Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343381 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1215 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:48 AM »
It seems to me that the rush combos work exactly like the ;a combos in P4 Arena. If this is the case it will always end with a DM if you have meter unless you stop the combo early. Can't remember if that game let you manually input other stuff mid combo. I do remember the damage for those combos were crap though.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 26, 2016, 03:28:31 AM »
I'm not really sure how this Rush thing works, but what we saw in her trailer is Mai canceling her double kick into her air DM, not Musasabi no Mai (air qcb+AorC). Do all rush moves end with a DM? or with a special move? or you can choose how to finish it? I really don't get it.. I never played a game with this kind of easy combo for noobs, but whatever, the only thing I think she may be able to do is Musasabi no Mai into her air DM. I really doubt she will be able to do Musasabi > st.C and continue with a ground combo from here. But let's consider she can... She could enter into MAX mode and use EX ryuenbu or EX HSB for extra bounce, and extend the combo. That could be awesome.
RUSH has two potential endings, one DM when you have meter, or one special attack when you don't have a full bar. Mai has two attacks that make sense as a rush ending, musasabi no Mai and d.B in midair. I'm currently operating under the assumption that it's the former.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 26, 2016, 08:51:36 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot, it must be mai's rush then. And it is confirmed you can use special moves after the rush, can you use cammand moves after the rush though, because mai has an air cammand move.

K! Has 2 new eins trigger follow up, the one could be an overhead because it it is a hard knock down. This could be a ground bounce when used as an EX.

Kyo EX R.E.D kick is ground bounce also. I wonder what juggles Kyo can achieve after EX R.E.D kick?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:01:02 PM by shinefist »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 26, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »
Bgms are not tied to the stage.

Kim's  gameplan is going to change from saving all the meter to bust it out when shits ready. You get around 3 free consecutive ex hangetsuzans each max mode for 1 bar which makes him scarier with less meter than in XIII. Kim is one of the characters in 14 who can become as fierce as in XIII with the activation of max mode alone. During the stream we 've also seen Mai do ex loops in the corner.

I've had this discussion on twitter and Kim's tools in 14 could change up the entire "Battery-Middle-Anchor" build for a team I'd to put him first since he's fierce enough. Example,  Kim - Battery - Anchor. It's a bully lineup where you basically get the force of two anchors if Kim can get just 1 bar.

The original argument that was made was that Kim cannot pop max mode and ex hangetsuzan at the same time on reaction anymore like in XIII. But this time around he can dish out more for less essentially. Imagine what he can do if he's Anchor, 5 bars, 15 ex Hangetsuzans... In theory he could do most corner combos  like opener , close c max mode close c, qcfx2, Hien b, Hien b, Air DM, advance cancel ground SDM..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:16:55 PM by The Good Loser »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 26, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »
According to this video, advance cancels get the full damage of the DM AND the SDM. (The damage cash out happens, contrary to XIII where a max cancel would sometimes need to break off the DM's ending.) http://youtu.be/8l-byPKenNM

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 26, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »
So what is iori's advanced cancel as we have seen it doesn't hit. I don't think he can do qcf,hcb+P, qcf*4+A+C, then advanced cancel to qcb,hcf+A+C. But, maybe he can do qcf*4A+C into climax for 5 bars.

Or even in the corner maybe Iori can do qcb+P, qcb+P, (SC) qcb,hcf+P (AC)qcf,hcb+A+C.

Iori can also hold his new dm by holding the button'(s)

I'm starting to think you may have to use skill to land some of these combos, whilst some will have more simple advanced cancels.

Shun ei maybe a stance switch character between his red and blue moveset.

@The Good Loser, did you notice kims jump attacks seemed really fast or is it just me. Interesting theory on kim. Maybe he has less priority on the EX hangetsuzan.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 26, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
@The Good Loser; You're assuming that Kim retains his ex properties and i find that unlikely, especially air hangetsuzan is almost sure to change atleast a bit. I think we can expect some changes to all returning characters in order to keep combos and pressure in check.

It wouldn't be weird though if Kim just happened to be top tier again somehow.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
They haven't even shown ex hangetsuzan I think and the normal one air and ground was already fast as fuq beating out other stuff.

Ioris advance cancel (at least one of them) is the one shown, but I assume as you said he might have to hold it to connect like kyo  with orochinagi sometimes. Advance cancels are DM's into other DM's / SDM's so any mixture really.

Even the "Whiffed" advance cancel in the video has its use as a  pressure / spacing tool. The ex version even moves forward almost like Aegis reflector lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:19:03 PM by The Good Loser »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 26, 2016, 03:54:27 PM »
Oh and Terry has Powerdunk back [spoiler]its his climax now :D[/spoiler] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGNCTLz4GF4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:04:24 PM by The Good Loser »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:54 PM »
Phew, I guess I don't have urgent need to watch the stream, after seeing that video :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 26, 2016, 04:44:21 PM »
Phew, I guess I don't have urgent need to watch the stream, after seeing that video :)
I advise watching it nevertheless

https://www.twitch.tv/snkofficial/v/62706568

Many interesting tidbits and properties are in it and its the recorded version so no stuttering.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 26, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »
I advise watching it nevertheless

https://www.twitch.tv/snkofficial/v/62706568

Many interesting tidbits and properties are in it and its the recorded version so no stuttering.
I'm more intrested about musics and stage graphics. While I could hear some sweet tunes, the constant talking kinda ruins that. Also the quality wasn't that great, so seeing possible new stages end up being teaser. But I still might watch it in the weekend, after I've bought some candy and chips ;)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 26, 2016, 05:36:23 PM »
The talking only goes for about 30-45 mins rest are exhibition matches  with in game audio only. You can hear the music.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 26, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »
Ah, great! Guess my weekends going to be full of treats (Stream, May Day, birthday on friday) :P

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 26, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Congratulations!  :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature