Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343456 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1365 on: May 03, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »
From my point of view all those complains about speed and all that try to prove that speed is the same, is stupid. I mean, people should understand what it means "new game". Why would we want a new game exact as previous ones?

All what some want is just play exactly the same game but with an updated look. Thanks God game companies don't think like them.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 04, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »
All what some want is just play exactly the same game but with an updated look. Thanks God game companies don't think like them.
I think that's the problem with gaming community in general. There's demand for fresh ideas, but the games that stick to the formula and feel the same as last sell more than the games that push the series forward.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 04, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
I think that's the problem with gaming community in general. There's demand for fresh ideas, but the games that stick to the formula and feel the same as last sell more than the games that push the series forward.

People acquire skills on games throughout the years for particular games. When a new version comes out that requires different timing, different game systems, new modifications to moves and more. People tend to stick with what they like and have learned, especially if they are good at it.

It will be interesting to see how XIV fairs in bringing the community back together. After all, the game's looking good in all aspects IMHO. Taking some of the best features from previous kof games and balancing them is a nice way to go about it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:22:04 AM by shinefist »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 04, 2016, 03:29:19 PM »
XII was a 'rebirth' of sorts and they tried new stuff there but it didn't go over well with the fanbase at all.

That's why XIII is a lot closer to the classic KOF feel because that is what the fans of the series want. And if they don't get that then they just stick to 98/02.

So I'm really glad that SNK is trying to put the best of 98/02/XIII (the most popular KOFs) into XIV and getting as close as possible to the classic KOFs in terms of speed and feel. This is the best route they could have taken when jumping from 2D to 3D.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 04, 2016, 04:07:05 PM »
I've toyed with an idea. What SNK would've made XII on Atomiswave platform or at least with XI graphics and that would've been the end of Ash saga, with tag gameplay? What kind of game XIII would've been then?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 04, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »
I've toyed with an idea. What SNK would've made XII on Atomiswave platform or at least with XI graphics and that would've been the end of Ash saga, with tag gameplay? What kind of game XIII would've been then?
either non-existent, like the kof xii we know or like XIV in 3d. So 3 options. Xiii was made to clean up XiI which had huge production cost and time investment. The change was going to happen sometime since the pixel art was outdated. So If they kept the pixel art from the previous ones in XII, it might not have sold at all, leaving them with nothing to fund the huge process that were the sprites of XII / XIII. If they did still try and do that then at least now would have to be a jump in visuals, either still jumping to the XII/ XIII (which would take them about what 4-5 years?) looks or to 3D like we have now.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 04, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »

That would've been the perfect world for KOF imo. The Ash saga would have ended in the classic sprite style, that way we would have had a proper dream match game after XII with every character from the Ash saga with the gameplay of KOF 98/02 and the old sprite Style... Just... perfect.
In that way SNK would also have had way much more time to create KOF14 in the meantime with the new sprite style used in XII/XIII.

Now that I think about it... I don't get why a XII/XIII character is so hard to create... I mean... why not just making sprites with double the amount of pixels and that's it?.... or is the double amount of pixels per character the problem itself?

I just don't get it.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 04, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
@Arkayruz: read this whole article so you can understand why please http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/creation/

And in those regards 3D is much cheaper and faster to make, plus adding alternate costumes etc.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:59 PM »
I just saw our old primary admin and site creator nilcam on GameFAQs. He posted in the Pokken Tournanent boards a couple of weeks ago.

:( :( :( :(

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 05, 2016, 02:49:39 AM »
I agree with you. Soul Calibur 5 is a good example of this. It's possibly my favorite in the series, but my dumbass friends won't play it because it's too different from the other games or because their favorite character was missing or all of the above. Pisses me off to no end.

I just saw our old primary admin and site creator nilcam on GameFAQs. He posted in the Pokken Tournanent boards a couple of weeks ago.

:( :( :( :(
I've been gone from these boards for quite some time so I have no idea why he left. Would you please enlighten me?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:44 AM »
IIRC he went to pursue a higher education.

This was like four years ago, I think.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 05, 2016, 05:00:59 AM »
Hope he picked something that's useful to study. I have a degree in computer animation and I don't have shit to show for it. Instead I'm a freakin' electrician.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 05, 2016, 06:38:07 AM »
Hmh, good for him. On that note, I wonder what rest of the people are doing, that were active when I was around about four five-years ago...

I guess I have useful educations, but I want to aim higher. I wanted to be a journalist, but that backfired when I did pass the exams to get to school. Then  I studied the profession cook and hated doing that with passion. I don't like cooking anymore, although baking is kinda nice. Then I bacame salesman, but I found something off-putting on that job.

On to the topic then, do you think there will be trailer today?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 05, 2016, 08:18:56 AM »
Counting on either trailer or site update or both.
Wanted to be a doctor / priest but alot of shit came in between now im a learned Office Administrator lol

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 05, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
Even if they release 2 trailers a week, it would be roughly 4 months and that's not including the system, character and playmodes section. So I'm expecting atleast 2 vids a week hopefully lol

Just watching my son,  partner works whilst I'm self studying blender. I can do modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging and a little animation. I need to start looking for work real soon as it's all about making the dough and haven't made any yet  :(