Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343500 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1515 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
That Ryo damage: https://www.twitch.tv/gaminglive_tv1/v/67178503?t=01h59m27s

About 50% for 1 power bar.

I helped illustrate it in a GIF:

https://twitter.com/DC_Kane317/status/733396719530954752

Nice work  on the gif kain317.

Maybe Ryo can finish the the combo differently. Instead of the DP finish, how about DP super cancel into haoshokoken.

And in XIV can you super cancel EX moves into DM/EXDM?

Since you are in MAX Mode to use EX moves, I guess you super cancel them only into a EXDM.

Nice to have a European release date finally. I don't like that steel box though x__X I would prefer japanese cover.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 20, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
A 36 character build is coming soon. Please include angel and ramon  :)

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/news/news01.php

@Shiranui_ninja Could be. I cant remember if I've seen someone super cancel an EX move yet, I don't think I have.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:25:58 AM by shinefist »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 20, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »

KOFXIV at Stunfest casuals playing now!
The tournament will start on Sunday.
https://www.twitch.tv/frionel26
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:57:05 PM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 20, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »
I would shit my pants if I saw multiple Goros hulking out on a store :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 21, 2016, 02:55:17 AM »
The Stunfest stream was great, the best level of play yet.

They really went nuts with max mode activations lol, they were happening left and right.

A lot of cool stuff happened, hopefully someone puts together a highlight video.

Maybe Ryo can finish the the combo differently. Instead of the DP finish, how about DP super cancel into haoshokoken.

Iirc you can't super cancel EX moves in XIV, it was mentioned on one of the Japanese streams and I haven't seen anyone do it in a match.

As for Ryo, in that combo you can supercancel the DP at the end into an EX ranbu. A few guys did it on today's stream and it did some sweet damage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:58:37 AM by Diavle »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 21, 2016, 11:00:49 AM »
The Stunfest stream was great, the best level of play yet.

They really went nuts with max mode activations lol, they were happening left and right.

A lot of cool stuff happened, hopefully someone puts together a highlight video.
I only could see some freeplays. I saw Mai a few times. Piccolo was playing her in very spamming/annoying way, LOL. Her C+D is good, but maybe there are other options than spamm it insanely...
I hope we'll have the tournament on youtube soon.

Iirc you can't super cancel EX moves in XIV, it was mentioned on one of the Japanese streams and I haven't seen anyone do it in a match.

As for Ryo, in that combo you can supercancel the DP at the end into an EX ranbu. A few guys did it on today's stream and it did some sweet damage.
Really? That's very new to me. I didn't know that. It makes sense. EX moves usually have extra juggle properties so why cancel it if you can do a DM after EX move's juggle..

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 21, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
Yeah I seen Ryo players ending with the DP into ranbu, I guess you hit the DP as late as possible.

That was a good showing and representation of XIV. I'm thinking K' can extend his combos abit more, just the players couldn't figure the correct ways to do so. It would be especially difficult to practice combos as all the players were trying to win.

Some observations

Kyo qcfA+C I'm sure I seen 2 guard points.

RDP+B+D only ground bounces when you hit them whilst there on the ground.

In corner qcfD,D qcf+A, qcf+A, EXDP was shown (can maybe do regular DP)

Kim qcf*2+B+D last hit ground bounds.

can still do XIII normal links like dB, dA, dB, sB combo's

Terry EX power charge has guard point.

can combo some light attacks to back knuckle, f+A I think

Ryo can use parries and can instantly use specials right after which seem to hit faster I think. So the parries really useful now. Someone hit df+B DP+A and it hit so fast and the range is good on the DP too.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »
There are already some Stunfest videos in youtube. I posted 3 in Video thread. Is Iori, Kyo, Kim and Athena fest, as usual.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
There are already some Stunfest videos in youtube. I posted 3 in Video thread. Is Iori, Kyo, Kim and Athena fest, as usual.

Just watched last half of the first video you linked, ryo's combo is 3 stocks and it ends like this B+C, sC, qcf+A+C, hcb+B+D, DP, ranbu

You could do a 2 stock version for less damage but still decent as your cancelling inside max mode to save a stock. It's B+C, sC, hcb+B+D, DP, ranbu.

Watch the video at 12:12, Ryo does the combo. He finishes the combo using an EXDM, but because the maxmode ended early he could of chosen to use just a DM if he wanted right?
Whilst if he was in maxmode still it would of been an automatic EXDM.

So basically you have to know specifically what combo's are going to use what amount of meter and then you have order select to consider. This games getting complicated.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2016, 05:07:18 PM »
@Shinefist: Even if, it was either meant to be ex DM or a botch because as you said, doing a DM (one button) in max mode will result in EX DM, since the max mode ended, that means he pressed 2 buttons which is unneeded in max mode.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
Huh, what I've watched, it seems that combos do huge damage and they seem relatively simple to execute. I might be horribly wrong though.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2016, 06:05:16 PM »
Huh, what I've watched, it seems that combos do huge damage and they seem relatively simple to execute. I might be horribly wrong though.
no you are correct. But they are more limited now. you can only free juggle once and I think 100% combos (even with 5 bars) won't exist since even Kim's climax last hit scales heavily unlike his XIII Neomax predecessor.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 21, 2016, 06:15:38 PM »
@Shinefist: Even if, it was either meant to be ex DM or a botch because as you said, doing a DM (one button) in max mode will result in EX DM, since the max mode ended, that means he pressed 2 buttons which is unneeded in max mode.

I agree, atleast you get some degree of control in the management of your meter. So that's a good thing.

@Custle don't forget people don't know how good the hitboxs are on the moves just yet. People are just going ham and using the games fast pace to there advantage.

The damage seems ok.. you need 4 to 5 metres to do about 75% or higher damage combos. The question is if you can land them as your opponent will have better defences with max mode raw activations EX's to help them zone and stuff. Well, to a degree.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 21, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »

Hm, I wouldn't see why not. Though, seeing as many of the moves allow for follow ups there wouldn't be too much of a point unless you really wanted the damage.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 21, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
That Ryo damage: https://www.twitch.tv/gaminglive_tv1/v/67178503?t=01h59m27s

About 50% for 1 power bar.

I helped illustrate it in a GIF:

https://twitter.com/DC_Kane317/status/733396719530954752

Nice work  on the gif kain317.

There are reports of ex moves not being super cancelable from stunfest.

also, some say that alternate guard is gone.