Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343331 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1650 on: June 03, 2016, 01:22:09 AM »
It would make the parry too good probably.

Chin has a 1 frame parry/counter but he doesn't have a meterless invincible reversal like Ryo does.

Well, if Ryos parries were say 4-5 frames of total startup instead of the current 7-8 (i think), he would still, unlike chin, be unable to use them against meaties etc and they wouldn't come out on button hold so they'd require manual timing aswell. I don't think they'd be overpowered if made faster and since ex moves are only available in max mode he wouldn't have any launchers from parry anyways. The worst he's going to hit you with if he isn't in max mode is a super of some kind, unless they make parry max cancelable wich could be crazy.

And Chins counters are too good in 13. Playing against Chin is practically mental suicide because he is one big (small) dynamic 50/50 machine. Doesn't matter who's on offense, everything is Chins mixup and it all leads to corner carry and 500 ish damage. I hope he's more sane in 14 because i do like him, stupidity aside.

Ryo's parry is 4 frames start up in XIII and at minimum it's the same in XIV, going by the footage we have seen, if not slightly faster.

The drive cancel system being gone and EX moves not being available at all times will make Chin's counter a lot less of a threat from the getgo. He will still be able to super/advanced cancel/Climax cancel from it though, but it shouldn't be as bad as what he was able to pull with EX/Drive in XIII. His drinking limit being increased to 10 might also mean that he will need twice as many drinks in total to attain the full power boost ala XIII (which is very fair). I really like him too so here's hoping he's well balanced in XIV.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:25:57 AM by Diavle »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 03, 2016, 04:16:25 AM »
Ryo's parry is 4 frames start up in XIII and at minimum it's the same in XIV, going by the footage we have seen, if not slightly faster.

I believe df.B is 1 f faster than f.B, but yeah, you're probably right. What i meant was that when you are reacting to something you have to add either 1f for special or 4f for normal and i believe it's the latter, unless you buffer during another move. This effectively turns his 4 frame parry into either a 5 or an 8 frame move. This affects everything in the game, but the point is that for reactionary purposes, having Ryos parries go into startup after 1 frame instead of 4 (wich i think is the case) would make them better without actually changing how he can use them.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 03, 2016, 04:20:35 AM »
Chin's counter was cancellable to any special or super for free in XIII (even into itself). I have no reason to believe otherwise for XIV currently. His punch seems to be able to cancel to drink, maybe he just has a bunch of free cancelable moves, or maybe the amount of free cancels he can do are tied to his drink counter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 03, 2016, 05:42:56 AM »
Another nice trailer. I wasn't too into the music like the previous tracks but it's still a decent track. Great stage as well.

So Yuri's third super is a super Saiha... how uninspired. Then again, that's probably the only thing she can use to Climax Cancel.

Top tier Climax DM. Let's hope it doesn't go the way of R. Mika and Tracer.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:47:12 AM by marchefelix »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 03, 2016, 06:54:00 AM »
Well, stage looked kinda nice. Wonder where it is located?

Theme was kinda nice, reminds of AOF themes from 94 to 96. More moody.

Yuri looked entertaining, like always. I always felt that she was the most fun play from all the Kyokugens. Super Saiha looked funny, especially the part where she was knoecked back. Climax was funny, she did the Popeye's arm spinning :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 03, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
I'm sure some of us came to form an idea as to when the teams would be revealed based on how the teams were ordered in the front page of the official website. Well... for now we should forget about it. If you look at the front page again, you'll see that the order has been changed to be the same as in the characters page.

It would be wise to not make any assumptions as to when team videos will be released (Kim team was supposedly next according to the old ordering), for that's how misinformation gets spread.

Speaking of misinformation:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/02/king-fighters-xivs-team-art-fighting-trailer-shows-ryo-yuri-robert/

This article states that Robert and Yuri are in a relationship. However, their bios on the official website (which are up now) say nothing of this. This is just lore stuff, relatively minor. But we should not get in the habit of spreading any kind of information based on rumors or assumptions. I'm seeing it happen in other places.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:09:03 AM by marchefelix »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 03, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »
Relationships are always stupid in these games. They love each other secretly or they get married. So childish.
Truth to be told is always Robert who tries to capt Yuri's attention, while Yuri doesn't seem to feel anything special for him. I like how Yuri's future plans are rise her own Dojo, not get married or bullshit like that.

I loved new stage.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 03, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »
AOF Stage looks like the Japan stage from KOF 2003.

Still waiting for my Kensou fix.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 03, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
I'd like to see crossover characters would get some character development, as the series where they originated aren't getting new games in the future (who knows, but I don't think so). Mostly talking about Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting charcters, Ikari and Psycho Soldiers are kinda well integrated in the series.

Wasn't it hinted in XIII that Ryo and King were going out together?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 03, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »
I don't know about King and Ryo in XIII, but I do agree about crossover characters being more developed.

The only character they've given some love is Kim. And I mean they've really given him some love. He gets two disciples from the get go. Then he gets a friend and another disciple, both in the mainline games and in the spinoff games. He has a descendant in Kizuna Encounter and possibly an ancestor in Samurai Shodown Sen (can someone clarify?). His two sons become playable in the future. It's almost absurd how much they've developed him. That's why I'm a little pissed off that he gets to have a master in XIV.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 03, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »
Yeah, Kim. At least I kinda forgot that he was Fatal Fury character. KOF XI was good reminder of that.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 03, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 03, 2016, 09:30:13 PM »
Have you seen Kims wife? Id fight for justice every day too. wtf!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 04, 2016, 02:29:21 AM »
Have you seen Kims wife? Id fight for justice every day too. wtf!
that is Gung-Li's (Kim's master) wife, if you mean Luong. Tho it is said that he's a Manlet and a cuck, leaving Luong kind of wanting lol

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 04, 2016, 12:22:12 PM »
King and Ryo are the opposite thing to Robert and Yuri. It seems that Kings feels something for Ryo, but Ryo is only focused in his family Dojo and doesn't seem to feel anything special towards King.
But hey, looks like Mai and Andy are in a relationship finally. Time goes by so fast... xD
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature