Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343351 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1275 on: April 28, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
Normally yes, but this max mode changes the gameplay because of ex. Kim can now very well pop max mode even if he has just 1 bar because it gives him access to his exes. same can be said for others like king. Raw maxing is now a very viable option.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 28, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
Yeah the more EX moves I see the more it feels like max mode was balanced with raw activation in mind and not just combos.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 28, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
Kinda reminds me of V-trigger system in SFV. They could be used as combo extender, but they are also useful when raw activated. I like the idea and I never really used MAX mode in other KOF's, mostly because raw activation wasn't that good idea and my excecution has never been great. Maybe that's why I like 2003 and XI so much, because they don't have MAX system.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:10 PM »
After watching the new famitsu video you get a better understanding on the way some combos will work. Boy they look cool.

I gotta agree with you peeps about the the meta game of how MAX mode will be used. Some characters are going to be better suited on using max mode for different situations. Activating raw max mode just as a bluff so they think your going in for a big combo when really your just enhancing your poke capabilities for example. The point I'm making is that max mode is cheap to acquire in XIV compared to XIII's hyperdrive mode. People are gong to be tempted to use it on raw activaton (especially the noobs who cant get clean hits very well to start a combo).

So many options for MAX mode is going to provide in this instalment. Really looking forward to this tournament on Saturday now.

If terry had more bar, I wonder if he could of used his climax directly after the EX crack shoot. Also it has good to see terry's buster wolf advanced cancel into EX power geyser.

@Shiranui ninja I don't know how I would use mai's EX fan toss. Apart from getting them in the corner and throwing the fan, when they block wait to see if they move forward, if they do poke them back into where the fan will drop on them and then further pressure them or repeat. If they sit and just block the second fan hit, then just pressure them as normal or repeat the ex fan toss again.

Hey, what if the second hit of the EX fan is actually an overhead? that would be sweet.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 28, 2016, 11:23:05 PM »
I think it is like her knee drop

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 28, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
That would be awesome.

Yes, I see MAX mode as something very similar to Cammy's V-Trigger, for instance. The difference is that Cammy can't do normal Spiral Arrow when V-Trigger is activate it. In KOF XIV MAX mode you can choose between EX or regular.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:58 AM »
Nice video. Looks like Mai's boob animation from 13 is making a comeback. Joking aside, I'm liking max mode more and more. As much as I love 13, HD combos could be pretty tough to pull off. If you screwed it up, then you probably missed your only chance to pull it off in that match. This new Max mode looks like it will benefit all types of players, not just the ones who can do super long combos.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 29, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »

The streams for the KVOxTSB KOFXIV Pre-launch tournament which start Saturday at 10:00 AM JST or 9:00PM EST and 8:00 PM CST using the Godsgarden link.

https://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden/
http://kvo2k.com/

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:10 AM »
Nice video. Looks like Mai's boob animation from 13 is making a comeback.
XIII boobs physics were better done than XIV 3D physics. They need to improve it a lot because it looks weird right now.

In my case, tournament starts at 3 AM  :(
I'll see it when Gatoray upload the whole tournament to youtube xD
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:15:17 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 29, 2016, 11:35:28 AM »
Nice video. Looks like Mai's boob animation from 13 is making a comeback.
XIII boobs physics were better done than XIV 3D physics. They need to improve it a lot because it looks weird right now.

In my case, tournament starts at 3 AM  :(
I'll see it when Gatoray upload the whole tournament to youtube xD

1 AM here but if stream is good I'm gonna watch it.

Nah, SNK done a good job on those t**s, I'm really impressed by the chest :p

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 29, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »
https://t.co/Z4pZQaOPd0

Could be fake but still interesting

Left is possibly blue Mary or vanessa
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:38:21 PM by The Good Loser »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 29, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »
I think the DLC screen is fake as well, but if SNK launches DLC chars I'll gladly buy them. Speaking of purchases, I'm going crazy xD I'm looking for an online seller shipping KOFXIV Japanese version to mainland Italy directly from Japan: want the artbook, and don't wanna repeat the experience I had with SFV Hot! Package, preordered from Play-Asia but I had to wait 5 days (weekend included) after February 18th -I suppose delays happen because they must get stuff in Hong Kong from Japan before shipping. Amazon Japan doesn't ship KOFXIV to Italy...what a bummer. I contacted AmiAmi to make sure I am guaranteed to get it delivered by EMS...while placing the order, I found out they have this weird policy of changing shipping method in case the one you choose turns out to be unavailable, so I stopped and asked them. I don't wanna find myself in a situation where I choose EMS and they switch to a slower method for whatever reason. Does anybody know if AmiAmi may give you such issues?

Yesterday's stream was so fun ^^ Looks like players in Famitsu streams genuinely enjoy their KOFXIV sessions.

PS: happy birthday Custle :D (did I read it right it's today?)
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »

Two members of the South America Team.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 29, 2016, 06:35:45 PM »
Oh yea today's Friday, happy birthday custle xD

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »
Thanks guys :) I appreciate it.

DLC screen looks kinda fake and silhouttes don't look like anyone who has been in the KOF-series. I don't care about DLC at this stage, but if game happens to succesful (I have a hunch it will be), then I don't mind if DLC characters, if they aren't EX-versions and they come in teams.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?