Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 348143 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1350 on: May 02, 2016, 01:15:57 PM »
Netcode for a fighting game sound like something that everyone's not going to be satisfied quality. I'd like the idea that I could play against people from other side of the world without problems, but Earth likes to say otherwise. I wonder is the online mode going to be region locked?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »
Can't see why they would region lock, XIII wasn't iirc.

The netcode will have a huge impact on this game's legs, especially in the west, so I really friggin hope it's really good or at the bare minimum on par with XIII's Steam netcode.

Netcode is honestly the only thing I'm concerned about with the game. They need to nail it.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 02, 2016, 04:24:29 PM »
Can't see why they would region lock, XIII wasn't iirc.

The netcode will have a huge impact on this game's legs, especially in the west, so I really friggin hope it's really good or at the bare minimum on par with XIII's Steam netcode.

Netcode is honestly the only thing I'm concerned about with the game. They need to nail it.

This, i dont need to say it as you somed it up pretty well. But i will anyway lol.

Yup this will make or break the game. Without stable online play, a huge portion of people will just play another game soley because of this.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 02, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
The Atlus announcement said "vastly improved netcode"...but what's the other term of comparison? And what's the extent of the improvement? I think it's safe to assume the other term is the dreadful KOFXIII console netcode, whereas the extent could either be "on par with KOFXIIISE" -I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I know people received it positively- or "on par with the other current gen fighting games", which sadly doesn't look so likely to me because SNK's resources aren't the same the other fighting game developers can rely on...

I've always accepted this game's visuals unconditionally -I only hope cloth movement gets implemented in Kim's dobok, seeing it so static is a little embarassing-, but on the other hand I'm a bit nervous about how it will play online. Let's hope for the best.
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 02, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 02, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
I'm not even going to worry about netcode. I'll just go in expecting the same garbage netplay we've been getting. If we end up getting better, then I'll consider it an unexpected bonus. Despite SNK advertising extra online modes like the team play, I can't just assume that means the online experience will be better. KOF12 had some really cool online features like clans and lobbies, but that didn't keep the online play from sucking.

I say it's better to expect the worst and hope for the best on this aspect of the game.

I've always accepted this game's visuals unconditionally -I only hope cloth movement gets implemented in Kim's dobok, seeing it so static is a little embarassing-, but on the other hand I'm a bit nervous about how it will play online. Let's hope for the best.

I find it funny how Kim was one of the best looking characters in 13, but is one worst looking in this one.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 02, 2016, 10:16:39 PM »
I have this group of friends on ma' hood. We play Kof every week, so good netcode would be a cool plus that I don't mandatorily require (except for training purposes).

I really hope we get a long character reveal trailer on thursday, given that we got just 1 reveal trailer last week (which also was the one we should have had the week before)

I know we had like 3 trailers, but they were not that much of a "character reveal" (Just Nakoruru and Shun).

And where the heck is Kensou!? ma'gad.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 02, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »

Kim's outfit is like a lifeless material in XIV, it does stand out the most as the least worked on out of every other character revealed so far. Yeah maybe someone forgot to add the cloth setting & then set it to heavy, then use collision detection a little. Well in blender animation that's what you would do. I love kims 02 idle animation, its done so well.

@Arkayruz: SNK saving kensou till last, hope he's got afew things new as apposed to being a cut n paste of his XIII self.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 02, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
Kim's outfit is like a lifeless material in XIV, it does stand out the most as the least worked on out of every other character revealed so far. Yeah maybe someone forgot to add the cloth setting & then set it to heavy, then use collision detection a little. Well in blender animation that's what you would do. I love kims 02 idle animation, its done so well.

I'm thinking (or rather really, really hoping) that maybe he is just being shown in an incomplete state because it isn't just his clothes that are static but his hair as well.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »

I'm thinking (or rather really, really hoping) that maybe he is just being shown in an incomplete state because it isn't just his clothes that are static but his hair as well.

Could be. They fixed Athena's knees clipping through her skirt when she does her climax.

Well, not any new website info today. Kim looks that dry, if they improve him at a later date we will realize in a heart beat. Eyes peeled peeps.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:55 AM »
If there's something that Kim needs fixing, it's his face. He looks a bit too young to my tastes.

Probably there's new info on thursday, that seems to be the default info day.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 03, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »
New KOFXIV speed comparison video with XIII and UM:

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 03, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »
New KOFXIV speed comparison video with XIII and UM:

great find !

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 03, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »
I like how he had to tell his viewers not to be fanboys xD

I don't like how he used a flash KOF game in his comparisons.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 03, 2016, 08:32:47 PM »
great find !

Got lucky with a random youtube search ^_^

I don't like how he used a flash KOF game in his comparisons.

Same here, though then again that game is just recycling animation from the old games so it works in a comparison I guess.