Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343817 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1545 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
Too bad this game has been so leaky. There really hasn't been huge element of surprise. Roster was leaked before the game was announced, so there really wasn't guessing who from the returning cast was going to be in the game. Pretty much only the new characters have been nice, but even their looks were leaked in that roster picture.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:36 PM »
All of that is twitter leak looks fake. Sylvia's background looks like a damn 2d sprite stage. Anything involving XIII could have easily been recreated with the visuals from the arcade dump.

One can even see the heavy edits done in the rugal name image compare to Kyo's and Mai's name. It is total BS.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:33:01 PM by Amedø310 »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 24, 2016, 04:00:35 AM »

MLHX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 24, 2016, 04:58:11 AM »
98UM and 02UM was created because SNK reused the same old sprites animation and data for those returning characters, cheap and easy. For XIII UM, This is not possible because it has higher resolution sprites and a very different system. It will be very expensive to add any new character. And why would SNK do this when they are now heavily promoting XIV? It is fake.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 24, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »
Man is this snddev2 getting annoying. His account is back, nothing had been deleted. The bloodstained sidewalk in KOFXIV looked interesting to me, too bad it's very likely fake like anything else in that Twitter.

The Stunfest streams are a goldmine, too bad for the utter lack of character variety even though I know it happens all the time. I wanted to see more Tungs and Changs, Tung is one of my favorite characters ever and some of Chang's normals look quite peculiar, so I'd like to take a good look at them.

What's with the newest screen? Another part of Angel's Climax or a free camera used in a normal game situation? I know all the screens so far are supposed to show how actual gameplay is supposed to look like, but hey, there always could be an exception.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:19:55 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 24, 2016, 04:06:19 PM »

Mui-Mui looks like she is holding the sun!  And she's on fire!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 24, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »
The most interesting thing I got from Stunfest

:D

I'm not sure how different are EX versions of Musasabi Mai charge and Musasabi Mai dive in the air. Looks like Musasabi in the air has several hits, while Musasabi charge doesn't. so I wonder if in Musasabi Mai charge Mai flies faster and/or has somekind of invencibility.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:16:19 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 24, 2016, 07:46:54 PM »
I personally don't play Mai but I'm glad she's got moves in this game that give her more of an edge than in XIII, because I like character diversity in tournaments. She can use her new DM as a wakeup / reversal tool and that ex fan combined with her ex musabI no Mai (which seems to switch sides in EX), is a great two-front mixup tool.

I'm very happy with the changes SNK has made to the movelists of most characters. I just wish that Kim's climax would be more like its 2k2UM variant with the Phoenix up kick, but that's just a small thing xD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:48:53 PM by The Good Loser »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »
Stream right now with Kayane with Frionel.
https://www.twitch.tv/kayanetv
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:49:12 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 24, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »
Thanks for the link Shiranui, it was mostly him teaching her how to play but you could still see some cool stuff.

Nelson is looking very, very cool. Some of the follow ups he did out of his chains:

- overhead
- low
- command throw
- launcher (lets Nelson juggle with a special or do resets)
- command dash forward
- back dash
- cork screw punch unblockable (he winds up for a second before releasing it, causes a full on guard break if the opponent is blocking and let's Nelson do a full follow up combo).

Terry is looking awesome in XIV as well, Frionel mentioned that he is a lot more technical now. From what I've noticed across the various streams regarding his shoulder Power Charge move:

- Light version: leaves Terry positive on hit and let's him link a normal (the player was able to link a far st. B).

- Hard version: launcher, let's Terry juggle with a Rising Tackle etc.

- EX version: has guard point on start up and causes wall bounce on hit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:51:06 PM by Diavle »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 25, 2016, 12:03:19 AM »
@Shiranui_ninja That's some mix up, the speed is fast too. Probably able to use that charge musasabi as an anti air as well maybe. Yeah theirs a chance your right with the charge musasabi having invincible frames at the start up. Then again having invincible frames as well as moving that fast seems too strong. The runaway tactics would be real.

@Diavle Nelson looks to be a simpler version of angel as far as his move list goes, as he requires just single command attacks to chain his moves. frionel managed to pull out some interesting mechanics as you listed. You never know with SNK though, Nelson might turnout to be an expert level character to use.

I never new about terry's light and hard power charge properties, good observations. I was surprised that benimaru had a full screen projectile with his EX hcb+P.

So many new characters fighting styles yet to be revealed also. If they are releasing the 36 character build this Saturday, SNK might update the website soon with the move lists for the characters that will be accessible to the new latest build.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 25, 2016, 04:27:52 AM »

Now for some back to back kick action!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 25, 2016, 05:08:39 AM »
I can't help but notice how King has all the ass while Ryo has none of it <_<

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 25, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »
I can't help but notice how King has all the ass while Ryo has none of it <_<
That's because his coat is hidding it. But I'm sure with all those muscles his ass is pretty perfect xD

her ex musabI no Mai (which seems to switch sides in EX), is a great two-front mixup tool.
Switching sides is not a property of its EX version. She has backward charge (charge 2, then 7 or 8 + A or C) and forward charge (charge 2, then 9 + A or C). But EX version seems to be a lot faster. she already had this move in KOF XIII but it didn't have EX version. Only Musasabi air dive.

@Shiranui_ninja That's some mix up, the speed is fast too. Probably able to use that charge musasabi as an anti air as well maybe. Yeah theirs a chance your right with the charge musasabi having invincible frames at the start up. Then again having invincible frames as well as moving that fast seems too strong. The runaway tactics would be real.
I even would say her second hit of EX Kachosen is an overhead. Because Luong is covering low. But maybe it's because she turns right since Mai changes her position so second hit of EX Kachosen hits Luong from behind.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:24:45 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
LOOK AT THIS LINEUP

28th of may in japan