC). Do all rush moves end with a DM? or with a special move? or you can choose how to finish it? I really don't get it.. I never played a game with this kind of easy combo for noobs, but whatever, the only thing I think she may be able to do is Musasabi no Mai into her air DM. I really doubt she will be able to do Musasabi > st.C and continue with a ground combo from here. But let's consider she can... She could enter into MAX mode and use EX ryuenbu or EX HSB for extra bounce, and extend the combo. That could be awesome.